Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Strokes! Take note everyone.
RE: Strokes! Take note everyone.
So sorry he had to go through all that to get to the hospital. We had to send my brother to the hospital a few years ago during a blizzard and I flagged down a snowplow to clear the driveway ahead of the ambulance arrival. Then the ambulance followed the snowplow all the way in. The 10 minute drive took 40 minutes. (he's fine now - turned out not to be a blood clot in his leg by a serious infection and he ended up in hospital/nursing home for about a month).

Just wanted to comment that his stroke may not have had anything to do with using cpap or not using cpap, especially if there is a family history of it. Still, it's an opportunity to point out that cpap can reduce these situations (You are doing everything you can do!).
Post Reply Post Reply
Sorry about the situation.  However your logic applying causation to apnea may be faulty.
Post Reply Post Reply
(03-03-2018, 02:39 PM)Sleep2Snore Wrote: Thanks everyone.

I can't get in to see him for two reasons, one is the snow and the other is they will only let in my cousin and her brother and his wife.
He is in the High Dependency Unit at the moment.
He is a very clever man, but he has no common sense, I told him over and over again that not using the CPAP would end up in a stroke or a heart attack.
He has invented a few things and the income from them means he does not need to work.  His house is huge for British standards here abouts.
He is also partly blind, though he used to drive until the last few years.
He invented lights for reversing trucks that told them how close they were when reversing to loading bays etc.
I can't remember what else he invented, but a lot of the things went to China to be built, they pay more.  So he says, I have no reason to not believe him.

Sorry to hear that. I'm confused, he has a CPAP machine but wasn't using it?
ResMed AirCurve 10 vAuto
Pressure EPAP min 4.4, IPAP 8.4, IPAP Max 18, PS 4.

Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  [Mod Note] Note To OSCAR Beta Testers Crimson Nape 0 188 02-07-2024, 01:06 AM
Last Post: Crimson Nape
Sad Yesterday got CSR (Cheyne Strokes)on my report. Should I be worried? TonytheTiger 2 633 09-09-2022, 11:17 AM
Last Post: Gideon
  Cheynes Strokes Respiration Flagged? asuter060514 12 992 07-07-2021, 04:11 AM
Last Post: SarcasticDave94
Information SERVER MOVE - [note: COMPLETED NOW] SuperSleeper 1 896 01-28-2020, 02:52 PM
Last Post: SuperSleeper
  My story, NOTE, a VERY VERY long story BiLevel48 3 1,488 03-27-2017, 07:23 PM
Last Post: trish6hundred
  [Mod Note] PRIVACY NOTE ABOUT ATTACHMENTS PaulaO2 1 1,867 09-15-2015, 07:46 AM
Last Post: PaulaO2
  Note re: Respironics unheated slimline tube OMyMyOHellYes 0 1,290 04-02-2015, 05:15 PM
Last Post: OMyMyOHellYes

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.