Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Price of AirFit F10 Mask
Price of AirFit F10 Mask
Hi all. First, this post is not indented to make any judgments on dme of choice, but simply to get a sense of what may be considered as reasonable price.

I have been quoted $310.00 for AirFit F10 Mask and although my employer insurance covers this, I am thinking that this is quite high and I only get one mask per year. Does this price sound reasonable for this mask?

Thanks!
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: Price of AirFit F10 Mask
Many DME suppliers will quote outrageous prices for items, with full awareness they will never be reimbursed that amount. Reimbursement amounts are set by contracts between the in-network supplier and the insurance company. You may be able to see the actual amount paid by looking at the settled claim after-the-fact. They will likely be reimbursed about half that amount.

The invoice price is a fantasy, and meaningless in this case. If you are personally responsible for the costs, then shopping for the best price is essential. However in this case, the amount that will be paid has already been settled; you just don't know what that is.
Sleeprider
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Organize your OSCAR Charts
Attaching Files
Mask Primer
How To Deal With Equipment Supplier

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Introducing the ResMed AirFit F40 MrIvanDrago 20 1,457 03-17-2024, 06:47 PM
Last Post: mecutl3r
  AirFit F20 Irritating Nose Bridge SavvApnea 40 6,784 03-10-2024, 01:38 PM
Last Post: TechieHippie
  [Equipment] Loud noise from AirFit F20 mask SleepyLuke 2 1,541 03-04-2024, 12:38 AM
Last Post: SleepyLuke
  AirSense 11 & AirFit F30i Mask, new CPAP user TreeSky 0 268 02-25-2024, 09:47 AM
Last Post: TreeSky
  Pros/Cons of buying PAP at full price TwoFistedWonderBrain 14 679 02-24-2024, 10:39 AM
Last Post: TwoFistedWonderBrain
  [Equipment] Hybrid mask discontinued, new AirFit 30 leaks! LessSleepyHalf 3 947 02-18-2024, 11:06 AM
Last Post: Jay51
  ResMed Airfit P10 ScottW 41 20,079 02-12-2024, 12:48 PM
Last Post: TexasDon

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.