Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Finally Got My Backup!!
Finally Got My Backup!!
After a year of searching and missing some deals, I finally have my backup machine! So, I now have a low-hour Resmed S9 Auto to go with my Airsense for Her as a backup. Yay! So now when I go somewhere, I can take my backup machine and not worry so much about forgetting it at my relative's house. My Mom will be getting a machine, so this is a backup for her too.

Do you need a backup? Depends on how long you can go without a machine. If you have a Resmed or Respironics machine, they rarely have problems. I would say Devilbliss is another one, given their 5 year warranty. On the other hand, if you have severe apnea, you might not be able to go one night without a machine.
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: Finally Got My Backup!!
Hi Mosquitobait,
It's great to hear that you were finally able to get a backup machine.
I have a backup S9AutoSet for Her machine so that if I travel anywhere, I can just take it.
trish6hundred
Post Reply Post Reply
It's nice to have a contingency plan. I have both a PRS1 auto BiPAP and Auto CPAP as backups. I think that may be overkill, and will sell one.
Sleeprider
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Organize your OSCAR Charts
Attaching Files
Mask Primer
How To Deal With Equipment Supplier

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
(06-16-2016, 09:18 AM)Sleeprider Wrote: It's nice to have a contingency plan. I have both a PRS1 auto BiPAP and Auto CPAP as backups. I think that may be overkill, and will sell one.

Yah, backup for the backup. Smile I don't suppose the cpap is that useful to you when you have to use a bipap. My bro kept his older bipap in case his current one fails, but honestly, I don't think it has the right pressures and needs repair. On the other hand, he used his prior machine without a backup for 8 years with no problems. . . . I think we overthink these things.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Finally had a PSG instead of a PG and the result shocked me mugen4u 44 2,853 03-16-2024, 11:49 AM
Last Post: mugen4u
Cool New Backup Machine doesn't have menu options mcse350 2 186 02-28-2024, 03:38 PM
Last Post: mcse350
  battery backup recommendations as10/as11 eok361 44 3,984 01-28-2024, 11:40 PM
Last Post: robbob2112
  Interference from battery charger in DC battery backup setup? Daxvex 3 235 01-22-2024, 11:59 AM
Last Post: Daxvex
  [Equipment] Portable Backup Power for Outages Craige 4 544 10-29-2023, 05:33 PM
Last Post: Craige
  My battery backup setup GeoffD 323 87,427 10-16-2023, 07:07 PM
Last Post: Hintertux
  UPS Battery Backup for CPAP in case of power outage puterwiz82 3 1,634 09-04-2023, 10:35 AM
Last Post: Br1sleep

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.