Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Problem Downloading Oscar 1.5.1
Problem Downloading Oscar 1.5.1
My Windows laptop is not downloading the file as EXE. Instead it is a CRDOWNLOAD file, which I don't know how to open.

In my downloads, it looks like "UNCONFIRMED 165016.CRDOWNLOAD"

Has anyone come across anything similar?
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: Problem Downloading Oscar 1.5.1
I am guessing that your antivirus software is preventing the download. Some AV software uses a database of recognized programs to allow them to be downloaded. Try disabling it and download again. ONLY download from the https://www.sleepfiles.com/OSCAR/ site. That way we know you are getting a valid file.

- Red
Crimson Nape
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com
Attaching Images and Files on Apnea Board
Apnea Helpful Tips

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
While I did not hit this problem for OSCAR, I have hit this problem when downloading other software.

The circumvention is:
(1) Use Ctrl-J to get the list of downloads.
(2) Right-click the failed download.
(3) use the option "Show in Folder"
(4) Right-click the downloaded CRDOWNLOAD file and Choose "Rename".
(5) Rename the file to either OSCAR-1.5.1-Win32.exe or OSCAR-1.5.1-Win64.exe, depending upon whether you chose to download the 32-bit or 64-bit version.

You can now double-click the renamed file to start the installation.
Post Reply Post Reply
I just found out that Windows 11 has put up some excessive roadblocks when you try to download a file that hasn't paid M$ their extortion fee. During testing of an OSCAR problem from another post, Windows 11 required me to jump through several hoops, and had me select a very small "Keep" option several times, in order to download OSCAR, or it would rename it the "CRDOWNLOAD", like was stated above. After the download completed, it then asked many times if I was sure that I wanted to install it. Boy!, I'm glad that the only time I have to use W11 is in a VM for testing.

Another W11 security is it will block OSCAR from writing to the OSCAR_Data folder in Documents until you remove the "Read Only" setting from the directory and set the access to "Everyone" with full access.

- Red
Crimson Nape
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com
Attaching Images and Files on Apnea Board
Apnea Helpful Tips

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
Thanks, everyone, for your help.  I was able to get it downloaded by temporarily overriding virus software blocking unknown exe files.
Post Reply Post Reply
MicroShaft strikes again.   Oh-jeez
SuperSleeper
Apnea Board Administrator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  There's 1.5 years of data in my OSCAR, but now there's a problem Snackers 8 355 03-19-2024, 03:36 AM
Last Post: Snackers
  problem downloading OSCAR SOFTWARE Bailey104 1 197 03-15-2024, 05:49 PM
Last Post: Crimson Nape
  Does ResScan delete detailed logs/records from the SD card after downloading them? Determinism 5 276 03-15-2024, 05:40 AM
Last Post: srlevine1
  OSCAR not downloading Happyeyes 8 376 01-30-2024, 08:59 PM
Last Post: Crimson Nape
Question Oscar installation problem [solved, see post #4] Bertrand 3 798 09-19-2023, 12:11 AM
Last Post: Bertrand
  OSCAR and Mac set up problem B. McKone 4 765 08-11-2023, 06:52 PM
Last Post: B. McKone
  Oscar Problem Dannobre 2 575 08-03-2023, 09:39 PM
Last Post: Dannobre

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.