Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Problem with ReScan after installation
RE: Problem with ReScan after installation. (Moved to Main Forum)
(11-06-2012, 01:20 AM)Julius Wrote:
(11-05-2012, 10:56 PM)PaulaO2 Wrote: I Googled that error message and the results were way over my head. It is a stack error related to C++.

Did you only try to install it on the XP machine?

Did you download it again and install from the new copy?

Hi Paula,
Thank you for your response, yes I tried to install it only on my Desktop XP machine. And yes I downloaded it twice. I do not even want to try it on my Laptop with Windows 7 and screw it up.
I can not figure out what is going on since I tried both the 3.6 and 4.1 versions and had the same problem with both.
Julius, I have run version 3.6 on Vista with no issues and recently installed it on a new laptop running Windows 7. Works like a champ.

Suz

Post Reply Post Reply
Julius, I have run version 3.6 on Vista with no issues and recently installed it on a new laptop running Windows 7. Works like a champ.

Suz

[/quote]

Suz, I have also installed it on my Laptop with Windows 7 and it is working fine, but I tried both of my Desktop machines on which I have Windows XP and have the same problem on both.
It is supposed to be compatible with Windows XP but certainly does not look that it is.

Julius
Post Reply Post Reply
(11-07-2012, 02:25 AM)zonk Wrote:
(11-06-2012, 07:12 PM)Julius Wrote: BTW I am definitely planning to purchase the S9 Autoset with the climate control option. Just have to wait a bit since it does not fit into my this month's budget.
check Supplier #2
New Factory Sealed S9 Autoset with humidifier, both slim line and climate line included $749.00
also they have gently used machines about $200 less for the same S9 package

Zonk,
Special thanks to you for your recommendation of Supplier #2 for the purchase of my Resmed S9 Autoset with the Climateline. It saved me a bundle of money. I just received it today and it is already setup to go for tonight.
Beautiful machine with excellent features and very easy to set up all the parameters I want to use. I already tried it with my mask and I just could not believe the difference compared to my REMstar Pro System One Auto IQ, there is no noise inside in my mask with the same pressure I used in the REMstar. I hope it will live up to my expectations.
Anxious to see the results within the next few weeks.
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: Problem with ReScan after installation
congrats on your new machine. secondwind is a good reliable source, usually get some stuff sent down under fairly quickly

Here is "ResScan report interpretation guide' would help as you start using ResScan
[Image: attachment.php?aid=12]
http://www.apneaboard.com/ResScan_Interp...-Guide.pdf
Post Reply Post Reply
Hi Julius, CONGRATULATIONS! on your new machine, I hope you like it, I sure like mine very much.
trish6hundred
Post Reply Post Reply
(11-05-2012, 10:56 PM)PaulaO2 Wrote: I Googled that error message and the results were way over my head. It is a stack error related to C++.

Did you only try to install it on the XP machine?

Did you download it again and install from the new copy?

As a student of Murphology (Murphy's and related laws) I realize that if a program can screw up, it will happen on my machine.
HOWEVER, even I got ResScan to run under a Windoze 7 environement. It really does work. Don't give up.
Post Reply Post Reply
(11-16-2012, 10:04 PM)trish6hundred Wrote: Hi Julius, CONGRATULATIONS! on your new machine, I hope you like it, I sure like mine very much.

With snot magnets? (Nasal pillows) - To each their own Big Grin
I didn't even have to spend the night - just try them for two minutes.
Seriously though, the S9 is a cool machine.
Yeah yeah you could respond how can I sleep with something blowing in my face all night? Well I'll tell ya. Compared to having people yell at you all day, it doesn't feel much different. And the mask is quieter.
Post Reply Post Reply
(11-16-2012, 07:48 PM)zonk Wrote: congrats on your new machine. secondwind is a good reliable source, usually get some stuff sent down under fairly quickly

Here is "ResScan report interpretation guide' would help as you start using ResScan

(11-16-2012, 10:04 PM)trish6hundred Wrote: Hi Julius, CONGRATULATIONS! on your new machine, I hope you like it, I sure like mine very much.

Thank you Zonk for the interpretation guide, I downloaded it and saved it.

Trish you are such a wonderful person, thanks for you kind responses.

It sure looks like I will like this machine, my last night sleep was an unexpected good experience. I simply can not hear the breathing in my full face mask which was quite audible on the other machines.
It seems like this machine also has an excellent algorithm and responds to the events real quickly and real well. I am still experimenting with the settings and the ranges but for the first night (with a major mask leak a had accidentally) I had an AHI of 2.8 which is a lot better than I got with my other 2 machines in the Auto mode, they were around 4-5.
I am pretty sure I will be able to bring it down to 2 and maybe even under 2 when I figured out everything to have the best setup.
On the REMstar Pro Auto IQ machine I got the best results in the CPAP mode and pressure 10 where my weekly average AHI was under 2.
However I like the Auto mode and the Climate control very much on this machine where I can control the temperature and the humidification control is automatic.
Post Reply Post Reply
Hi Julius, Thanks for your compliments. AS far as your machine goes, you'll get it set up to your liking, it just takes time. Best of luck.
trish6hundred
Post Reply Post Reply
(11-18-2012, 10:08 PM)trish6hundred Wrote: Hi Julius, Thanks for your compliments. AS far as your machine goes, you'll get it set up to your liking, it just takes time. Best of luck.

Hi Trish, I just inceased the high end of my range from 9-12 to 9-15 and the last 2 night my AHI was 1.02 and 1.2 respectively.
I noticed on the graph after the first night when I had some OSA the machine topped out at 12 and it should have gone higher to minimize the obstruction. I noticed now that sometimes the pressure goes up to 13.5 to to correct for the obstruction. My average pressure is around 10.
So so far all is well and I am very happy with the machine.
Best Regards,
Julius
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  AirFit F30i Mask Problem OldTeacher 22 4,567 03-23-2024, 03:23 PM
Last Post: ButtonNoseBarbie
  [CPAP] ResMed Air Sense 10 Auto Off Problem Buddie43 19 26,331 03-05-2024, 10:50 PM
Last Post: Ailyhsaun
  Are these flow limits my problem? k888 87 5,469 02-26-2024, 12:02 PM
Last Post: k888
  [Treatment] Are leaks the problem or do I need BIPAP? TiredDude 3 333 02-22-2024, 07:52 PM
Last Post: Sleeprider
  [CPAP] Is my leak rate a problem? Kevstuf 5 550 02-08-2024, 10:25 AM
Last Post: Kevstuf
  If nasal congestion is a problem, will this show in my AHI? canigetawitness1992 4 391 01-29-2024, 09:20 PM
Last Post: RNeil
  [Equipment] ResMed S9 Elite CPAP – Climate hose problem drewb6111 2 228 01-28-2024, 08:24 PM
Last Post: drewb6111

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.