Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Resmed ASV not going to max pressure
Resmed ASV not going to max pressure
I recently bought a used Resmed Aircurve 10 because my other one had to be returned with a change in my insurance.  The used one I have now doesn't go to the max pressure.  It always stays within 5 numbers of the min ps.  My settings are:

EPAP 5
Min PS 3
Max PS 10

With the min ps at 3 the max ps will only go to 8.  If I change the min ps to 5, then the max will go to 10.  Any ideas as to why the max ps will not go 5 numbers above the min ps?
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: Resmed ASV not going to max pressure
Hi bjelmer!  -  Welcome
What model AirCurve do you have?  Your description suggest that you have a VAuto, but your listed settings suggest an ASV.

Please check the image for a better identification.
[Image: ResMed-AirCurve-10.png]
[should say "VAuto, S, ST or ASV"]

You may also verify by listing the model number on the CPAP's back. If you're using the humidifier and check the number, I recommend that you first remove the tank.

- Red
Crimson Nape
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com
Attaching Images and Files on Apnea Board
Apnea Helpful Tips

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
The best way for us to help is if you download the free OSCAR software and submit a session of detailed daily data. These charts give us both the settings and response and will usually explain any unexpected behavior in the machine.
Sleeprider
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Organize your OSCAR Charts
Attaching Files
Mask Primer
How To Deal With Equipment Supplier

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
It's the ASV model

I'll get the OSCAR software and will submit my info.  Thanks!
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Isn't Resmed's Expiratory Pressure Relief really Inspiratory Pressure Support?? Reznik 122 18,643 12-09-2023, 12:54 PM
Last Post: Kathy14225
  Any downside to using static pressure vs range pressure? hejohoo 6 923 09-08-2023, 11:50 AM
Last Post: Gideon
  Need help w pressure, tired in morning, resmed 11 cejay 3 545 08-23-2023, 10:46 AM
Last Post: cejay
  [Equipment] Pressure reading on Resmed 11 AutoSet Ajalkio 2 1,036 07-27-2023, 10:15 AM
Last Post: Ajalkio
  [Pressure] Pressure suggestions to reduce ear pressure? rv88 0 646 05-24-2023, 05:43 AM
Last Post: rv88
  air leakshi, I write from Italy. I use a resmed airsense 10 cpap at pressure 13 and a papaste 3 662 02-02-2023, 08:51 PM
Last Post: burgess4321
  FFM HELP: no leaks, no nose bridge pressure and no headgear pressure on back of neck? koy23 6 1,557 01-22-2023, 07:33 PM
Last Post: koy23

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.