Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Problem with my knob - RP System One
RE: Problem with my knob - RP System One
(08-13-2013, 03:49 PM)DocWils Wrote: But.........effective.

Or at least apparently so. I will concede that it is extremely unlikely that anyone will return with the same complaint after one such treatment. :grin:
Post Reply Post Reply
I am in a profession that is glad when we don't have repeat customers ;-)

I remember one girl in med school who was both an extreme prude (she used to refer to her breasts as her "bumps") and a member of one of the more odd Christian sects, who on her first day in emerg was confronted with a surprisingly common complaint - a man had some portion of his ....er...ahem...private region caught in his trouser zipper. Now we do have clear protocols for how to deal with such problems involving Lidocaine and clamps and stuff, but she drew the patient and with red cheeks and eyes blazing did NOTHING gentle in relieving him of his discomfort, possibly causing more damage with her direct approach to the problem and followed it with a stern lecture to the poor bugger. I am certain he needed stitches and gods knows what but he fled the hospital and we never saw him again. I made a mental note NEVER to let anything embarrass me ever in dealing with patients. And believe me, after decades of practice (do we ever get perfect?) I ma pretty sure nothing will embarrass me in my surgery, ever. Heck, I'd welcome the odd surprise every now and then.

BTW, full disclosure: I used to date her for a while in school, but her extreme views, including telling me that she loved me but I was damned to hell, but she loved me anyway, ended it. Her no sex policy but plenty of osculation to the point of pain didn't help, either.

She is still practising, got married at age 35 to a man from her church, and has 4 children. I am pretty sure they are all scared of her as well. The patients certainly were.....
Post Reply Post Reply
(08-13-2013, 08:01 PM)DocWils Wrote: I am in a profession that is glad when we don't have repeat customers ;-)

I think the only professional that can honestly say that is a mortician... because repeats would be pretty darn scary. Laugh-a-lot
Post Reply Post Reply
(08-13-2013, 09:04 PM)Paptillian Wrote:
(08-13-2013, 08:01 PM)DocWils Wrote: I am in a profession that is glad when we don't have repeat customers ;-)

I think the only professional that can honestly say that is a mortician... because repeats would be pretty darn scary. Laugh-a-lot

Near as I can tell, they would be glad to charge everything twice :grin:

Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Foam Removal - Philips System One peewee44 47 10,606 03-26-2024, 05:46 AM
Last Post: jojopuppyfish
  AirFit F30i Mask Problem OldTeacher 22 4,558 03-23-2024, 03:23 PM
Last Post: ButtonNoseBarbie
Exclaimation [News] RECALL THREAD-- IMPORTANT PHILIPS DREAMSTATION & SYSTEM ONE USERS Sleeprider 2,961 352,066 03-20-2024, 02:21 PM
Last Post: btreger
  Is my Philips Remstar Pro System One working? alanbc 11 372 03-13-2024, 11:41 AM
Last Post: alanbc
  [CPAP] ResMed Air Sense 10 Auto Off Problem Buddie43 19 26,327 03-05-2024, 10:50 PM
Last Post: Ailyhsaun
  High Pressures - Inflammation of the CV system? MrIvanDrago 5 297 03-05-2024, 07:14 PM
Last Post: G. Szabo
  Are these flow limits my problem? k888 87 5,465 02-26-2024, 12:02 PM
Last Post: k888

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.