Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Prisma NIV advice
RE: Prisma NIV advice
Further info that I have found out. I only have access to one machine the Weissman Prisma Vent 40. If anyone can help me with info re this machine it would be most helpful. Does Oscar support this? And finally, if this machine isn’t up to scratch would I be better sticking with my Dreamstation?

Regards

John
Post Reply Post Reply
I have my doubts that any of your doctors wants to actually give you a PrismaVent 40 - FWIW: https://lmt-downloadcenter.hul.de/download.php?id=384 &
https://lmt-downloadcenter.hul.de/en/fil...-vent40-4/

If it is "just" plain Bi-Level, I would aim for the Prisma 25 ST - that can do CPAP, APAP, Bi-Level S and ST as well as Auto-Bilevel S and ST ... and well it has the same as TRI-Level as well

but maybe the Vent 40 is capaple of "simple" Auto-Bi-Level as well
Post Reply Post Reply
FWIW the below quote from Lowenstein's website

"prisma VENT40 now offers safety and even more flexibility. Thanks to a broad pressure range of up to 40 hPa and volume compensation, the device is suitable for treatment of a wide spectrum of disorders. Both prisma VENT30 and prisma VENT40 come with complete alarm management, integrated power supply unit, and an optional internal rechargeable battery with a 12-hour operating capacity. These features make prisma VENT easy to transport for safe use anywhere."

This VENT40 sounds somewhat like a ResMed Astral NIV Ventilator. Max pressure is 40 hPa which is equal to 40.7897715569 cmH2O. Built-in battery backup. This is one of the bigger blowers, top middle of their lineup more or less, again this is an NIV as far as I can tell. Image below.

[attachment=34282]
INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEBSITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
I spoke to the nurse stating that perhaps this was over the top and I only required bi level. She informed me that this is the only bi level solution they offer. So hopefully it will do the job Smile
Post Reply Post Reply
If it's what I've gathered, it'll be overkill, but it'll do and a lot more than that.
INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEBSITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  New to CPAP, looking for guidance and advice iamJB 16 281 2 hours ago
Last Post: Expat31
  Transitioning from ResMed to Lowenstein Prisma 20A SakimaStorm 2 100 Yesterday, 02:38 PM
Last Post: SakimaStorm
  New- CA CA-Tired help with settings advice jenjabba 8 169 Yesterday, 01:03 PM
Last Post: SarcasticDave94
  New Here, Been using OSCAR, Need Advice Regarding Adjustments FrankReality 26 861 03-26-2024, 01:49 PM
Last Post: FrankReality
  [Pressure] Advice on pressure adjustments akarifur 43 1,796 03-25-2024, 08:58 PM
Last Post: Uzupan
  [CPAP] Prisma 20A - Change of machine and regression elliott.981. 17 1,710 03-21-2024, 10:25 AM
Last Post: Macka
  Bi-Level Help, Prisma 25ST Macka 0 85 03-21-2024, 09:04 AM
Last Post: Macka

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.