Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Problem with ResScan
Problem with ResScan
I have been using a APAP for a few years now and it is working great for me. I recently downloaded a copy of ResScan so I could view my data. The problem arose when I realized I could view my data anytime I want. I now have a compulsive disorder where I have to download it every morning to see if anything has changed. It is an awesome program but I hate it.
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: Problem with ResScan
That's a common obsession when first discovering the software and all of its glorious features but that normally loses its allure in time. Then you will be able to get along by merely looking at the S9 reading for AHI and your own assessment of how you feel.

How you feel is a highly weighted factor in this therapy and so long as the AHI is reasonably low, it's best to not fret over daily variations.

I once heard about a kid who got a new tach installed on his dash and paid so much attention to it that he ran into a parked car. Big Grin

Dude
Post Reply Post Reply
Did they cancel your insurance? Smile
Using FlashAir W-03 SD card in machine. You can download your data through wifi with FlashPAP or Sleep Master utilities.

I wanted to learn Binary so I enrolled in Binary 101. I seemed to have missed the first four courses. Big Grinnie

Stick it to the man, Download OSCAR and take back control of your data!

Thanks Ian. Like I didn't have enough Honey-Do projects to tackle. Mornincoffee
Post Reply Post Reply
(07-29-2016, 09:47 PM)HL649 Wrote: I have been using a APAP for a few years now and it is working great for me. I recently downloaded a copy of ResScan so I could view my data. The problem arose when I realized I could view my data anytime I want. I now have a compulsive disorder where I have to download it every morning to see if anything has changed. It is an awesome program but I hate it.

As I see it, this is a three-stage disease.

(1) It starts with a fear of missing a clinically significant event that should be communicated to your physician.
(2) It proceeds to the fear of corrupting continuous data input to miss a trend.
(3) And, then it becomes habitualized and you start to treat yourself as a research project. (Nothing wrong with that as long as you do not go OCD -- believing you must perform the ritual to prevent adverse consequences.)

Until one day your machine crashes, you lose everything, and you realize you really didn't need all that historical data and even if you presented it to your doctor, they would not look at it because you are not a research study.

It is all a matter of how you feel, function, and perform. As long as the AHI is under 5 and you feel fine, all is good.

When I was supporting a medical research study, my mentor noted my fascination with data and explained to me that you do not treat the machine, you treat the patient. He then demonstrated PEA -- Pulseless Electrical Activity that could produce a great-looking EKG waveform, but the heart was not effectively pumping blood.

That being said, periodic vigilance is a good idea. I noticed a run of Cheyne-Stokes Respiration, spoke to my doctor. A BNP blood test revealed I was retaining fluid and I was given a diuretic. Now feeling better and the vigilance paid off.

Good luck.
"The object in life is not to be on the side of the majority, but to escape finding oneself in the ranks of the insane." -- Marcus Aurelius
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  ResScan 7 help! [password issues] DakotaNorth 2 231 03-26-2024, 12:42 PM
Last Post: SuperSleeper
  There's 1.5 years of data in my OSCAR, but now there's a problem Snackers 8 336 03-19-2024, 03:36 AM
Last Post: Snackers
  Cannot import data from ResMed Astral 150 to ResScan or OSCAR BreatheEZ 8 2,499 03-16-2024, 10:18 PM
Last Post: PappaJoe
  problem downloading OSCAR SOFTWARE Bailey104 1 159 03-15-2024, 05:49 PM
Last Post: Crimson Nape
  Does ResScan delete detailed logs/records from the SD card after downloading them? Determinism 5 231 03-15-2024, 05:40 AM
Last Post: srlevine1
  ResScan 7.1 nawolfor 2 465 02-26-2024, 10:29 PM
  NOTICE: ResScan 7.1 Software now available [for ResMed machines only] SuperSleeper 0 611 02-26-2024, 10:27 PM

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.