Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Problem with Sleepweaver Advance Nasal Mask
Problem with Sleepweaver Advance Nasal Mask
I am having a problem with a backup mask that I thought others may have experienced and resolved. I'm using the SleepWeaver Advance Nasal CPAP Mask with Improved Zzzephyr Seal.

The last few nights, I have woken up repeatedly, unable to breath. There is no apparent cause for this. The vent holes appear to be working, plus there is some leakage in other parts of the mask, but not significant, that would prevent CO2 buildup. I last washed this mask using Dawn Dishwashing detergent. It's been used maybe 20 times. My data doesn't show a bunch of events. In fact, I don't even get RERAs with this mask (AHI is usually under .6).

I use this nasal mask when my nose gets sore from pillows. At the time, I didn't know you couldn't replace the nose parts, so I just use it as a backup because I can't afford to replace the whole thing regularly. It's a comfy mask, and I get no significant leaking from it, but it does leak more than pillows. Tonight, I'm going back to my pillows (nose healed up), but need to resolve this for the next time. In fact, I had to switch to the pillows partway through the night last night after waking up twice with this issue.
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: Problem with Sleepweaver Advance Nasal Mask
Sorry, no answer for you, but I also do what you do. I have nasal pillows and generally prefer them, but after a few days I get small does on my nostrils where they contact the pillows. So I use my sleepweaver mask until I get healed. Sleepweaver takes a URL more adjusting and fiddling with to keep from leaking. I only get tiny leaks but the noise and air flow bothers me.

Hopefully someone else can answer your question.
--
Vivaldi
Cool
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: Problem with Sleepweaver Advance Nasal Mask
I use the SleepWeaver Élan now. I have used the original and the advanced. The Élan offers a 360' swivel on the hose connection which makes a big difference for me.
You can replace just the cloth portion for around $35.
I also find the feather light tube helps a lot. It removes the weight of the heated tube from the mask ,which reduces leaks for me.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Adjusting to Nasal Pillow Mask DenKen31 9 974 04-12-2024, 09:57 PM
Last Post: MaskedOne
  AirFit F30i Mask Problem OldTeacher 22 4,889 03-23-2024, 03:23 PM
Last Post: ButtonNoseBarbie
  How can I rectify skin breakage from nasal mask? evenflow 2 158 03-20-2024, 10:18 PM
Last Post: UnicornRider
  How can I tell if my mouth is open with a nasal mask while I sleep? evenflow 15 1,222 03-08-2024, 09:55 PM
Last Post: stevew168
  Mask(s) to use after nasal surgery? Wonderlight 17 4,350 03-08-2024, 05:42 PM
Last Post: DoubtFire61
  [CPAP] ResMed Air Sense 10 Auto Off Problem Buddie43 19 26,482 03-05-2024, 10:50 PM
Last Post: Ailyhsaun
  Are these flow limits my problem? k888 87 5,792 02-26-2024, 12:02 PM
Last Post: k888

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.