Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Pressure vs. Flow Rate Graph
Pressure vs. Flow Rate Graph
So, I’ve been tinkering with the settings of my ResMed AirSense 10 for the last few months. I’m now sleeping decently for the most part just shy of eight hours per night for the month of March with an AHI average of 0.84. There have been a few nights where the AHI has been .44 and last night (3/23/2023) it was 0.56.

There have been comments on various YouTube channels that discussed APAP algorithms not being all that good on ResMed, iBreeze, and Respironics machines and suggests that in many cases CPAP mode works better. My ResMed AirSense 10 is set in APAP mode with 10 to 12 cmH2O and the ERP set to 1 cmH20. I use a standard size tube with the AirFit p30i nasal pillow mask.

In the zoomed in image of the Flow Rate waveform, some of the peaks are flat. I read or saw where this may show a partial airway collapse. I am thinking that if I bump the pressure to 10.6 or 11 cmH2O and the ERP set to 1 or 2, that it may round these off.
Am I reading and understanding the graph correctly? Has anybody else played around with this to round out the waveform? Am I wasting my effort and should be happy with what I have at the moment?

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Post Reply Post Reply
RE: Pressure vs. Flow Rate Graph
You are in the be happy zone.

The talks of the algorithms being bad has some truth to them. When the default settings are accepted, yes, often the results are poor. All APAPS and Auto BiLevels need at least the starting pressure set for the individual user, and most often the pressure relief (EPR) as well.

And there are definitely cases where a single pressure works better, but for most the algorithms are fine once the settings are optimized for the user.
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: Pressure vs. Flow Rate Graph
Thanks for the feedback. I'll leave well enough alone.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Too much STATIC showing in OSCAR Flow Rate PappaJoe 11 296 4 hours ago
Last Post: SarcasticDave94
  flow limit of 1 rhishi 2 83 6 hours ago
Last Post: Sleeprider
  Is this mouth breathing on flow r. Experiencing aerophagia with pressure above 6cmH20 Jonkier 1 118 Yesterday, 04:04 AM
Last Post: Narcil
  AirSense 10 leak rate baseline issue Phil7 9 1,570 04-23-2024, 05:41 PM
Last Post: Deborah K.
  Low AHI vs. low Flow Limitation apneakid 13 984 04-22-2024, 08:04 AM
  help... Suspicous Flow Rate and Flow Limitations, bothersome Aerophagia Barefooter64 17 873 04-19-2024, 03:47 PM
  Does Aircurve 10 Vauto record events and flow limits during ramp mode? SingleH 3 113 04-19-2024, 09:12 AM
Last Post: SingleH

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.