Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Problem with card and no humidification
Problem with card and no humidification
When I power on the machine, a Philips Respironics System One, I see a message about data activity. After several second I am asked to remove and reinsert the card.
This will repeat with no resolution to the problem. The machine works fine otherwise except it uses no water, and the heater indicator flashes. A friend of mine who is also using the same machine accessed the data and looked at some of the setup items. It seems the card problem appeared about the same time frame, but I can't see that any of the setup values have changed. I have looked at the data by using SleepyHead software but I have always locked the card before putting it in my computer.
Any suggestions, aside from having it serviced by my medical equipment store?
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: Problem with card and no humidification
Unplug the cord from the outlet and leave it unplugged for a while and then plug it back in and see if that helps. That's all I can think off at the moment because I don't know a lot about PR machines.
Post Reply Post Reply
Look to see if your friend locked the card when he had it out. If so unlock it. As to the humidifier flashing, first try separating the humidifier from the machine and reattaching it.

if that doesnt work, see what code the humidifier light is flashing and if there are any audible sounds to go along with it.

You can see if the humdifier is heating up simply by pulling out the tank turning on the machine and putting your hand on the heating plate.

If humidity is high in your home you wont use much water at all. If its dry youll use more. But it shouldnt be flashing.

Also does it flash when the card is out of the machine as well??

Oh and with the PRS1 you dont need to lock the card to read the data on your computer. The PRS1 doesnt care whats written on the card as long as it has room to write its own data.
Post Reply Post Reply
Let's review your settings. First, what is the machine model (3-digit number on bottom 560P, 460P, 260P). Now go to the clinician menu and lets see what the humidifier menu has been setup to do. Go to Setup, push control knob and ramp button at the same time, wait for 2 beeps, turn dial to setup and push once. Scroll through options and record settings. When done, scroll to back and push once to exit setup.
Sleeprider
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Organize your OSCAR Charts
Attaching Files
Mask Primer
How To Deal With Equipment Supplier

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
Hi Ragnar,
WELCOME! to the forum.!
Good luck on getting your problem straightened out with your machine, and much success to you with your CPAP therapy.
trish6hundred
Post Reply Post Reply
(02-21-2015, 09:31 AM)Sleeprider Wrote: Let's review your settings. First, what is the machine model (3-digit number on bottom 560P, 460P, 260P). Now go to the clinician menu and lets see what the humidifier menu has been setup to do. Go to Setup, push control knob and ramp button at the same time, wait for 2 beeps, turn dial to setup and push once. Scroll through options and record settings. When done, scroll to back and push once to exit setup.

Thank you Sleeprider,
The model number is 550P.
When I push control knob and ramp button at the same time I hear no beeps and the unit starts therapy.
If I turn the control knob to Setup and push the control knob I enter setup.
The settings are:
Mode CPAP
CPAP Pressure 6.0
Flex
Type C-Flex+
System One Resistance 0
Lock System One off
Ramp Time 0:45
Ramp Start 4.0
Humidifier 3
Auto On on
Auto Off off
Mask Alert off
Humidifier LED backlight off
Show AHI/Leak/PB on

BTW, latest 7 day AHI was 0.4, Leak 0, PB 0 so the unit seems to work with the exception of the card and the humidifier.
Post Reply Post Reply
(02-21-2015, 01:21 AM)me50 Wrote: Unplug the cord from the outlet and leave it unplugged for a while and then plug it back in and see if that helps. That's all I can think off at the moment because I don't know a lot about PR machines.

Thanks me50, but I have always unplugged the machine in the morning, so this is something new

Post Reply Post Reply
(02-21-2015, 03:46 AM)Ghost1958 Wrote: Look to see if your friend locked the card when he had it out. If so unlock it. As to the humidifier flashing, first try separating the humidifier from the machine and reattaching it.

if that doesnt work, see what code the humidifier light is flashing and if there are any audible sounds to go along with it.

You can see if the humdifier is heating up simply by pulling out the tank turning on the machine and putting your hand on the heating plate.

If humidity is high in your home you wont use much water at all. If its dry youll use more. But it shouldnt be flashing.

Also does it flash when the card is out of the machine as well??

Oh and with the PRS1 you dont need to lock the card to read the data on your computer. The PRS1 doesnt care whats written on the card as long as it has room to write its own data.

The card was not removed, he just looked at the settings, using the setup menu.
I have removed the humidifier and put it back, no difference.
I have not checked the temperature of the plate but since the water is not used it would be cold.
As for humidity I noticed the problem here on Florida (Big Pine Key) so I first attributed it to the high humidity at the time, but recently we have had cool weather to the point of running the furnace so that is no the case.

I always lock the card to prevent the computer inadvertently making changes, which could destroy the history data going back 4 years +

Post Reply Post Reply
(02-21-2015, 01:45 PM)Ragnar Wrote: I always lock the card to prevent the computer inadvertently making changes, which could destroy the history data going back 4 years +

As someone who worked in servicing computers for more than thirty years I hope you don't mind if I suggest that you need to do more than that for data safety.

You should always keep at least two backups of the S.D. card.

Personally I tend to keep four or five but I am a bit obsessive about backups, having been burned. Two extra copies should be safe especially if you keep at least one of them away from your house.

Ed Seedhouse
VA7SDH

Part cow since February 2018.

Trust your mind less and your brain more.

Post Reply Post Reply
Buy a new SD card. Pretty much any card will do as long as it's 2 GB or bigger. You can find them at Walmart or Walgreens.

Be sure you're actually unlocking the card when you put it in the CPAP. Flip it to the other position and see if it fixes the problem.

Is the data on your card being updated and showing up on SleepyHead?

Locking the card for the PC isn't necessary for PRS1 machines. Only ResMed machines have the design flaw that makes them reject the card if Windows 8.1 messes with it.
Get the free OSCAR CPAP software here.
Useful links.
Click here for information on the main alternative to CPAP.
If it's midnight and a DME tells you it's dark outside, go and check it yourself.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  AirFit F30i Mask Problem OldTeacher 22 4,558 03-23-2024, 03:23 PM
Last Post: ButtonNoseBarbie
  [CPAP] ResMed Air Sense 10 Auto Off Problem Buddie43 19 26,327 03-05-2024, 10:50 PM
Last Post: Ailyhsaun
  Are these flow limits my problem? k888 87 5,465 02-26-2024, 12:02 PM
Last Post: k888
  [Treatment] Are leaks the problem or do I need BIPAP? TiredDude 3 331 02-22-2024, 07:52 PM
Last Post: Sleeprider
  [CPAP] Is my leak rate a problem? Kevstuf 5 550 02-08-2024, 10:25 AM
Last Post: Kevstuf
  Humidification Issue With Air Mini ICS55 15 5,266 02-08-2024, 10:16 AM
Last Post: pwnorris
  If nasal congestion is a problem, will this show in my AHI? canigetawitness1992 4 391 01-29-2024, 09:20 PM
Last Post: RNeil

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.