Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Problem with PR ONE card
Problem with PR ONE card
I am not sure whether i got the slide on the SD CARD of my PR ONE Auto CPAP on the right position (unlock). If I have mistaken and left it on the "lock" side, will the device warn me that it is not writing any data on the card? And if yes, is the data stored in the device so that I can download my data?

My problem is that I try to download the data to my PC and SD card is not readable at all Sad
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: Problem with PR ONE card
I don,t use PRS1 but if put the card in locked position in my S9 .... the S9 would not accept the card and tell me to remove the card and unlock

the machine store the data and when the card inserted would write the data on the card but for detailed data with graph ... the card have to be in the machine while sleeping

turn the machine upside down bottom (remove the water tank first if using humidifier) and look at the label ...what does say ... 550 or 560

what software are you using?

Post Reply Post Reply
(11-09-2012, 04:34 AM)geopal Wrote: My problem is that I try to download the data to my PC and SD card is not readable at all Sad

The position of the lock slider will not effect whether the card is readable. It only affects the write-ability. If your CPAP machine had not been writing data to the card, I would not expect your PC to say that the card is "unreadable", just that there was no data to read.

The PRS1 doesn't tell you if your card is locked when you put it in the slot; however, you can go to Info/Status in the menus and it will tell you there.

With regard to the SD card slider, the position closest to the edge of the card with the electrical contacts is "unlocked" and the position away from that end is "locked".
Post Reply Post Reply
geopal and sarah
Welcome
[Image: SD_memory-lock.jpg]
Card Locking Feature
On most SD memory cards, there is a sliding "lock" on the left side of the card. When moved downward to the "lock" position, data can be read from the card, but new data cannot be written to the card. When moved up to the "unlocked" position, data can be either read or written to the card. When used in conjunction with a data-recording CPAP machine, it is important to make certain that the SD card remains in the "unlocked" position so the machine can record patient data to the memory card.
http://www.apneaboard.com/wiki/index.php?title=Sd_card
Post Reply Post Reply
Hi geopal and sarah,
WELCOME! (both of you,) to the forum.!
Best of luck to you both with your CPAP therapy.
trish6hundred
Post Reply Post Reply
Just in case you didn't realize it, you need a software program to view the data. You just can't open it from the card. Your profile doesn't say which machine you have but you say in the first post you have a PRS1. In that case, you can use SleepyHead (but will need a patch if yours is a x60 model) or the Encore software.
PaulaO

Take a deep breath and count to zen.

Post Reply Post Reply
Thanks for your replies. Of course I'm using the ENCORE software to read my card (lol), however last time I removed to download data, i dont remember when I put it back if i had changed the lock position of the card. So my question is, IF i inserted the card in the lock position, so that the device could not write on it, would it still store the data in the device or is my data lost?
Post Reply Post Reply
(11-10-2012, 05:13 AM)geopal Wrote: So my question is, IF i inserted the card in the lock position, so that the device could not write on it, would it still store the data in the device or is my data lost?
Yes data would be stored in the device but flow data written directly on the card and cannot be recovered if the card is left out accidentally or inserted in locked position. next time unlock the card and insert into the machine ... see what data the machine write on the card
Post Reply Post Reply
EncoreViewer does not work with the new Series 60 machines.
Post Reply Post Reply
(11-10-2012, 05:13 AM)geopal Wrote: Thanks for your replies. Of course I'm using the ENCORE software to read my card (lol),

Which Encore are you using?

What's the model number of your machine?

People are asking these questions because we need the information to be able to answer your questions.

Please take the time to enter this information into your profile as it will help us help you.

If you slept with the data card removed, or in the locked position, some data will be lost.
Sleepster

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  AirFit F30i Mask Problem OldTeacher 22 4,945 03-23-2024, 03:23 PM
Last Post: ButtonNoseBarbie
  [CPAP] ResMed Air Sense 10 Auto Off Problem Buddie43 19 26,514 03-05-2024, 10:50 PM
Last Post: Ailyhsaun
  Are these flow limits my problem? k888 87 5,868 02-26-2024, 12:02 PM
Last Post: k888
  [Treatment] Are leaks the problem or do I need BIPAP? TiredDude 3 377 02-22-2024, 07:52 PM
Last Post: Sleeprider
  [CPAP] Is my leak rate a problem? Kevstuf 5 591 02-08-2024, 10:25 AM
Last Post: Kevstuf
  If nasal congestion is a problem, will this show in my AHI? canigetawitness1992 4 431 01-29-2024, 09:20 PM
Last Post: RNeil
  [Equipment] ResMed S9 Elite CPAP – Climate hose problem drewb6111 2 260 01-28-2024, 08:24 PM
Last Post: drewb6111

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.