Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Pretty darned good travel kit
Pretty darned good travel kit
OK - have been angling for a really good travel setup for myself.

Finally came down to the following:
  • Respironics S-8 Autoset II - NOS - with 4 nights sleep on it - about 28 hours blower time I put on it to make sure it runs before getting out to BFE*
  • Old Resmed Mirage FX mask w/ new cushion
  • Resmed Slimline Tubing - 6'
  • 12' cord purchased separately since the standard 6' cord seems just a tad short in many hotel rooms
  • Spare Filters
  • Ruggard Navigator 35 shoulder bag (camera bag)
  • Respiratory Equipment tag that will slip in the side pocket for privacy when not needed (not really required, but I find it sometimes helps to have authoritative looking documentation for some of the more common-sense-challenged airport folk)
The S-8 flow generator is double padded on the end, flaps fold over it, tube coils up in the remaining half with the mask slipping down inside the tube coils. My pill box fits right on top of all the rest of it, and the cord will go in the front pocket with spare filters. That front pocket will also hold a few extra insulin pens and a small glucose meter with test strips.

OMM

*Buffalo Falls Escarpment wilderness park lodge - What were you thinking?

Post Reply Post Reply
RE: Pretty darned good travel kit
Nice setup!
Post Reply Post Reply
Looks like you've thought of everything!
Well-done
OpalRose
OpalRose
Apnea Board Administrator
www.apneaboard.com

Soft Cervical Collar
Optimizing therapy
OSCAR supported machines
Mask Primer

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE.  ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA.  INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
I don't bother with an extension cord though that's not a bad idea. Between the cord on the power brick and the hose, I have always had plenty of length for any business hotel. I pack a little 3-way outlet so I can take use the electrical outlet that is occupied by the alarm clock and the lamp and also be able to plug in the CPAP machine and a USB phone charger.
Post Reply Post Reply
The outlet splitter is a good idea. I was thinking I could make do with a more remote outlet with the long power cord but it wouldn't hurt to have the splitter. I have run into situations where the {one} available outlet at the head of the bed was taken up by clock and lamp. And clock was something I needed in pre-smartphone days. In addition to the splitter, I should probably drop a USB converter and retractable cord in the kit for charging the phone. I have one in the briefcase, but it is so small as to not be bothersome in this case.

I love it when hotels have a full socket over the nightstand for all the electrical things we now travel with. When outfitting my second guest room here in the house with bedside table, I did get alarm clocks with USB ports and set them up with charging cables for both USB and Thunderbolt plugs.

One of the reasons I went back to an S-8 variant was to get rid of the power brick required of other models.

OMM

Post Reply Post Reply
You forgot something............

[img][Image: saeco.png][/img]
Post Reply Post Reply
Good choice of travel bags. Even has room for your P229.
Admin Note:
JustMongo passed away in August 2017
Click HERE to read his Memorial Thread

~ Rest in Peace ~
Post Reply Post Reply
I carry mine in a leather pilot's case (the wheels and stuff mean I don't have to carry it, and I can fit my Vaio Pro 13 laptop in for good measure) when I'm travelling - to date only once has an airline queried me and asked for documentation (which I always carry) - when travelling back from Florence after a conference - the Italians were pretty bolshy about it, and I don't know whether to be annoyed at the nit-pickery of the Italians or the lack of interest security in Zurich, Heathrow or JFK ever showed in my gear.....
Post Reply Post Reply
I like to carry my prs1 auto with humidifier so I needed a bigger bag. I settled on a case logic slrc 206 camera backpack. It's big enough for all this:
1) PRS1 auto with humidifier with heated hose
2) Heated hose
3) Full face mask
4) Hose clamp For overhead mount.
5) power brick in the front pocket.
6) surge protector in the side tripod mount.

Still has a sleeve left for a MacBook Pro 15 inch and some random pockets for small stuff.

PRS1 Auto & Dreamstation Auto w/ P10 and straight pressure of 8cm
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
Idea [CPAP] New to CPAP, Good So Far! TWINDAWN 2 72 Yesterday, 04:30 AM
Last Post: UnicornRider
Cool Smallest travel CPAP setup w/ Transcend Micro kotaKat 4 1,678 03-25-2024, 04:52 PM
Last Post: johnbrain
  Need help to find a good Luna G3 pressure. johnathanb76 13 204 03-22-2024, 11:06 AM
Last Post: Sleeprider
  Any experiences with BMC M1 Mini travel Auto CP?AP DrJelly 4 675 03-15-2024, 01:18 PM
Last Post: DrJelly
  Good AHI but Low Tidal Volume and Minute Ventilation erolalper 1 148 03-15-2024, 07:57 AM
Last Post: BoxcarPete
  Is a travel CPAP machine worth it? BobbieM 21 5,736 03-14-2024, 01:55 PM
Last Post: tommystix
  25 years of cpap, and still not working good Johan van der veen 2 178 03-08-2024, 10:15 AM
Last Post: Johan van der veen

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.