Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Problem Getting DreamMapper to Download SD Card Data from Mac OS to DreamMapper Site
Problem Getting DreamMapper to Download SD Card Data from Mac OS to DreamMapper Site
I'm new to the Apnea Board and am seeking some advice on the best software designed for a Mac. OS laptop to use to track my therapy data, doing the upload from the SD card in my Phillips Dream Station CPAP to a website that will upload and show the data. Can anyone in this forum give me advice about which therapy data trackers, aside from Phillips DreamMapper, work best with a Mac OS laptop? I'm looking for software that's intuitive and easy to use and work with. Previously, I was using DreamMapper on my Windows 10 laptop, putting my Dream Station's SD card into my laptop's card reader and having the DreamMapper Data Card Uploader upload the data to the mydreammapper.com website. After switching to a MacBook Pro laptop and installing the Mac version of the Data Card Uploader on my laptop, I'm finding that while the card uploader app sees and recognizes the SD card sitting in my Mac's card reader, it's giving me an error message that it can't upload the data from the card to the mydreammapper.com website. It advises me to either upgrade to the newest data card uploader software, which I'm assuming is what is available at the DreamMapper download site I used to download the data card uploader app, or to contact Phillips tech support. I contacted Phillips tech support both via email and also on their online chat at their site and have had no success with either method. They never responded to my email and, even though the online chat indicates that my wait time for the next available agent is a minute, after waiting for almost a half an hour, I was never connected to an agent. So, I've decided that I'm done with DreamMapper (also because I've read about other people having problems with the app and being unhappy and frustrated with it) and would like to use a different application. At the mydreammapper website, I can generate a report and see the data from previous uploads I did when I was using a Windows 10 laptop. And, I also know that it's not the SD card, itself, since my sleep dr was able to upload all of the data from the SD card to whichever app he uses (and, he printed out those results to go over with me at my appointment with him yesterday, 4/26).  While my Dream Machine has the modem and Bluetooth turned on and I could download the DreamMapper app to my smartphone, I would prefer to use the SD card and my laptop not only because it's more convenient for me but also because I've read reviews in which several people have had no success with this mobile app/wifi/bluetooth configuration. 

I've read about the Sleepy Head app, but would like to get peoples' input and perspectives on it-- for example, does the Mac version of the software really work with a Mac OS, how intuitive is the software, and how easy is it to install and work with on a consistent basis?  I also see in the Sleepy Head tab at this Apnea Board Forum, there's a beta version available for download. Has anyone had any experience with this beta version? And, does it expire once it's out of beta mode, meaning that I would have to pay for a non-beta version?  

Any advice would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks!
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: Problem Getting DreamMapper to Download SD Card Data from Mac OS to DreamMapper Site
Sleepyhead is great it works well on the the Mac. It’s free ithe current version is described as Beta but that was a naming choice of the Author. A link to download is in my signature.
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: Problem Getting DreamMapper to Download SD Card Data from Mac OS to DreamMapper Site
Welcome to the forum rr4terps!! Glad you found us!

Yes SleepyHead is mac friendly and will give you tons of info. I have DreamMapper on my phone which is good for a quick look at just a recap of my nights sleep, but if you really want to see what's going on during the night, SleepyHead is much better with lots more information.

Good luck!
APNEABOARD - A great place to be if you're a hosehead!!  Rolleyes  

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
EVERY ACCOMPLISHMENT BEGINS WITH THE DECISION TO TRY!
Post Reply Post Reply
JasWilliams: Thank you so much for the information on SleepyHead and letting me know that it works well with Mac OS. I'm going to go ahead and download it from the link at this site. Thanks
Post Reply Post Reply
Cate1898: Thank you so much for your reply. I'm really glad I found Apnea Board because it looks like there are a lot of helpful forums at this site.  Thank you also for confirming that SleepyHead is Mac-friendly. Initially, I was just going to stick with a data tracking app on my laptop only, but later wondered if it might make sense to also have a tracking app on my smartphone, whether DreamMapper or another mobile tracking app.  I was sitting on the fence on this.  But after reading your comment about you having DreamMapper on your phone, I've decided that I'll at least try the mobile DreamMapper on my phone for quick looks, but install SleepyHead on my Mac laptop. It sounds like SleepyHead provides a lot more information than DreamMapper, which would be helpful for discussions and further questions during my sleep dr appointments.    

Thanks
Post Reply Post Reply
Cate1868: I downloaded SleepHead to my Mac and it read all of the data off the SD card-- 400 days' worth, which is something that DreamMapper isn't doing. All I can say is Wow! and Awesome! Sleepyhead shows the same detailed information as my sleep doctor showed me on a printout he gave me at my appointment the other day. Unfortunately, no luck with the DreamMapper mobile app, though.  As with trying to transfer the data from the SD card to the website using my laptop, the mobile device with Bluetooth also doesn't display the data from the card, except for the data that I uploaded last year (up until May 22,2017) on my Windows 10 laptop, although it does display the dates from the last time I uploaded data from the card to the website starting from the day after the last data upload last May, 2017, until last night. But, no data is displayed. For some reason, DreamMapper can't process the data from my machine whether via SD card or via Bluetooth, even though SleepyHead can process the SD card. In the "Feed" tab of the mobile DreamMapper app, as with the laptop web connection, it indicates that my data is outdated (ie, from 2017) and tells me to go to the DreamMapper site on my computer and click on a tab at the website named "Learn to Update". Allegedly, that tab has instructions for updating data from the SD card to the website. Well, there is no "Learn to Update" tab at the DreamMapper site, only a "Learn" tab which has either users' guides or videos on everything but updating info from the SD card. And, at the website "Feed" tab where it indicates that my data is outdated and tells me to click on that link to troubleshoot, when you click on that link and then click on the "Bluetooth" link, there are no instructions on how to troubleshoot. Basically, the DreamMapper site is useless. It's been nothing but a frustration for me and too much time spent trying to get this working. So, I uninstalled the DreamMapper mobile app and am done with Phillips because their tech support is non-responsive, something that other people have also complained about.   Do you know of other mobile data tracking apps that connect through Bluetooth and, like DreamMapper, can give just a quick preview of the therapy data that I can quickly check via my smartphone?  I see a SleepyHead mobile app at the PlayStore, but it's by a company named Teik and has a different icon than the one displayed on this website (and a different developer email address).  So, I'm assuming this is a different app and am not going to download it to my phone.

Thanks.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  AirFit F30i Mask Problem OldTeacher 22 4,561 03-23-2024, 03:23 PM
Last Post: ButtonNoseBarbie
  SD Card in AirSense 11 missing data larryh 2 170 03-06-2024, 08:54 PM
Last Post: larryh
  [CPAP] ResMed Air Sense 10 Auto Off Problem Buddie43 19 26,327 03-05-2024, 10:50 PM
Last Post: Ailyhsaun
  Are these flow limits my problem? k888 87 5,465 02-26-2024, 12:02 PM
Last Post: k888
  [Treatment] Are leaks the problem or do I need BIPAP? TiredDude 3 331 02-22-2024, 07:52 PM
Last Post: Sleeprider
  [CPAP] Is my leak rate a problem? Kevstuf 5 550 02-08-2024, 10:25 AM
Last Post: Kevstuf
  [Admin Note] Policy clarification [off-site advice & advice given via Private Message system] SuperSleeper 2 2,787 02-06-2024, 09:00 AM
Last Post: OpalRose

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.