Mask Type: Full face mask
Mask Make & Model: F&P Simplus
Humidifier: Integral
CPAP Pressure: 8 to 14
CPAP Software: SleepyHead Other Software

Other Comments: 17 years of CPAP + supp. oxygen @ 3 L/min

Sex: Male

RE: Problem with SD card
(03-07-2015 10:43 AM)frankresmeds9 Wrote:  Does anybody know if there is any way that you can read what is sent over the cell network.

When faced with "lost data" on card problem, I use a program called "Micro SD Card Recovery". There are others out there on the net of course simply download & install, but to get to save your data, the software must be registered, which costs more than a replacement card. But I did it because "lost data" will happen again as flash memory cards are not as secure as they might be, and, the sleep data for that particular period was important to me.

[Image: signature.png]Keep on breathin'
03-07-2015 05:34 PM
Find all posts by this user Post Reply Quote this message in a reply

Donate to Apnea Board
frankresmeds9 Offline

Members

Machine: Res Med S9
Mask Make & Model: ResMed Mirage Quattro
Humidifier: ResMed H5i
CPAP Pressure: 4-20
CPAP Software: ResScan SleepyHead

Other Comments:

I will check the program out. It appears that my card itself is dead. The computer doesn't even see it.
03-08-2015 06:49 AM
Homerec130 Offline

Advisory Members

Machine: Philips/Resperonics BiPAP auto SV Advanced System One (950P)
Mask Make & Model: ResMed Quatro FX
Humidifier: Philips Respironics System 1
CPAP Pressure: 6-16
CPAP Software: SleepyHead

Other Comments: But it is a dry heat.

(03-08-2015 06:49 AM)frankresmeds9 Wrote:  I will check the program out. It appears that my card itself is dead. The computer doesn't even see it.

Are you reading the card through a slot on the computer or an external device? I have an external all in one card reader that works fine on every USB port on my Mac, but only on two of the 2.0 ports on my laptop,

Homer
03-08-2015 03:26 PM

Donate to Apnea Board
woozie38 Offline

Advisory Members

Machine: Fisher & Paykel Icon + Auto
Mask Make & Model: F&P Simplus
Humidifier: Integral
CPAP Pressure: 8 to 14
CPAP Software: SleepyHead Other Software

Other Comments: 17 years of CPAP + supp. oxygen @ 3 L/min

(03-08-2015 03:26 PM)Homerec130 Wrote:  
(03-08-2015 06:49 AM)frankresmeds9 Wrote:  I will check the program out. It appears that my card itself is dead. The computer doesn't even see it.
Are you reading the card through a slot on the computer or an external device? I have an external all in one card reader that works fine on every USB port on my Mac, but only on two of the 2.0 ports on my laptop,
Homer
If your card is not seen by your computer, it's possible the USB ports are not being scanned. If this is the case, depending on your OS, you may have to re-install the ports. If you are running XP you will need a 3rd. party program that install the ports. XP was not created to use USB the way we do today. Check to see if other media will read from the USB ports first before doing anything though.

[Image: signature.png]Keep on breathin'
(This post was last modified: 03-08-2015 04:25 PM by woozie38.)
03-08-2015 04:23 PM
frankresmeds9 Offline

Members

Machine: Res Med S9
CPAP Pressure: 4-20
CPAP Software: ResScan SleepyHead

Other Comments:

(03-08-2015 03:26 PM)Homerec130 Wrote:  

Homer

I have a SD card slot on my laptop which is working. I tried my backup SD card in the slot and it works just fine. The card that is bad will not even show up on my laptop.
03-09-2015 07:54 AM

Donate to Apnea Board
justMongo Offline

Monitors

Machine: ResMed VPAP Auto (S9)
CPAP Pressure: 18 IPAPmax - 11 EPAPmin, PS=5
CPAP Software: Other Software

Other Comments: μολὼν λαβέ

If a card will not show up in more than one reader, then it's dead. SD cards are cheaper than dirt to manufacture. They are run through a simple test procedure. They could do accelerated life testing on a small sample from a production lot; but that adds money to production cost. Not that the test is so expensive -- but, the entire lot would be trashed if the accelerated life testing shows failure or parameters out of spec.

If a card will not show up in just one reader; most likely dust is in the reader. Use "canned air" (tertrafluroethane) to blow out the dust.

Cards above 2GB are SDHC cards. 2GB is the upper limit for FAT32. Plus, some readers cannot handle SDHC cards.

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
03-09-2015 08:34 AM

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread: Author Replies: Views: Last Post
  Problem with DreamWear Mask Judy1843 5 276 11-30-2016 04:03 AM
Last Post: holden4th
  New User Problem with BiPAP AVAPS - Part 1 jmayer180 35 1,274 11-27-2016 09:50 AM
Last Post: jmayer180
  Totally Confused by Airsense 10 Data - Centrals - Problem machine... ? mymontreal 20 990 11-20-2016 08:07 AM
Last Post: Rcgop
  ResMed Airsense 10 Setting Date Problem Reuven Gruber 6 292 11-16-2016 04:13 PM
Last Post: Sleeprider
  [CPAP] ResMed Air Sense 10 Auto Off Problem Buddie43 16 3,236 11-12-2016 02:51 PM
Last Post: sonicboom
Gross RERA Problem SideSleeper 24 1,004 11-02-2016 04:11 AM
Last Post: holden4th
  [Pressure] Problem exhaling unofon 18 842 10-24-2016 02:55 PM
Last Post: BadGoodDeb