Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Prisma 25ST report
Prisma 25ST report
I took possession of Prisma 25ST this first night and with the settings from Sefam DreamStar Duo I got the report generated by PrismaTS which I converted into PDF file because Oscar can't import it. The settings were prescribed by a known doctor, but I see that there are quite a few CAs and the question is what to do next?
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: Prisma 25ST report
ST technology is inferior to treatment of central and complex apnea as compared to ASV. I'm not familiar with the Prisma 24ST capabilities, but most ST machines operate on fixed EPAP and IPAP pressures on every breath, with a timed backup in the event the spontaneous pace is not maintained. That means for the treatment of CA, the machine must provide sufficient pressure support to do all of the work of respiration on every breath. Compare to the ASV which allows for spontaneous breathing and provides variable pressure support to resolve apnea, hypopnea and variable breathing on a breath by breath basis, to maintain the tidal volume or minute vent target. So the real answer to your question is to switch to a technology more appropriate to the treatment of your condition.

I realize that is not possible in all parts of the World, so standard titration protocols are always the same. To resolve obstruction, increase EPAP, and to resolve CA, increase IPAP or pressure support. If you are using a fixed pressure of 11.0/6.0 (IPAP/EPAP), then the next logical step is 12.0/6.0.
Sleeprider
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Organize your OSCAR Charts
Attaching Files
Mask Primer
How To Deal With Equipment Supplier

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
Can see 3 files from 8 converted!            
Post Reply Post Reply
You still have significant obstructive apnea as well as centrals, and positional apnea may be contributing to the OA events, as described in this wiki http://www.apneaboard.com/wiki/index.php...onal_Apnea For the OA events you either need higher EPAP pressure or a soft cervical collar, then for the machine to have enough pressure support to cause a timed breath, you need more pressure support. The next change is to try EPAP 7.0 and IPAP 13.0. This will provide PS 6.0 for any triggered breaths. It typically can take anywhere from 8.0 to 12.0 pressure support to treat central apnea. That is a lot on every breath, and the reason we prefer ASV.
Sleeprider
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Attaching Files
Mask Primer

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
Thank you dear sir and I will take your advice into account.
Prisma25ST can also be set to ST auto mode , it is only a German device.
Post Reply Post Reply
Is this on the right mode to even attempt to resolve central apnea? On the picture with charts in the top right hand corner it says “Mode overview: S - 6:59h”
Post Reply Post Reply
Good point CPAPer101. This needs to be in ST or ST auto mode, or it does nothing during CA. In S-mode the pressure support will actually suppress spontaneous respiration by reducing CO2, then just sit there waiting for a spontaneous breath...no timed backup.
Sleeprider
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Attaching Files
Mask Primer

Post Reply Post Reply
On the first night with ST therapy, central apnea disappeared, but hypoapnea and RERA increased. I still don't understand the Ti / T ratio and also the Ramp IN how this procedure affects. I confess that I felt some heartache that stopped after stopping the therapy. Maybe I need to make changes to the therapeutic parameters. Attached below is a shotscreen during therapy. Best regards.

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Post Reply Post Reply
As you can see, the ST at 11/6 pressure and 13 BPM, provides the same pressure for every breath. The events we see above show a slow decrease in respiratory volume with a sudden arousal and recovery breathing, and the pattern repeats. If this is obstructive, we recommend increasing EPAP and IPAP together to prevent obstruction and keep the airway patent. If it is central, only IPAP increases to give more pressure support. ST is not ideal for central apnea as I said earlier. The question is, do you have obstructive or central apnea? What was your diagnosis?
Sleeprider
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Attaching Files
Mask Primer

Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Transitioning from ResMed to Lowenstein Prisma 20A SakimaStorm 2 92 Yesterday, 02:38 PM
Last Post: SakimaStorm
  [CPAP] Prisma 20A - Change of machine and regression elliott.981. 17 1,702 03-21-2024, 10:25 AM
Last Post: Macka
  Bi-Level Help, Prisma 25ST Macka 0 81 03-21-2024, 09:04 AM
Last Post: Macka
  New APAP machine: Lowenstein Prisma Smart Max Robert Detz 10 364 03-21-2024, 07:58 AM
Last Post: WisNaeMe
  [CPAP] PRISMA SMART MAX PROBLEMS WITH SOFTPAP LEVEL 2 rretamalt 18 2,004 03-19-2024, 06:17 PM
Last Post: motivationalGust
  1 year on CPAP - No progress: Lowenstein Prisma Smart phoen1kx 30 1,462 03-15-2024, 04:47 PM
Last Post: phoen1kx
  Abnormal report - me or machine Anthony2L 1 170 02-29-2024, 04:26 PM
Last Post: Sleeprider

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.