Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Problems importing oxymetry data into Sleepyhead
Problems importing oxymetry data into Sleepyhead
Hello. Can anyone help please? I have been using a CMS50F oximeter for months and successfully importing the data each morning into Sleepyhead. I am, as usual, importing the CPAP data into Sleephead before trying to import the oximetry data.

This now doesn't work - for the last seven attempts (i.e. 7 successive overnight recordings on the 50F).

If I try <import from data file> (which is the method I used to use with never any problems) I get an error message <no oximetry module could parse the given file>.

If I try <direct from device>, Sleepyhead connects to the oximeter but I then get an error message <nothing to import. Your oximeter did not have any valid sessions> and an information message <oximeter name is different. If you only have one and are sharing it between profiles, set the name on both profiles>.

Each night's SpO2 data files will import into SpO2 Assistant normally, the data looks uncorrupted and the oximetry report prints off as normal.

I have changed absolutely nothing recently - not on the oximeter itself, not on Sleepyhead, not on my computer, no change in user etc.

Maybe the CMS50F software is now corrupt in some way? (I bought the oximeter about 6 months ago)

Any ideas please? Thank you

Post Reply Post Reply
RE: Problems importing oxymetry data into Sleepyhead
Bump. Sorry I don't know anything about oximetry, but perhaps a more knowledgeable member might chime in?
Post Reply Post Reply
I'll give it a go.
First, verify that you have selected the correct device type. There are two options for the CM50 models. The newest version is the CM50v3.4 and utilizes a different data structure than the older model.
Second, make sure that you don't have any of the option boxes checked; These are: Set Time/Date, Set Device Identity, and Erase Session. I've had problems with them in the past.

One last thought; When I have had to change any of these settings, I've found that restarting SH was almost a requirement.

I hope something I've listed will help.
Crimson Nape
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com
Attaching Images and Files on Apnea Board
Apnea Helpful Tips

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply

First, verify that you have selected the correct device type. There are two options for the CM50 models. The newest version is the CM50v3.4 and utilizes a different data structure than the older model.
Second, make sure that you don't have any of the option boxes checked; These are: Set Time/Date, Set Device Identity, and Erase Session. When I have had to change any of these settings, I've found that restarting SH was almost a requirement.
[/quote]

Dear sgearhart - thanks very much for all the above. Checked everything and nothing was applicable. My CSF50 says it is Version 3.7, so perhaps even newer than the one you mention.

Then the import worked fine for a week and has yesterday and today just failed again!

I have no idea what is going on. Anyone else experienced this please? Thanks
Post Reply Post Reply
I'm starting to wonder if your connections may be the source of the problem. If you can still import the O2 data with the SpO2 software, you can import the files to SH instead of reading the data direct. This file import option is the last option listed on the Oximetery Wizard screen.
Crimson Nape
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com
Attaching Images and Files on Apnea Board
Apnea Helpful Tips

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
(10-01-2015, 10:09 AM)sgearhart Wrote: I'm starting to wonder if your connections may be the source of the problem. If you can still import the O2 data with the SpO2 software, you can import the files to SH instead of reading the data direct. This file import option is the last option listed on the Oximetery Wizard screen.

Thank you for the suggestion but <been there, tried that>, many times. (I hesitate to say <worn the tee-shirt> as that is not a good look on me!). All to no effect. I think I have tried all mathematically possible variations with the options but on days that it does not import, it just simply will not import. No matter what I try.

I suppose the main decision for me is (1) is this just a software clash/bug and it will always be with me or (2) there is something defective with my oximeter and I should try to get a refund and start again.
Post Reply Post Reply
(09-11-2015, 03:36 AM)Asjb Wrote: If I try <import from data file> (which is the method I used to use with never any problems) I get an error message <no oximetry module could parse the given file>.

From what you've said, I don't know why this would have just started happening, but it sounds like the same bug in Sleepyhead that I recall having a while ago. See htp://sourceforge.net/p/sleepyhead/bugs/234/ for the bug report. Basically, the default folder/filename which SPO2 Assistant uses now has multiple periods in it, and this situation confuses SleepyHead. Try making a copy of the data file from SPO2 Assistant on your desktop and then importing from that into SleepyHead.

There is also another bug in SleepyHead (htp://sourceforge.net/p/sleepyhead/bugs/242/) which I ran into where an invalid date is in the datafile. But that causes problems with the date picker, so I don't think that it is your problem.

(I can't post clickable links, so you'll need to change "htp:" to "http:" in those links to use them.)
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
Question OK TO IMPORT SLEEP DATA FROM OLD SD CARD INTO OSCAR W/O MESSING UP CURRENT DATA? Plmnb 1 72 9 hours ago
Last Post: Ibrumley
  [split] OSCAR v1.5.2 is Install Problems millerdq 1 48 Yesterday, 03:29 PM
Last Post: LoudSnorer
  Trouble importing data to Oscar bubbafoxus 2 87 03-22-2024, 05:40 PM
Last Post: bubbafoxus
  Importing Oximetry data billmelk 1 134 03-10-2024, 02:27 PM
Last Post: Crimson Nape
  Viatom/WellUE data is different than OSCAR displayed data GordK 3 289 02-23-2024, 04:48 PM
Last Post: GordK
  Data structure / data definition of AirSense 11 CD, CMSd50+ or OSCAR?hing obvious, … Perickson 4 1,628 02-18-2024, 01:49 PM
Last Post: Perickson
Question Importing Data Only After A Certain Date ResMed AirCurve 10 somewherein413 4 335 02-14-2024, 05:40 PM
Last Post: Crimson Nape

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.