Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Problems Getting Into Provider Settings [DreamStation]
Problems Getting Into Provider Settings [DreamStation]
Hello. New here. Hope all are good and rested.

Just read the instructions on how to get into clinical settings in my DreamStation so I can raise pressure a bit. Getting stuck at the beginning, where it says to plug this and into that and that into this etc etc etc

Am i just supposed to plug machine in as I would regularly if I were going to use it - or is there a different way it should be all plugged in?
There's also no plug on the back as instructions in this site and my Provider Guide say to use.
I do have it plugged in regularly in a socket that is not connected to a light switch, as instructions say.

Turned on machine (that's what they mean by "power up", right? Then pressed down the 2 buttons on the machine it said to, and nothing happened.

Any suggestions?
Thank you
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: Problems Getting Into Provider Settings
Welcome!

Not familiar with that machine but this whole thread may help, read both pages for more tips.
http://www.apneaboard.com/forums/Thread-...eamstation

I'd suggest writing down or taking a photo of all original settings as you feel your way around the menu, ... you can have a record of your starting point.

Edited after Jimsp1's reply ... forgot to insert the link ... duh!
Post Reply Post Reply
Push the knob to turn on the screen. Then push and hold the knob and ramp button for about 10sec. You'll see the screen change.
Post Reply Post Reply
Hi Hopefullady,
WELCOME! to the forum.!
Much success to you with your CPAP therapy and good luck getting your machine set up.
Hang in there for more answers to your questions.
trish6hundred
Post Reply Post Reply
Welcome to ApneaBoard Hopefullady! Hope you get all your questions answered and good luck with your therapy!
APNEABOARD - A great place to be if you're a hosehead!!  Rolleyes  

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
EVERY ACCOMPLISHMENT BEGINS WITH THE DECISION TO TRY!
Post Reply Post Reply
Thank you all so much!

I DID IT!!! With your help I changed my bottom pressure from 5 to 6.5!!!

Ok, a few things here to help others with DreamStation:

- Just plug in machine as you would normally. (As the instructions for getting into clinician mode here say, plug it into a socket that is not controlled by a light switch).
- Make sure screen is set to "MY INFO". This makes a difference.
- hold down ramp and push in button for TEN SECONDS, not five (or for however long it takes).

I have some questions I'll top-post in a new thread.

Signed,
Ms. Empowered
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  [CPAP] PRISMA SMART MAX PROBLEMS WITH SOFTPAP LEVEL 2 rretamalt 18 2,015 03-19-2024, 06:17 PM
Last Post: motivationalGust
  [Equipment] ResMed Airtouch F20 Cushion cleaning with drool problems. Funkmonkey 2 172 03-05-2024, 04:08 PM
Last Post: Funkmonkey
  Anything can be done for baby with breathing problems Ptee8899 3 222 02-11-2024, 11:30 PM
Last Post: eok361
  DreamStation 2 Advanced Provider ManualIII Clay L 2 269 01-28-2024, 08:03 PM
Last Post: StratCat48
  First post, provider is not much help. DPAlaska 2 271 01-26-2024, 07:53 PM
Last Post: DPAlaska
  DME Provider Recos cincysinner 5 334 01-25-2024, 11:22 PM
Last Post: Deborah K.
  [Equipment] ResMed AirSense 11 modem/provider mystery richapple 4 567 12-22-2023, 09:33 PM
Last Post: SarcasticDave94

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.