Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Problem with AHI
Problem with AHI
Hello. I just started on my cpap therapy. My therapy is set to 14 cm. First night my ahi was 9.5 and second night it is 15.5. First night i started out at 6cm and it gradually got to 14cm in 30 minutes. The second night i started out at 7cm and got to 14cm in 20 minutes to see if i coukd get my ahi down from 9.5 to 5, but instead it went up. Does anyone know how i can get it to lower? Thank ya
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: Problem with AHI
Hi welcome to ApneaBoard, take a look at my signature and download OSCAR and post a daily graph or two.

I hope we can then help you get your numbers better, but with out the detail of the AHI breakdown we cannot provide advice its not just about pressure
Post Reply Post Reply
Welcome to the forum.

Here at AB we are very good at helping CPAP users with all sorts of problems.  We do best with data.  The best data comes from OSCAR (link at the top of the page.)  It's best to post the most useful charts so see the Organization links in my signature.

The first question is what kinds of events are happening?  What is causing your events to occur?  How frequent and how consistent are your Flow Limitations?    What is causing your pressure to increase?  What are your settings?  What is your EPR/Flex?  What kind of leaks are occurring?  what is the leak rate?  Is your chin tucking?  

These are all details that we see with the OSCAR charts which is why we ask for them.

Guessing, assuming that ALL your events are obstructive, increase your min and maybe your max pressures and increase your EPR, that is unless you have a number of centrals and then we would need to do the opposite.  If you have both it becomes a balancing act.
Post Reply Post Reply
Hello and welcome! In addition to providing an Oscar chart, could you also fill out your profile with your mask and machine information? That will help everyone have the full picture.

Let us know if you have any questions about Oscar. We’d be happy to help.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  AirFit F30i Mask Problem OldTeacher 22 4,557 03-23-2024, 03:23 PM
Last Post: ButtonNoseBarbie
  [CPAP] ResMed Air Sense 10 Auto Off Problem Buddie43 19 26,326 03-05-2024, 10:50 PM
Last Post: Ailyhsaun
  Are these flow limits my problem? k888 87 5,462 02-26-2024, 12:02 PM
Last Post: k888
  [Treatment] Are leaks the problem or do I need BIPAP? TiredDude 3 331 02-22-2024, 07:52 PM
Last Post: Sleeprider
  [CPAP] Is my leak rate a problem? Kevstuf 5 549 02-08-2024, 10:25 AM
Last Post: Kevstuf
  If nasal congestion is a problem, will this show in my AHI? canigetawitness1992 4 390 01-29-2024, 09:20 PM
Last Post: RNeil
  [Equipment] ResMed S9 Elite CPAP – Climate hose problem drewb6111 2 228 01-28-2024, 08:24 PM
Last Post: drewb6111

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.