Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Problems Installing ResScan_5.9
Problems Installing ResScan_5.9

Wanting to install ResScan and keep getting above pop up at end of what seemed to be a successful install.

Anyone seen this before..?

Thanks
My worst night on CPAP is 10X better than my best night without it  Eat-popcorn 
Good night Chesty, wherever you are..Semper Fi
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: Problems Installing ResScan_5.9
I've moved this from the Main Forum to the Software Support forum.
OpalRose
Apnea Board Administrator
www.apneaboard.com

Soft Cervical Collar
Optimizing therapy
OSCAR supported machines
Mask Primer

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE.  ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA.  INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
It's a known issue.

Read through the info & links in this thread and let us know if any of it helps or not:

http://www.apneaboard.com/forums/Thread-...ed-ResScan

Thinking-about
SuperSleeper
www.ApneaBoard.com

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.

Post Reply Post Reply
Also, IF you accidentally installed the drivers listed on the "INSTALLATION WARNING" near the bottom of this post:

http://www.apneaboard.com/forums/Thread-...d=99#pid99

Then your system is likely borked for any ResScan installs.  I know of no one who has installed those drivers who's gotten ResScan to work after making that mistake.  That's why the warning is in the installation instructions in that post and in the email that's sent out for the download.

Not saying that's what happened with you, but for some folks, that is the issue, and for them, it's unrecoverable as far as what I've heard.
SuperSleeper
www.ApneaBoard.com

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.

Post Reply Post Reply
(01-30-2020, 12:18 AM)SuperSleeper Wrote: Also, IF you accidentally installed the drivers listed on the "INSTALLATION WARNING" near the bottom of this post:

http://www.apneaboard.com/forums/Thread-...d=99#pid99

Then your system is likely borked for any ResScan installs.  I know of no one who has installed those drivers who's gotten ResScan to work after making that mistake.  That's why the warning is in the installation instructions in that post and in the email that's sent out for the download.

Not saying that's what happened with you, but for some folks, that is the issue, and for them, it's unrecoverable as far as what I've heard.

No, I'm pretty good about reading instructions. I tried 2 installs and program uninstalls. I did install the drivers after the first 2 tries Sad

It's not a deal breaker as OSCAR is what I have been working with and studying a new program doesn't interest me. Especially since I so much yet to learn about OSCAR. Just wanted to see it for myself.

Thanks Again...Borked in Michigan Dielaughing 

Thanks
Post Reply Post Reply
If you installed the drivers, then the Fat Lady sang. Installing the drivers modifies various parts of the system's registry. Finding them is next to impossible. Uninstalling doesn't remove them either.
Crimson Nape
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com
Attaching Images and Files on Apnea Board
Apnea Helpful Tips

Post Reply Post Reply
I think I'll sandbox that and monitor the registry for changes.
Using FlashAir W-03 SD card in machine. You can download your data through wifi with FlashPAP or Sleep Master utilities.

I wanted to learn Binary so I enrolled in Binary 101. I seemed to have missed the first four courses. Big Grinnie

Stick it to the man, Download OSCAR and take back control of your data!

Thanks Ian. Like I didn't have enough Honey-Do projects to tackle. Mornincoffee
Post Reply Post Reply
(01-30-2020, 10:10 AM)Crimson Nape Wrote: If you installed the drivers, then the Fat Lady sang. Installing the drivers modifies various parts of the system's registry.  Finding them is next to impossible.  Uninstalling doesn't remove them either.

Well, the instructions warn against installing the drivers saying "Some" people experienced an inability to properly install the software after installing the drivers. (or something to that effect)

After 2 failed attempts is when I installed the drivers thinking, well maybe in my case it may be looking for the drivers?

The instructions do not include the statement you made ie., If you installed the drivers, then the Fat Lady sang. Installing the drivers modifies various parts of the system's registry.  Finding them is next to impossible.  Uninstalling doesn't remove them either.

But, the warnings were stern enough that I should have posted my install problem prior to installing the drivers. I see that now, after the fact..LOL

Either way it's no biggie as I doubt ResScan would offer me more than OSCAR anyway. (unless you tell me I'm wrong again)

I also tried installing the Encore software to no avail..

I may try installing it again down the road as maybe a registry clean might eliminate the garbage left behind..?

I just like playing with new software.  Laugh-a-lot

Thanks
Post Reply Post Reply
I just realized that your profile shows a Dreamstation.  ResScan ONLY works with Resmed machines.  For a Philips machine, you need to use one of the Encore versions. Based off your profile, I think that the Encore Pro is the one you have to use. The ResScan and Encore apps are usually only required if you must furnish CPAP usage validation to a regulatory authority.
Crimson Nape
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com
Attaching Images and Files on Apnea Board
Apnea Helpful Tips

Post Reply Post Reply
(01-31-2020, 09:38 AM)3rdMarDiv Wrote: The instructions do not include the statement you made ie., If you installed the drivers, then the Fat Lady sang. Installing the drivers modifies various parts of the system's registry.  Finding them is next to impossible.  Uninstalling doesn't remove them either.

True... no mention of the "fat lady" in the directions...   But it does state:

Quote:DO NOT CHECK any of the 3 boxes for these drivers, unless you have one of the following three ResMed-brand devices:

1) ResMed S9 USB Adapter (P/C: 36950) or ResMed S8 USB Adapter (P/C: 22203)

2) ResMed's ResScan Data Card Reader (P/C: 22207) or ACR 38U Smart Card Reader

3) ResMed Stellar ventilator machine with direct USB connection

So unless you know you are using one of the 3 ResMed devices listed above, following the directions explicitly would mean you should not install the drivers.

Just sayin'... Cool

Keep in mind, ResScan, EncorePro & EncoreBasic are all proprietary software packages and Apnea Board has no idea how these packages are developed and provides no support whatsoever, other than what end-users have discovered through trial-and-error.  The manufacturers provide no support to the patient either, so we have no way to determine what changes occur between versions or what to do when something goes wrong.  All we can do is report issues end-users have found out about and work with that.

That's why we always prefer the OSCAR software -- it's open source, non-proprietary, user-friendly and we know how the development progresses with it first-hand, because the development team is using Apnea Board as their hub for operations, with 2 private sub-forums here and their Mantis bug-tracking software installed on the Apnea Board server.  The developers are constantly providing first-hand support for OSCAR in our Software Support Forum on a daily basis.  You'll never get that with ResScan or Encore.

Coffee
SuperSleeper
www.ApneaBoard.com

Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Version 1.5.2 Problems flipmike 10 422 04-02-2024, 06:48 PM
Last Post: flipmike
  [split] OSCAR v1.5.2 is Install Problems millerdq 1 184 03-27-2024, 03:29 PM
Last Post: LoudSnorer
  Problems displaying graphs on Daily page SueB 4 604 11-14-2023, 08:05 PM
Last Post: SueB
  OSCAR Problems on Mac Sonoma 14.0 kenhh 6 1,128 11-05-2023, 01:40 AM
Last Post: WW4B
  Error while installing OSCAR on Lenovo Chromebook Bodie 15 1,335 10-29-2023, 12:41 PM
Last Post: Bodie
  Need help with OSCAR--several problems and can't use it SideSleeper 14 1,202 01-11-2023, 06:43 PM
Last Post: SideSleeper
  [split] Help installing OSCAR on Mac The Old Crock 4 626 01-08-2023, 10:45 AM
Last Post: Sabee

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.