Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Presure Messing With Lungs?
RE: Presure Messing With Lungs?
Thanks again everyone.
Post Reply Post Reply
Player,

I'd been on CPAP for slightly over a year when I was diagnosed with hypertophic cardiomyopathy, which is a heart condition that restricts the blood flow out of the left ventricle, backflow through the mitral valve, and arrhythmia. One of the symptoms that took me to the emergency room back in April was shortness of breath, which in my case feels like I can't expand my lungs enough to take a satisfying deep breath (which is extremely frustrating when the deep breath I want to take is a yawn).

Hypertrophic cardiomyopathy is the genetic condition that makes young athletes drop dead on the basketball court, or while running marathons and such. I don't know how old you are, but my condition didn't manifest itself until I was 48 years old. In contrast, my DME provider just told me about an 8 year old girl who recently had open heart surgery for the same condition (like I probably will one day). You know how she was diagnosed with HCM? She playing softball when she started complaining about feeling like she couldn't breathe!

I'm telling you this to make two points: 1) my shortness of breath has nothing to do with using a CPAP, and 2) shortness of breath can indicate serious cardiac conditions. GET CHECKED OUT (if you haven't already)!
Post Reply Post Reply
I will be 54 next month.

You're scare'n me dude!

I will get checked out, thanks.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Lactic acidosis in the lungs justdano 5 364 01-13-2024, 11:00 AM
Last Post: SarcasticDave94
  DeVilbliss DV54 presure surging lanecito 5 534 09-16-2022, 12:48 PM
Last Post: Gideon
  Good nightly AHI, but lungs feel a bit taxed and still a little tired 8TheGreat 2 667 06-06-2022, 10:27 PM
Last Post: RainbowFish
  pressure and lungs pains Gorge 5 820 05-10-2022, 01:20 PM
Last Post: Gideon
  pain in my lungs koy23 4 1,176 01-02-2022, 05:06 PM
Last Post: Geer1
  Resmed S9 presure seting E.W. 1 410 07-09-2021, 08:40 AM
Last Post: factor
  Irritated lungs/chest/throat Davidacarrick 5 1,065 07-31-2020, 05:45 AM
Last Post: ardenum

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.