Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Problem with Mirage FX
Problem with Mirage FX
Has anyone had problems with this mask in which the airvents pop out?

Just to explain more carefully: if you look closely at the air vents you will see they consist of small rectangular plastic sections with 4 vent holes in each. On two seperate masks I have had these rectangular sections break out of their position creating a significant leak. On both occasions this has occurred while I was asleep with the mask seemingly functioning perfectly when I went to bed. Basically I have been woken during the night to the sound of an air leak and then discovered the problem when I have inspected the mask closely in the morning. I have no idea what has happened during my sleep to have caused this fault.

I would be interested to hear if anyone else has experienced this fault.
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: Problem with Mirage FX
Bump2

Make sure the elbow is fully inserted into the cushion by pressing the tabs on the sides (as shown in the video)
If you like this mask, you might like F&P Zest nasal mask which is quite similar
Mirage FX nasal mask: http://www.resmedmiragefx.com/miragefx/en/fitting.html

F&P Zest nasal mask: http://www.fphcare.com.au/products/zest-nasal-masks/

Post Reply Post Reply
Hi BlueDevil, WELCOME! to the forum.!
I don't use that particular mask but hang in there for more responses to your post.
Best of luck to you.
trish6hundred
Post Reply Post Reply
(03-12-2013, 01:54 AM)BlueDevil Wrote: Has anyone had problems with this mask in which the airvents pop out?

I would be interested to hear if anyone else has experienced this fault.

I use a different mask, but it still is a ResMed "Mirage" model.
The annoying thing is of course, I had no idea what the problem was.
I examined practically everything ELSE until I came up with the problem. Luckily I plugged it back in and everything was fine. I've only had this problem once.
Post Reply Post Reply
Thanks for your replies so far.

I need to point out that this is not an issue with the elbow, it is the actual rectangular air outlet tabs. Once they have popped out they can't be properly replaced in position. The tabs are actually broken, not just out of place. The mask is therefore unusable.

I just attempted to post a photo that I took to illustrate exactly what the issue is but got a message saying that I can't post photos until I have at least 8 posts (which is sort of unfortunate because I would have had that many posts on the previous website, but not on the revamped one).

Without the photo I don't think it will be clear to most people exactly what the problem is.
Post Reply Post Reply
Go see your Doc Or better still if you have a sleep center near bye

sure you will get helped out
Post Reply Post Reply
(03-18-2013, 04:17 PM)BlueDevil Wrote: I need to point out that this is not an issue with the elbow, it is the actual rectangular air outlet tabs. Once they have popped out they can't be properly replaced in position. The tabs are actually broken, not just out of place. The mask is therefore unusable.

Without the photo I don't think it will be clear to most people exactly what the problem is.

Sorry to hear all this. You might need to replace the whole mask.
It's possible you can get just the frame replaced. Part numbers I found are:

61724 (S) navy
61725 (M) navy
61726 (L) navy

As with all masks, sadly they're not built to last.
They're built to be USED.
But ask your DME. It might actually be cheaper to get a new mask.
Post Reply Post Reply
Thanks Ugly. I did get a new mask, or actually just the cushion part of it since everything else is fine.

The defective mask has been returned to see if they will replace it under warranty, although it is past the 3 month warranty period. This is the second time this has happened to me and they did replace the first one free of charge. It seems strange that this has happened to me twice now and yet no one else on this forum seems to have had the same problem.

Unfortunately in Australia we get ripped off bigtime on prices of many things. The replacement mask cost me $90 whereas the same thing is available on Amazon for around $27 (but they won't ship to Australia). If the company do come good with a replacement under warranty then it will mean that I have a spare which I figure is essential in case this happens again, particularly on a weekend or when travelling in an area where a replacement isn't readily available.
Post Reply Post Reply
(03-18-2013, 06:06 PM)BlueDevil Wrote: Unfortunately in Australia we get ripped off bigtime on prices of many things. The replacement mask cost me $90 whereas the same thing is available on Amazon for around $27 (but they won't ship to Australia).
Supplier #2 and Supplier #10 ship to Australia ... (Supplier #10 stock masks parts and other accessories)
http://www.apneaboard.com/forums/Thread-...plier-List

Welcome to the new forum, maybe SS can add your post count from the old forum
Edit: You might recognize this thread: http://www.apneaboard.com/forums/Thread-...he-tropics

Post Reply Post Reply
Thanks for the tip on suppliers Zonk, that will come in really handy.

Thanks

Thanks for reminding me about that old thread on humidifiers, I had forgotten about it! As it happens I was fine without the humidifier in the Philippines and haven't used it since. One less hassle to deal with each day.

Cheers

Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  AirFit F30i Mask Problem OldTeacher 22 4,583 03-23-2024, 03:23 PM
Last Post: ButtonNoseBarbie
  [CPAP] ResMed Air Sense 10 Auto Off Problem Buddie43 19 26,352 03-05-2024, 10:50 PM
Last Post: Ailyhsaun
  Are these flow limits my problem? k888 87 5,475 02-26-2024, 12:02 PM
Last Post: k888
  [Treatment] Are leaks the problem or do I need BIPAP? TiredDude 3 333 02-22-2024, 07:52 PM
Last Post: Sleeprider
  [CPAP] Is my leak rate a problem? Kevstuf 5 552 02-08-2024, 10:25 AM
Last Post: Kevstuf
  If nasal congestion is a problem, will this show in my AHI? canigetawitness1992 4 393 01-29-2024, 09:20 PM
Last Post: RNeil
  [Equipment] ResMed S9 Elite CPAP – Climate hose problem drewb6111 2 230 01-28-2024, 08:24 PM
Last Post: drewb6111

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.