Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Problem Getting Detailed Data from S9 Autoset 36005A
Problem Getting Detailed Data from S9 Autoset 36005A
I started with a new Resmed S9 Autoset a few days ago. I was excited about seeing my detailed data using ResScan (v5.1). Yesterday, I received the S9 USB adapter. After connecting it to S9 and downloading my first few days of data I noticed that the "Sleep Quality" was set to "Usage" and only summary graph was available on ResScan. So I changed this to "On". This morning when I downloaded the data, still no detailed graph was available for last night. Only Summary Data.
I read the discussions about some models S9 not being able to provide detailed data but I thought S9 Autoset is one of models that recorded detailed data. I am wondering if there is difference between the models 36005 and 36005A? Is anyone with a 36500A is able to see detailed graph of their data on ResScan?
Jason
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: Problem Getting Detailed Data from S9 Autoset 36005A
(10-10-2014, 01:12 PM)Jporter84 Wrote: So I changed this to "On". This morning when I downloaded the data, still no detailed graph was available for last night. Only Summary Data.
Welcome to the forum, Jporter84
you'll need to select "all available data" in the download menu
[Image: attachment.php?aid=60]

Also try SleepyHead, easier download procedure
Post Reply Post Reply

Zonk thank you for the welcome and thank you for response. I should have mentioned in my original post that I did select all available data as you suggested. But still did not get the detailed data. I am going to have to try sleepyhead to see if the problem with my data on the machine or the ResScan download. Unfortunately I'll have to wait until tomorrow as I erased all the data from my machine in case the issue was having a mixture of data with "sleep quality" set to "Usage" and "On".
Jason
Post Reply Post Reply
One more thing, ensure the card inside the machine while using it otherwise no detailed data if the card inserted afterwards, as detailed data written directly on the card and not stored on the machine. Sometimes the card goes inside the card slot but not pushed all the way until you hear a click and "Reading SD card" message displayed on the screen. On/Usage only affect efficacy data not displayed on the screen sleep report if "Usage" selected, not the data stored on the machine or on the card
Post Reply Post Reply
Hi Jporter84,
WELCOME! to the forum.!
Hang in there for more responses to your post and best of luck to you as you continue your CPAP therapy.
trish6hundred
Post Reply Post Reply
Definitely try SleepyHead (SH); I use both SH and ResScan and I MUCH prefer SH.

Also, as soon as I pull the SD card out of my ResMed S9 AutoSet I move the SD Card's "lock" lever to Lock and THEN put it into my laptop. I also COPY ALL the data on the SD Card to my laptop so I cannot lose the data. Then and ONLY then do I open SH and ResScan and import the data. I then properly eject the SD Card from the laptop, unlock the SD Card and put it right back in my APAP, making SURE the screen shows the SD Card is in and "in use".

Sounds like a lot, but after a day or two it is just habit and very easy.
Evpraxia in the Pacific Northwest USA
Diagnosed: 44 AHI when supine, O2 down to 82%
Treated since 20 Sept 2014:: 0.7 AHI, Settings 7-15, EPR on Full Time at Level 3
Better living through CPAP/APAP machines!
Post Reply Post Reply
I have not been able to use SH yet as I erased all my data. But it looks like the only downside to SH is that it cannot directly import from USB. I ordered this option to avoid taking out the SD card. It would be nice if SH could import data from ResScan files directly. That way you could read with USB from ResScan and then use the better SH UI for looking at data after importing it.

Post Reply Post Reply
I have not heard of the usb adapter. Does it get the info from the card or instead of the card? Is it supposed to get the full data? Sorry if these are dumb questions maybe I should research before I ask. It couldn't be as silly as the usb is for compliance only. Have you tried to read the card instead? I move my card back and forth all willy nilly with no problems except me not putting it back in machine.
Good Luck!

Doc J (despite my nickname I am not a doctor)

Remember to donate to the board if you can, it has helped a lot of people including myself.
Post Reply Post Reply
Thanks Doc J. Yes there is a USB adapter for the S9. Part number 36950. I paid $69 for mine. I did not trust myself with the SD card as it takes one forgetful moment to leave it write enabled. I did this a few days before the USB adapter arrived. ResScan 5.1 comes with the USB driver that you have to install. But once you do that, ResScan recognizes S9 as plugged in and you can download the data from there. You can actually view and change the clinical settings as well. My only issue is that I have not been able to download (or read via SD card) the detailed data. Just summary. I am still working on this with helpful suggestions from members here.
But as far as the USB port, I opened it at looked at the circuit boar inside. A lot of it is isolation between the USB and the S9 circuitry which makes sense for critical medical equipment. My concern (other than not getting detailed data) is that there is only one input to the S9. I was planning on attempting the hack posted online to add oximeter to S9. This option is very expensive even with the hack. But it would also mean switching between the USB and oximeter adapters daily.

Post Reply Post Reply
OK I was just looking at the very limited manual for the Resmed usb adapter. I did see one spot that it said you now can download the compliance data. No mention of the detailed data (which from my understanding only exists on the sd card). So unless the s9 is pulling info off the card and sending out the usb adapter (which I don't think it is) I don't think it is made to do what you are trying to make it do.
Good news is you can still download from sd card like the rest of us common folk do. Ha Ha

So maybe that adapter is for DME to download the compliance data from a s9 without full data or card and they can still get it into their program.
Let us know what you figure out.

Also if you wipe out your detailed data or sd card the machine will always rewrite the compliance and usage to the card when put back in s9. All you would lose is the detailed data that was on the card (7 days of detailed data). No harm or worry of the DME or someone not being able to see compliance.
Good Luck!

Doc J (despite my nickname I am not a doctor)

Remember to donate to the board if you can, it has helped a lot of people including myself.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Need help with Airsense 10 AutoSet JonUK 2 187 03-25-2024, 06:11 PM
Last Post: JonUK
  AirFit F30i Mask Problem OldTeacher 22 4,889 03-23-2024, 03:23 PM
Last Post: ButtonNoseBarbie
  [CPAP] ResMed Air Sense 10 Auto Off Problem Buddie43 19 26,482 03-05-2024, 10:50 PM
Last Post: Ailyhsaun
  Are these flow limits my problem? k888 87 5,792 02-26-2024, 12:02 PM
Last Post: k888
  [Treatment] Are leaks the problem or do I need BIPAP? TiredDude 3 371 02-22-2024, 07:52 PM
Last Post: Sleeprider
  OSCAR says: "Resmed Airsense 10 does not record detailed data"! Really? PappaJoe 3 519 02-14-2024, 06:38 PM
Last Post: Crimson Nape
  [CPAP] Is my leak rate a problem? Kevstuf 5 581 02-08-2024, 10:25 AM
Last Post: Kevstuf

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.