Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Machine height and hanger
Machine height and hanger
I did not want to hijack a thread. 

My machine has never been below bed height in 3 years. 

What is the reason it need to be lower than the mattress?

I have also heard others say use a hose hanger.  

What is the reason for this?  

Learning all I can.
Thank you,
Brent aka Factor

Just a Regular guy.
My untreated AHI was 87.  You can do it hang in there.
"You can if you will"   Jerry Kramer

Got OSCAR?
Organize Charts
Optimizing Therapy

My Story
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: Machine height and hanger
It helps in either preventing or eliminating rainout. Having the CPAP lower than your bed and using a hose hanger, to have a portion of the hose above your head, will allow any condensation that forms to fall back to the CPAP and not into your mask.
Crimson Nape
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com
Attaching Images and Files on Apnea Board
Apnea Helpful Tips

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
Ah ok. Thanks. Never had rainout. Rarely use humidifier.

That explains it.
Thank you,
Brent aka Factor

Just a Regular guy.

Got OSCAR?
Organize Charts
Optimizing Therapy

My Story
Post Reply Post Reply
When I first started CPAP therapy, for the first couple of weeks, the hose simply lay on top of me. That was a real PITA, trying to manage how it lay and not get an arm caught up in the hose.

I then fabricated my own hose holder, which sits atop of our bed's headboard. The machine itself, sits on top of a file cabinet alongside my side of the bed. The top of the cabinet is the same height as that of our top mattress. 

The hose runs uphill at a steep incline and then to my hose holder. I use a couple of small lightweight bungies to support the hose. The hose then falls straight to me and my mask. 

This was the single BEST thing I did to improve the overall comfort of using a CPAP. Once you try a hose hanger / holder, you'll never go back to not using one. 

When the hose runs uphill, you will not experience any rain-out.  like
Post Reply Post Reply
Thanks Big Guy.

What makes you say it the best thing you have done. Is mostly due to preventing rainout, hose noise, and hose position?
Thank you,
Brent aka Factor

Just a Regular guy.

Got OSCAR?
Organize Charts
Optimizing Therapy

My Story
Post Reply Post Reply
I also use a hose hanger.  For me, it was just a matter of no longer doing battle with the hose.

Due to hip pain, I turn often... left to right, right to left, repeat. Sad  The hose didn't always want to follow my movements.
With the hanger, it routes up from the Cpap and down to my mask.  It moves easily with me when I turn over.
OpalRose
Apnea Board Administrator
www.apneaboard.com

Soft Cervical Collar
Optimizing therapy
OSCAR supported machines
Mask Primer

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE.  ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA.  INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
I'm a side sleeper. With the hose hanger, you no longer have to worry about getting tangled up in the hose. I use a ResMed F30 FFM. 

I also use a hose cover, and that makes the hose literally silent if it should bump or rub against something. 

Lots of tricks to improve your CPAP experience. The hose hanger and cover are some of the best.  Cool
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
Exclaimation CPAP Machine Choices - read this before you accept a new machine SuperSleeper 283 262,211 11-10-2023, 10:24 AM
Last Post: robbob2112
  machine died! Now new doctor and new machine Bjazzman 17 6,799 09-05-2022, 09:07 PM
Last Post: NValtman11
  Flow limitations correlated to pillow height CorruptAlligator 0 596 08-19-2022, 07:27 AM
Last Post: CorruptAlligator
  [Equipment] Ceiling mount hose hanger support? aolamid 11 1,366 06-08-2022, 11:46 AM
Last Post: Homerec130
  [CPAP] Using SoClean Machine with CPAP Machine ronald1810 4 1,321 06-01-2022, 10:18 PM
Last Post: Sleepster
  C stand as hose hanger aolamid 4 1,181 03-15-2022, 07:26 PM
Last Post: brasshopper
Question [Equipment] Hose Buddy (Hose Hanger) Neojettero 20 2,773 05-07-2019, 01:37 PM
Last Post: sptrout

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.