Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Prisma 20A
Prisma 20A
Hello, I am looking for a powerbank or battery for travel for my Weiman Prisma 20A. Do you have information where I can find them.
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: Prisma 20A
Hello, welcome to the board.

It seems like Weinmann Prisma 20A uses a 37v 2.5A DC power input. (Part# WM24133)

[Image: K34Ydwa.jpeg]

That's quite an unusual power requirement - my Resmed AirSense 10 requires a 24v 3.75A input with a 7.4mm x 6.0mm DC barrel connector that it shares with many Dell/HP laptops. The connector for your machine also seems quite unusual, and not readily available as a spare part, as is present in the manual:

[Image: kZimBUg.png]

The manual (pg. 21) recommends using the provided AC/DC power supply with a DC/AC inverter for mobile use, specifying the use of the WM24616 for 12v DC input, or WM24617 for 24v DC input. However, I'm sure you can use any quality DC/AC inverter with a pure sine wave (not modified sine wave, corrected sine wave, square wave, etc.) AC output for your machine, provided it can sustain the requirements of your provided AC/DC power supply.

That should suffice as a ready-made solution that you can hook up to a lead-acid/lithium battery, at the relative expense of portability and weight.

You could also go the route of putting together a custom power solution that meets your runtime and weight requirements, but that would require sacrificing an AC/DC power brick for the power supply cable (and taking care to fulfill any odd signaling requirements à la ResMed) and a bit of DIY electrical work, but would make for an interesting weekend project if you're so inclined. Remember that AC/DC conversion incurs significant losses compared to DC/DC conversion, and having purely DC/DC conversion in a custom battery pack would allow you to extract the maximum power from your battery.

So, easy plug-and-play solution:
  • Prisma 20A
  • connected to Included AC Power Supply
  • connected to AC/DC Pure Sine Wave Inverter (12v) capable of a sustained (not peak) load of 360W or greater
  • connected to 12v SLA (preferably deep-cycle capable) battery or lithium battery pack capable of outputting ~12v, or a 12v automobile/airplane outlet.
You will also need a charger to charge the battery, and the battery capacity should be selected based on how many hours you are planning to use the device between charges, and whether you have any power-consuming features (humidifier, heated hose) set to on, or at higher levels.

You can also simply buy a portable power station, such as the Jackery Explorer 240 or Explorer 500, and plug in your power supply directly into that for an even easier solution. Amazon Germany has these available for sale.

[Image: 71aqzq2lWKS.__AC_SX300_SY300_QL70_ML2_.jpg]
Post Reply Post Reply
Hello @rfburns, thanks for your info. I will consider the solution with the power station.
Post Reply Post Reply
Hi there, thanks for this, it is very helpful as I'm also looking for a battery solution for my Prisma 20A. I'm having trouble working out the power consumption of my 20A and what size battery I'll need for say a 3 night camping trip. Say I use the my 20A at humidity level 4 (out of 7) but rarely go above 8.0 in pressure, and mostly sit around 6.5, are you able to advise roughly how much power I'm using? Thanks!!
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Transitioning from ResMed to Lowenstein Prisma 20A SakimaStorm 5 287 04-16-2024, 04:34 AM
Last Post: bobgsm
  Prisma Smart Max Revvysue 4 117 04-15-2024, 06:19 PM
Last Post: Revvysue
  [CPAP] Prisma 20A - Change of machine and regression elliott.981. 17 1,869 03-21-2024, 10:25 AM
Last Post: Macka
  Bi-Level Help, Prisma 25ST Macka 0 147 03-21-2024, 09:04 AM
Last Post: Macka
  New APAP machine: Lowenstein Prisma Smart Max Robert Detz 10 522 03-21-2024, 07:58 AM
Last Post: WisNaeMe
  [CPAP] PRISMA SMART MAX PROBLEMS WITH SOFTPAP LEVEL 2 rretamalt 18 2,204 03-19-2024, 06:17 PM
Last Post: motivationalGust
  1 year on CPAP - No progress: Lowenstein Prisma Smart phoen1kx 30 1,720 03-15-2024, 04:47 PM
Last Post: phoen1kx

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.