Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Problem with air tube
Problem with air tube
The problem is the classic one.
My  air tube has developed a leak one week over the warranty period of 90 days.
Just my luck!

Lolabove

I dont look forward to having to replace a tube every 3 months at about US$50 a time.

Are they repairable?

or
The weather here is moving towards warmer weather so I could revert to a very much cheaper tube that has no  heating.
Bu twhat problems are there with an unheated  tube.?

I look forward to hearing of your experiences

Thanks

wesozzzz
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: Problem with air tube
IDK about repairs. I suspect they, like so many things these days, are intended to be disposable.

I've been using my resmed heated hose for 3 years. so far so good, knocking on wood, fingers crossed and tossing salt over my left shoulder.

I've not been particularly careful with it when washing or packing. however, I've become quite lax about washing it; now only about once every 6 weeks or so. maybe that's holding it together?!? :-)
Post Reply Post Reply
I've never repaired one but try a couple of wraps of tightly stretched vinyl electrical tape. There are silicone sealing tapes with no adhesive that may work even better. One source is Amazon. I've been using the same heated hose for over a year with no problems.
Download OSCAR

Organize Charts
Attaching Charts

Mask Primer
Soft Cervical Collar

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.

Post Reply Post Reply
If you know the location of the leak, some silicone sealer should work just fine. I use that for a lot of things. I've had a hose cover on mine for about 8-9 months now. Seems to work well in regards to protecting it.
Post Reply Post Reply
Replace it. I have had tubes last for years without failure. I'm fortuate to have frequent replacements with no copay, and I usually decline them but have plenty of spares on hand if anything happens.
Sleeprider
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Organize your OSCAR Charts
Attaching Files
Mask Primer
How To Deal With Equipment Supplier

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
You'd be dead unlucky to have one fail after 90 days. I'd be inclined to return it anyhow and claim it's not of merchantable quality. But SleepRider's right - they can last for years. I'm on my second one, having started in 2013. And the only thing wrong with my first is that the socket end is worn and the mask slips out.
Post Reply Post Reply
Myself, I'd relieve this damaged hose of duty. I'd ask the DME or whoever sold it if a replacement can be done. It sounds like this was a flawed hose to start. My ResMed heated hose originally issued with my ASV about 2 years ago is still on the job. I've collected several new hoses waiting on the shelf.
INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEBSITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
I have used self amalgamating silicon tape (available at Lowes, Home Depot  and some hardware stores) to repair a hose while on a six week trip with no access to a replacement. Worked fine. A UV activated gel will also work. Amazon has it  ***Search for Bondic Liquid Plastic Welder***

-----
Moderator Action: Link Removed
To maintain our status as an educational organization, the only commercial links allowed in this forum are to CPAP-related manufacturer websites. This is stated in the Apnea Board Rules with details given in the Commercial Links Policy section.
-----
Post Reply Post Reply
I'm on my second hose; I've used ResMed heated hoses for over 5 years.

Like another answer, I'm reluctant to wash mine often. Wink
DaveL
compliant for 35 years /// Still trying!

I'm just a cpap user like you. I don't give medical advice. Seek the advice of a physician before seeking treatment for medical conditions including sleep apnea. Sleep-well

http://www.apneaboard.com/wiki/index.php..._The_Guide

Post Reply Post Reply
It's very unusual for tubing to fail like that. I'd just replace it and forget about it unless it happens again.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  AirFit F30i Mask Problem OldTeacher 22 4,567 03-23-2024, 03:23 PM
Last Post: ButtonNoseBarbie
  Question on the Hybernite Rainout control tube runcyclexcski 2 106 03-21-2024, 05:29 AM
Last Post: runcyclexcski
  cleaning CPAP tube sleepingbetterinFl 6 221 03-14-2024, 10:34 AM
Last Post: apnea505
  [CPAP] ResMed Air Sense 10 Auto Off Problem Buddie43 19 26,331 03-05-2024, 10:50 PM
Last Post: Ailyhsaun
  Are these flow limits my problem? k888 87 5,469 02-26-2024, 12:02 PM
Last Post: k888
  Tube Size - 12mm, 15mm and 22mm MrIvanDrago 8 473 02-23-2024, 09:31 AM
Last Post: MrIvanDrago
  [Treatment] Are leaks the problem or do I need BIPAP? TiredDude 3 333 02-22-2024, 07:52 PM
Last Post: Sleeprider

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.