Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Problem with DreamWear Mask
Problem with DreamWear Mask
I'm currently using the P10 mask and trying to switch to the DreamWear however it feels like I'm not getting enough air. I switched my machine from pillow to Nasal but that does not have any effect. I'm using a medium mask and cushion mask but I give up and switch back to the P10. Any suggestions?
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: Problem with DreamWear Mask
Judy1843 - The DreamWear is a pillow type of mask. A nasal mask looks like a mini version of a FFM but only completely covers the nose.

If your feeling of air starvation is immediate then I'd bump the starting pressure to 8 and see how you feel. You can always play with the pressure prior to bedtime to see if you can breathe better. What does SleepyHead show?
Crimson Nape
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com
Attaching Images and Files on Apnea Board
Apnea Helpful Tips

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
Nasal is the correct setting for the Dreamwear from what I learned from asking other members since it has no pillows. I too found this issue initially until I calmed myself down and realized I was hyperventilating a bit. After that I was fine at the same pressures as the P10 but everyone is different and raising the min pressure might be your solution. I think I read somewhere that some folks had custom cut the opening in the cushion to make it slightly larger but can't recall now where I read that. A forum search will likely find it. You can try going up a size on the cushion but that could compromise the comfort and seal (too big).
Coffee

Happy Pappin'
Never Give In, Never Give Up

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. 
Post Reply Post Reply
Thank you! I agree with you that I need to calm down and will also try upon my pressure a little tonight! We are using the same mask and I really like the P10 but would also like the DreamWear if I could just relax!
Post Reply Post Reply
Hopefully that worked for you!
Coffee

Happy Pappin'
Never Give In, Never Give Up

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. 
Post Reply Post Reply
When I first used the Dreamwear I had it cinched too tightly up against my nose. By moving the top silicone strap a bit forward on my head the nasal piece fitted in a much looser fashion and the problem was solved. You don't want the nose piece too tight, give a bit of room to expand and things will work very well.

Hope this helps.
Post Reply Post Reply
i need help about DreamWear Mask
i have to keep my mouth closed or the air will return from my nose through my mouth out with fast flow with loudly sound which wake me up at night several time
i have no control to my mouth while i am sleeping
thank you
Post Reply Post Reply
السلام عليكم

One solution is to use a chin strap to train the mouth to stay closed.

Admin Note:
JustMongo passed away in August 2017
Click HERE to read his Memorial Thread

~ Rest in Peace ~
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  AirFit F30i Mask Problem OldTeacher 22 4,584 03-23-2024, 03:23 PM
Last Post: ButtonNoseBarbie
  [CPAP] ResMed Air Sense 10 Auto Off Problem Buddie43 19 26,352 03-05-2024, 10:50 PM
Last Post: Ailyhsaun
  Are these flow limits my problem? k888 87 5,477 02-26-2024, 12:02 PM
Last Post: k888
  Dreamwear frame sizing ahuman 3 296 02-23-2024, 05:21 PM
Last Post: Nightynite
  [Treatment] Are leaks the problem or do I need BIPAP? TiredDude 3 333 02-22-2024, 07:52 PM
Last Post: Sleeprider
  Dreamwear Philips Respironics mask altrout 12 789 02-12-2024, 03:04 PM
Last Post: tbhausen
  [CPAP] Is my leak rate a problem? Kevstuf 5 552 02-08-2024, 10:25 AM
Last Post: Kevstuf

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.