Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Problem with new PR Wisp mask?
Problem with new PR Wisp mask?
Just got myself a new mask. It’s the Wisp nasal mask. My usual mask is the P10’s which are nasal pillows and the Wisp is a nasal mask. I realize it’ll feel a bit different as the only time I have used a nasal mask was during my sleep test in 2015. I’ve tried to use it a few times but it feels like I’m not getting enough air. I changed the resistance setting on my 560 System One from x2 to x1 which is supposedly the one to use when using the Wisp. No change. 
Any ideas?
APNEABOARD - A great place to be if you're a hosehead!!  Rolleyes  

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
EVERY ACCOMPLISHMENT BEGINS WITH THE DECISION TO TRY!
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: Problem with new PR Wisp mask?
If you feeel like you are not getting enough air raise your minimum pressure by 1cm the less direct pressure can make it feel that way and often when using a larger mask more pressure is required
Post Reply Post Reply
The other thing I've noticed is that the flow can get restricted if the mask rides too high on the upper lip; the bottom of the mask obstructs the flow. To prevent that I pull the back of the headgear down toward my neck before fastening the bottom straps.
Apnea Board Monitors are members who help oversee the smooth functioning of the Board. They are also members of the Advisory Committee which helps shape Apnea Board's rules & policies. Membership in the Advisory Members group does not imply medical expertise or qualification for advising Sleep Apnea patients concerning their treatment.
Post Reply Post Reply
Thanks pholynyk I'll try that.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Post Reply Post Reply
Wisp is my go-to mask--it was used for my sleep test and I get the best results using it.  I have a small head and a small nose and started with a s/m cushion.  For about the last year I switched to the smaller petite size and did very well but also had the same feeling as not getting enough air at times.  Went back to the s/m and think I'll stick with it.  My flow level range is a lot wider now on Sleepyhead--don't know if that is what is making the difference.  Have you tried a larger cushion?  My cushions came with a little fitting "ruler"--that is how I determined I was just on the line between the petite and small/medium.
Post Reply Post Reply
OK thanks, I'll take a look for the fitting ruler.

Post Reply Post Reply
I have a problem with the Nasal masks putting pressure on the upper part of my nose.
Not enough to pinch off flow, but just enough to feel restricted, which tends to lead to congestion.
I've tried a number of nasal masks and they all seem to have the same issue.
-- Rich
Links to Download OSCAR here
OSCAR Installation and Setup

Using Attachments to Post Images on Apnea Board

INFORMATION ON FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.

Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  AirFit F30i Mask Problem OldTeacher 22 4,569 03-23-2024, 03:23 PM
Last Post: ButtonNoseBarbie
  [CPAP] ResMed Air Sense 10 Auto Off Problem Buddie43 19 26,332 03-05-2024, 10:50 PM
Last Post: Ailyhsaun
  Are these flow limits my problem? k888 87 5,469 02-26-2024, 12:02 PM
Last Post: k888
  [Treatment] Are leaks the problem or do I need BIPAP? TiredDude 3 333 02-22-2024, 07:52 PM
Last Post: Sleeprider
  [CPAP] Is my leak rate a problem? Kevstuf 5 550 02-08-2024, 10:25 AM
Last Post: Kevstuf
  If nasal congestion is a problem, will this show in my AHI? canigetawitness1992 4 391 01-29-2024, 09:20 PM
Last Post: RNeil
  [Equipment] ResMed S9 Elite CPAP – Climate hose problem drewb6111 2 228 01-28-2024, 08:24 PM
Last Post: drewb6111

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.