Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Pretty depressed
RE: Pretty depressed
(09-10-2013, 07:28 PM)Eddie702 Wrote: I guess I am upset that after 2 months I thought I would feel better or I hoped the Dr would come up with a "miracle" LOL, LOL.

I *completely* understand. I've been on a CPAP for more than a decade now. When I got diagnosed I was always tired. And I heard from friends online about how after their titration study they were bouncing off the walls they were so full of energy. So I was ready to experience that.

I've never had that, ever. And damn was that discouraging.

I had nasal problems that led to a lot of compliance issues. And even when all that was resolved, the non-auto CPAP didn't work well for me. This was before all the units with C-Flex/EPR. Full pressure was too hard to breath against and get to sleep, but using ramping meant not enough pressure for me to get enough air on inhalation. So they got me the Auto machine. Well, eventually. That DME was terrible, and I've used another wonderful one for years now.

Even so, no miracle cure. It wasn't until like 1 year into good compliance that I realized it *was* helping. Yes, if I got only 5-6 hours of sleep I was tired. But I was only *tired*. Previously I would have had trouble staying conscious during the day. And that's when I got happier, because it *was* working.
Post Reply Post Reply
Hi kurtm, WELCOME! to the forum.!
Great to hear that CPAP therapy is working for you.
trish6hundred
Post Reply Post Reply
Eddie, it can take a while, so keep trying. With my work and fun activities, masks and positive pressure weren't a completely foreign thing to me so I took to it right away... but as you can see, for others it has been a bit more of a challenge.

Once you've got the pressure to where it needs to be (and possibly get an APAP so it can tweak it when it needs to), hopefully it'll result in far fewer apnea events and a much better sleep overall. Although we're all different, it seems that the right pressure + the right mask = good chance of getting good sleep.
INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Could you please help analyze my sleep study results? Pretty sure I need an ASV samisnow1 4 1,614 12-28-2021, 12:21 PM
Last Post: LindanHotAir
  Feel like my numbers look pretty good, but I'm not sleeping any differently? bigsnarfy 2 695 08-14-2021, 11:18 AM
Last Post: bigsnarfy
  Feeling pretty good after 3-ish months but need reassurance and/or advice plakky 6 845 04-21-2021, 11:32 PM
Last Post: plakky
  [Diagnosis] Newly Diagnosed Scared and Depressed flcpap17 6 969 10-27-2020, 01:50 AM
Last Post: jaswilliams
  Pretty Dialled in but minor tweak help please gcritchley 14 1,650 02-20-2020, 08:04 PM
Last Post: Gideon
  Breathing starts becoming shallow until CA/OA occur(anxiety and respiratory depressed MyronH 6 1,677 07-14-2018, 08:26 AM
Last Post: MyronH
  Urgent advice needed - In hospital - Lots of CA's and respiratory feels depressed MyronH 14 2,887 05-20-2018, 07:40 AM
Last Post: MyronH

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.