Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Problem
Problem
so I've had my machine for about a year or so maybe longer. Before I had it I would wake up every 2 hours and go to the bathroom. I've since figured out that I can go without for days and sleep for 10 hours without waking up. I usually do not use it on my days off of work. With that being said even when I use my machine when I go to work I am not able to stay awake from between 8-9 unless I'm actively moving around so I have about 2-3 hours after I wake up before I start dozing off. What could be the problem because its saying I have 2 and below AHI every night.

Usually the AHI is around .6 to 1
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: Problem
Hi JustinJ,
Welcome to Apnea Board!

First thing is to fill out your profile so we know what machine, mask, pressure, etc. you are using.

Next, download the  OSCAR software. (Be sure there is an SD card in your Cpap.) Post a screenshot of the daily page here.  Follow the links in my Signature line for guidance.

You can have a low AHI and still have bad sleep.  There are other events like Flow limitations and Reras that can disrupt your sleep, and these events are not tallied in the AHI.

Using the Cpap consistently is key.  We can help once we see your data.
OpalRose
Apnea Board Administrator
www.apneaboard.com

Soft Cervical Collar
Optimizing therapy
OSCAR supported machines
Mask Primer

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE.  ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA.  INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
using your machine everyday, Opel Rose is correct. It's therapy, not something you should slack on. You wanna get better use it everyday. There is more beneath the surface that you think.
Post Reply Post Reply
(06-24-2020, 05:47 AM)JustinJ Wrote: so I've had my machine for about a year or so maybe longer. Before I had it I would wake up every 2 hours and go to the bathroom. I've since figured out that I can go without for days and sleep for 10 hours without waking up. I usually do not use it on my days off of work. With that being said even when I use my machine when I go to work I am not able to stay awake from between 8-9 unless I'm actively moving around so I have about 2-3 hours after I wake up before I start dozing off. What could be the problem because its saying I have 2 and below AHI every night.

Usually the AHI is around .6 to 1

First, I would suggest that you adopt the maxim of my cardiologist: "you don't treat the machine, you treat the patient." Thus, it is all about how you feel as opposed to any device readings.

Second, I would suggest that therapy has to be continuous and that breaking your schedule my introduce extraneous complications into your treatment regimen.

Third, I would suggest that you have a chat with your sleep doctor to rule out any underlying conditions.

And four, I would suggest you download OSCAR and post some sample data for our fellow eagle-eyed forum members.

Best of luck.
"The object in life is not to be on the side of the majority, but to escape finding oneself in the ranks of the insane." -- Marcus Aurelius
Post Reply Post Reply
Nothing new to add from me. Use the PAP machine daily or you lose the benefits. We need to see OSCAR to inform us how to help. An AHI number is great to show the PAP machine is doing its job. The other half of the story is "How do you feel?" after producing the AHI of 0.6 -1. Your AHI may be low, but you may have other aspects not reflected anywhere in AHI.

BTW a Captain Obvious: you don't get an AHI of .6-1 when you don't mask up. The AHI is whatever your untreated numbers were during the PSG sleep study.
INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEBSITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
I have maybe 10 naps a year.  I wouldn't dream of declining the sleep benefits of a nap by also not using my SLEEP therapy device.  It would be like eating a salty meal while washing down my daily blood pressure meds with a soda pop.  Why bother with the meds?

Sleeping is the only state in which you experience your breathing troubles.  When you do sleep, you experience breathing troubles.  Your device minimizes the deleterious effects of your sleep during every minute of it.
Post Reply Post Reply
Welcome to the forum.

As others have said, fill in your profile with machine / mask etc.. and download Oscar so you can post your data.

The sleep disturbance could be as simple as having a high maximum pressure setting if you are running on auto.

But once you post some information others here will be able to give you some insight. 

Welcome
Coffee
- They are not spelling/grammar errors.. I live in Australia, we do it differently Down Under  Big Grin -
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  AirFit F30i Mask Problem OldTeacher 22 4,557 03-23-2024, 03:23 PM
Last Post: ButtonNoseBarbie
  [CPAP] ResMed Air Sense 10 Auto Off Problem Buddie43 19 26,326 03-05-2024, 10:50 PM
Last Post: Ailyhsaun
  Are these flow limits my problem? k888 87 5,462 02-26-2024, 12:02 PM
Last Post: k888
  [Treatment] Are leaks the problem or do I need BIPAP? TiredDude 3 331 02-22-2024, 07:52 PM
Last Post: Sleeprider
  [CPAP] Is my leak rate a problem? Kevstuf 5 549 02-08-2024, 10:25 AM
Last Post: Kevstuf
  If nasal congestion is a problem, will this show in my AHI? canigetawitness1992 4 390 01-29-2024, 09:20 PM
Last Post: RNeil
  [Equipment] ResMed S9 Elite CPAP – Climate hose problem drewb6111 2 228 01-28-2024, 08:24 PM
Last Post: drewb6111

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.