Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Pressure vs Mask Pressure
Pressure vs Mask Pressure
What is the difference between these two readings when looking at the charts in Sleepyhead?
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: Pressure vs Mask Pressure
The pressure charts show the current range of IPAP and EPAP pressure, the mask pressure shows a flow chart of that pressure similar to the flow rate graph.  You can see the shape of the pressure wave as delivered by the machine.  Of course you have to zoom in to see what is going on.

[Image: tEQY9Nk.png]
Sleeprider
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Organize your OSCAR Charts
Attaching Files
Mask Primer
How To Deal With Equipment Supplier

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
I am going to have to think about that. I understand what the pressure chart is telling me. Mask pressure...is it telling me something I need to know? And I'm pretty sure flow rate is over my head.
Post Reply Post Reply
Pressure is telling you what the machine is delivering, mask pressure shows what the pressure is within the mask and it will show the wave form as you inhale vs exhale (pressure changes).
Post Reply Post Reply
How does the machine know what the pressure is within the mask?
Post Reply Post Reply
It sends pulses to detect events and what kind. in addition, it can also detect what the pressure is on that end.
PaulaO

Take a deep breath and count to zen.

Post Reply Post Reply
Paula, thanks. I love your name.  Smile
Post Reply Post Reply
During an event, is it normal for the mask pressure chart in Sleepyhead to appear as almost a flat squiggly line during the event?  If so, why would it not appear as a ballooning higher line since breathing has stopped and shouldnt the pressure in the mask build up and appear as a  higher pressure?
Post Reply Post Reply
Pressure does not change during an event. If you compare the mask pressure against the flow-rate graph, the pressure is always at EPAP and does not change until the user spontaneously breaths and triggers IPAP. Remember your CPAP is designed to deliver precise pressures. It maintains those constant pressures regardless of flow.
Sleeprider
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Organize your OSCAR Charts
Attaching Files
Mask Primer
How To Deal With Equipment Supplier

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  [Pressure] Understanding Pressure Settings on ASV Suzee 80 3,261 4 hours ago
Last Post: SarcasticDave94
  [Pressure] Advice on pressure adjustments akarifur 37 1,523 03-17-2024, 02:50 PM
Last Post: Crimson Nape
  Struggling with pressure etc ubuntootoo 6 147 03-17-2024, 08:19 AM
Last Post: MaskedOne
  [CPAP] Can pressure wanting to go higher actually be due to leakage? richapple 1 72 03-15-2024, 06:52 PM
Last Post: SarcasticDave94
  Full Face Mask Recommendations for Minimal Bounce with Pressure Support Unkikonki 15 451 03-14-2024, 03:00 PM
Last Post: RLRoth
  [Pressure] ASV pressure too high. Please Help Mosleepy 23 544 03-13-2024, 04:31 PM
Last Post: stevew168
  [Pressure] Looking for some pressure guidance lavenderlate 1 109 03-11-2024, 07:50 PM
Last Post: staceyburke

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.