Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Problem with ResMed AirSense 10 Autoset
Problem with ResMed AirSense 10 Autoset
New member here. Have encountered a problem with my ResMed AirSense 10 Autoset and hoping someone has encountered same sitch and can provide some insight/help. Am currently on vacation out of state for the week and machine has inexplicably bumped pressure way above setting, so high that I cannot use. Have had machine about 18 months. Possibly related (although don't know why it would be) is that at home I use a SoClean and when disconnecting the two during trip packing I replaced SoClean humidifier reservoir top with original top but forgot to swap the seal. Consequently, reservoir had no seal and machine wouldn't work at all. I then rolled paper towells and used to create seal, which worked (amazingly). Machine then worked normally for one night, but at some point the following night started it's extremely high pressure malfunctioning. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Very tired. Thanks.
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: Problem with ResMed AirSense 10 Autoset
If it got into the machine anything cloud have happened.
If you are lucky you might be able to go into the clinicians menu and reset the pressures.
Press and hold the bottom long button and round knob together for a few seconds and go into settings.
Try to adjust it to the correct settings, if it either say it is at the correct settings or it will not adjust it will maybe need a repair.
Press home to come out of the menu.
If you are very lucky it might start working when it dries out, but.............................!
I am NOT a doctor.  I try to help, but do not take what I say as medical advice.

Every journey, however large or small starts with the first step.

Sleep-well
Post Reply Post Reply
There's also unplug and plug back in the machine to reset.
Download SleepyHead
Organize your Sleepyhead Charts
Posting Charts
Beginner's Guide to SleepyHead
Mask Primer
Advisory Members serve as an "Advisory Committee" to help shape Apnea Board's rules & policies.

Membership in the Advisory Members group does not imply medical expertise or qualification for advising Sleep Apnea patients concerning their treatment.

Post Reply Post Reply
Yes, you could try unplugging it, but if you are away the chances are you are travelling, but maybe in one place
Try the unplug first.

Welcome to the Apneaboard.
I am NOT a doctor.  I try to help, but do not take what I say as medical advice.

Sleep-well
Post Reply Post Reply
Thanks for the suggestions. Checked pressure, says 11, which is correct setting. Have set up appointment DME supplier when I get back home. Appreciate the input.
Post Reply Post Reply
If you are using it on CPAP, try it on Auto and set it to 8 and 16max.
Up to you if you use EPR or not.  Worth a try.

Sleep-well
Post Reply Post Reply
My best guess is you have an uncontrolled leak at the humidifier and the machine is working overtime trying to compensate. Call a local DME where you are vacationing and get a new humidifier chamber. It will be very inexpensive and will fix your problem.

When you get back home, ditch the Soclean. Kinda worthless.
Sleeprider
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Organize your OSCAR Charts
Attaching Files
Mask Primer
How To Deal With Equipment Supplier

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
I agree with Sleeprider. The A10 is notorious for raising the pressure beyond the set limits when faced with excessive moisture such as a rainout situation or abnormal leakage from the humidifier seal which it senses most likely as a rainout condition. If there is no DME nearby you might post your location and there might be a forum member near you who has an extra to loan you.
Coffee

Happy Pappin'
Never Give In, Never Give Up

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. 
Post Reply Post Reply
(04-17-2018, 04:43 PM)Sleeprider Wrote: When you get back home, ditch the Soclean.  Kinda worthless.
I like Dave's term better...  Fauxclean Too-funny
-- Rich
Links to Download OSCAR here
OSCAR Installation and Setup

Using Attachments to Post Images on Apnea Board

INFORMATION ON FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.

Post Reply Post Reply
(04-17-2018, 04:36 PM)Sleep2Snore Wrote: If you are using it on CPAP, try it on Auto and set it to 8 and 16max.
Up to you if you use EPR or not.  Worth a try.

Will give that a try. Thanks.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  From DreamStation to AirSense 10 or AirSense 11 xaid 5 455 7 hours ago
Last Post: xaid
  [Equipment] ResMed AirSense 11 compatible pulse oximeters timtaller 63 24,889 03-16-2024, 11:27 AM
Last Post: e727147
  ResMed S9 AutoSet and OSCAR - Help Appreciated Slippy 12 405 03-16-2024, 08:56 AM
Last Post: Slippy
Angry ResMed AirSense 10 Burn Smell bsullivan 67 25,310 03-10-2024, 06:54 PM
Last Post: mikekowalski
  What happens when SD card fills? - Resmed Airsense 10 Craigtech 1 178 03-10-2024, 04:12 PM
Last Post: stevew168
  Switching from Dreamstation 1 to AirSense II autoset jed3 0 91 03-08-2024, 03:36 PM
Last Post: jed3
  Setting time and date on Resmed Airsense 10 cmadon 42 32,003 03-08-2024, 09:13 AM
Last Post: Sleeprider

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.