Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Problem leak mirage mask and chinstrap(dry mouth)
Problem leak mirage mask and chinstrap(dry mouth)

Hi there,

1. I'm still having a problem with my resmed mirage FX mask.
The resmed Mirage FX mask I'm using you can hear a positional sizzling and disturbing noise which is annoying my wife and myself.
I installed an o-ring on the following place.

http://i1308.photobucket.com/albums/s607...9b0b7b.png

It's helping a lot but it's not perfect. Does anybody experience a problem like that? Any solution for this leak is welcome.

2. I'm using Puresom ruby adjustable Chinstrap because of mouth breathing and a terrible dry mouth. Problem is 2 stripes on my faces each morning lasting for 3 hours or more, anyone?

Thank you all!

Post Reply Post Reply
RE: Problem leak mirage mask and chinstrap(dry mouth)
(06-08-2013, 05:09 PM)SilverSleeper Wrote: Hi there,

1. I'm still having a problem with my resmed mirage FX mask.
The resmed Mirage FX mask I'm using you can hear a positional sizzling and disturbing noise which is annoying my wife and myself.
I installed an o-ring on the following place.

http://i1308.photobucket.com/albums/s607...9b0b7b.png

It's helping a lot but it's not perfect. Does anybody experience a problem like that? Any solution for this leak is welcome.

2. I'm using Puresom ruby adjustable Chinstrap because of mouth breathing and a terrible dry mouth. Problem is 2 stripes on my faces each morning lasting for 3 hours or more, anyone?

Thank you all!

Instead of Puresom chinstrap I'm using an ACE Bandage, it's helping but feeling hot in the summer right now, and isn't perfect either.

Post Reply Post Reply
Its not uncommon to try several masks to find the right one
I went through half dozen of masks to find a comfortable mask and gives me a good seal

If you cannot keep mouth closed than a full face mask may help, full face mask allows you to breathe through the nose or mouth
Because full face mask have to cover both nose and mouth tend to leak more but at your pressure should not be an issue
Post Reply Post Reply
(06-08-2013, 05:41 PM)zonk Wrote: Its not uncommon to try several masks to find the right one
I went through half dozen of masks to find a comfortable mask and gives me a good seal

If you cannot keep mouth closed than a full face mask may help, full face mask allows you to breathe through the nose or mouth
Because full face mask have to cover both nose and mouth tend to leak more but at your pressure should not be an issue

Hey Zonk, the mask your wearing looks very good. Maybe I should try that one. Is there still a sizzling noise on the rotation or swivel, does the air still blow on the face of your wife/partner? I tried a full face mask but cannot tolerate it.

Thx!
Post Reply Post Reply
(06-08-2013, 05:53 PM)SilverSleeper Wrote: Hey Zonk, the mask your wearing looks very good. Maybe I should try that one. Is there still a sizzling noise on the rotation or swivel, does the air still blow on the face of your wife/partner?

Thx!
No harm in trying but keep in mind whats works for me might not be so good for you or anyone else ... everyone is different

The cushion is very flexible perfect for side sleeping and the vents extremely quiet
Both Activa LT and SoftGel cushions fit on the same frame, I have used both but prefer Activa LT cushion, feels much lighter
http://www.resmed.com/us/products/mirage...s&sec=true

Mask fitting templates http://www.resmed.com/us/assets/html/mas...clinicians

Mask Fitting Guides http://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLA23652FAF5627F3F

Post Reply Post Reply
Here's another happy Activa LT user. I went thru more masks that I can even remember before I finally found this mask - this is the only one I've found where I can control leakage. Agree with Aonk - great for side sleepers,
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Mouth leak with new machine LaraM 0 8 39 minutes ago
Last Post: LaraM
  How do I reduce mouth leaking? meatheadmd 6 359 Yesterday, 01:42 PM
Last Post: Old Codger
  Airsense 10 - AHI account for leak rate? FriedRice 9 234 Yesterday, 06:16 AM
Last Post: FriedRice
  AirSense 10 leak rate baseline issue Phil7 6 1,407 03-25-2024, 05:49 AM
Last Post: FriedRice
  AirFit F30i Mask Problem OldTeacher 22 4,557 03-23-2024, 03:23 PM
Last Post: ButtonNoseBarbie
  Mouth Tape Tradegy PappaJoe 5 309 03-23-2024, 01:49 AM
Last Post: stevew168
  OSCAR flow rate assessment -- mouth leaks, palatal prolapse? manders513 9 227 03-22-2024, 06:16 PM
Last Post: BigWing

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.