Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Pressure too low to start
Pressure too low to start
Hello, I'm new to this board and I'd like to increase my initial pressure from 5 to 10 or 11, and stop the leakage to get my events lower. 5 is just too low.
My range is 5-19. I have a resmed air sense 10 autoset. Airlift f20 full mask. Used hrs. 191. Last night 13 events, pressure 13, ahi 11.3, total ai 10.0, central ai 7.4, average use 6.4 hrs.
pressure relief on, ramp off, humidity 5, tube temp 81 degrees. Usually I have about 13 events per hr, I,ve had one 4.5, one 5.0, several in the 7 range and some as high as 23.
My sleep study was an at home device that recorded data overnight and returned the next morning. 32 events per hr. I use to wake up with a headache as many as 3 or 4 times a week, with my mouth so dry a couldn't even talk. One time i sat up in bed in the morning and could not keep my balance and just fell over.
It is better but I'd like to get the events down to around 5 or less consistently. Getting the right strap tightness is a pain.
Can I adjust this machine my self?
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: Pressure too low to start
Hi inconsistentevents and welcome to the forum, this is the place to find help. You will shortly be receiving some detailed input from members who are familiar with your machine. One of the things you will need to do is download the free Sleepy Head software so go ahead with that if you can. Good luck,

Stan
Post Reply Post Reply
Here are some links that will help you with Sleepy Head.

Organize your SleepyHead Data 
Post your SleepyHead Data from Imgur
Robysue's Beginner's Guide to Sleepyhead
Mask Primer
Post Reply Post Reply
G'day inconsistentevents. Welcome to Apnea Board.

You can certainly adjust the pressure yourself. A starting pressure of 5 is too low for many people and somewhere between 6 and 8 is a reasonable average staring pressure for a lot of us.

Before you make any changes at all, you should probably consult your sleep doctor (if you have one) as proper medical supervision is desirable. However many people find they can't get an appointment in a reasonable time frame, or else their doc won't listen to their problems and work collaboratively to find a solution. If you're in this boat then there's nothing to stop you taking control of your own treatment.

First, go to the link "CPAP Setup Manuals" at the top of this page and request the clinician manual for your machine. Make sure you follow the instructions carefully as there are hundreds of machines listed.

Second, download and install #SleepyHead software. This will give you a very detailed analysis of your sleep data, to give you a sound basis for any changes which might be necessary.

Third, Upload a screenshot or two from SleepyHead so we can see what's going on and help you decide on the best settings.

Best of luck!
Post Reply Post Reply
I do get data from myair.resmed.com, usage hrs, mask seal, events per hr, mask on/off, total my air score. Is sleepyhead better?
Thanks.
Post Reply Post Reply
Welcome to the forum,

Changing your pressure setting is easy. Here is a link on how to do use the settings mode:  http://www.apneaboard.com/resmed-airsens...setup-info
 Turn the dial to minimum pressure and change it (8 may be a good starting point). You can also increase your comfort by using exhale pressure relief (EPR) if its not already enabled, which gives you 1-3 cm pressure relief during exhale. Simply scroll down to the comfort section,select EPR and turn it on. Then scroll to type and set it at full time. Finally set the level. 2 is a good stating point.

Dwnload [url=http://OSCAR Official Download Page ----> CLICK HERE ./]SleepyHead[/url] software. You can monitor your sleep data and see if it's working. Just install the software, and you will be able to import data from your SD card. The links below  show how to organize and post the data to the forum. Once we see the data we will be able to help you optimize your settings

Also see the mask primer which will help you to deal with your leak problems. http://www.apneaboard.com/wiki/index.php...ask_Primer
Download OSCAR

Organize Charts
Attaching Charts

Mask Primer
Soft Cervical Collar

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.

Post Reply Post Reply
(04-08-2017, 09:22 AM)inconsistentevents Wrote: I do get data from myair.resmed.com, usage hrs, mask seal, events per hr, mask on/off, total my air score. Is sleepyhead better?
Thanks.

SleepyHead is much better. MyAir gives very little information.
Download OSCAR

Organize Charts
Attaching Charts

Mask Primer
Soft Cervical Collar

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.

Post Reply Post Reply
Here is a link describing how to change your settings http://www.apneaboard.com/resmed-airsens...setup-info

I agree you should make this change immediately, and you can let your doctor know of your decision at your next appointment, or leave a message next week. Also be sure RAMP is turned off.

#Sleepyhead is miles ahead of MyAir. You won't believe the difference.
Sleeprider
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Organize your OSCAR Charts
Attaching Files
Mask Primer
How To Deal With Equipment Supplier

Post Reply Post Reply
Data is sent using cellular. Looks like I need to buy a sd card, there are two slots for cards? I did download sleepyhead. I changed the low pressure setting that was at 5. I only changed one setting at a time.
Post Reply Post Reply
The machines are all supplied from Resmed with a 2 GB SD card, but many DMEs remove them. The SD card is located behind a door on the upper left front-side of the blower unit. You can use any SDHC card from 2-16 GB, and larger is not better.
Sleeprider
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Organize your OSCAR Charts
Attaching Files
Mask Primer
How To Deal With Equipment Supplier

Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  CPAP journey start - please help (thread) Negligee1136 48 4,281 01-29-2024, 03:54 AM
Last Post: zaienk
  Isn't Resmed's Expiratory Pressure Relief really Inspiratory Pressure Support?? Reznik 122 18,646 12-09-2023, 12:54 PM
Last Post: Kathy14225
  Need to start CPAP and feeling overwhelmed shipofools999 11 1,190 10-06-2023, 07:10 AM
Last Post: Fabby
  DreamStation Auto Initial Start-up WilliamZ 3 503 09-11-2023, 11:23 AM
Last Post: Gideon
  Any downside to using static pressure vs range pressure? hejohoo 6 923 09-08-2023, 11:50 AM
Last Post: Gideon
  Should I start CPAP? brianstermat09 3 515 08-24-2023, 04:00 AM
Last Post: Ockrocket
  [CPAP] Hoping to find a fix for my CPAP's decision to start blasting me while inhaling. Speusippus 1 459 08-14-2023, 07:41 AM
Last Post: OpalRose

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.