Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Problems installing Encore Pro
Problems installing Encore Pro
I have downloaded and attempted to install Encore Pro 2.21 for Windows 7, 64 bit. 

However, have received an error message saying the Database could not be installed.

I guess this is down to my needing Microsoft SQL server?
Respironics Dreamstation Auto CPAP ay 8 cm. fixed pressure.

Resmed AirFit F230 mask. 
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: Problems installing Encore Pro
EDIT: 

Encore pro now installed. I m still falling down at the password stage however:

I was prompted to change the password and did so but am now getting the error message when I try to log in using the new password  "Specified argument was out of the range of valid values. Parameter name: MaxWidth can not be less than MinWidth".

Any ideas how to resolve this?
Respironics Dreamstation Auto CPAP ay 8 cm. fixed pressure.

Resmed AirFit F230 mask. 
Post Reply Post Reply
Sad 
I have been using Encore Pro 2.2 for years - no problems.   Now I have a new machine and need to move over to it.  However, Can't find a copy of Encore Pro 2.2.  So, I'm trying to install Encore Pro 2.24.  No luck.  It installs just fine, but when it starts up asks for the "password1" password be changed.   I have tried using "password2" and other letters line "asdfese8".  In all of the cases, the then get an error - windows title is "ENCORE" and the message is the same "Specified argument was out of the range of valid values. Parameter name: MaxWidth can not be less than MinWidth" message.   I can get back to the start by uninstalling Encore, can't get by the problem after I change the password.  Have tried longer and short password- no luck.

Is this an Encore Pro 2.24 problem?  Or a MSSQL problem?

I have after installation, installed the MSSQL 2008 update to see if the helps, no luck.

A thought that I have not tried is to use the password lock utility and sees if the behavior changes.   

What am I missing???   Or how can I find a V2.20 to see it that is a solution?  I've already uninstalled and re-installed the software about a dozen times trying different sequences.  Doing a full remove - EVERYTHING include MSSQL and registry entries.  No luck.

Sincerely.
Post Reply Post Reply
You didn't mention the username you are using with the password, "password1".  Was it, "EncoreAdmin"?

Also, here is a thread about EncorePro 2 password locked [unlock utility in post #3] - (Direct Link)

Here is the software link: http://www.apneaboard.com/forums/attachm...?aid=12833

Let us know if it works.

- Red
Crimson Nape
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com
Attaching Images and Files on Apnea Board
Apnea Helpful Tips

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
Jpearson, what Philips machine do you hope to read data with using Encore Pro? It does not work with the Dreamstation 2.
Sleeprider
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Organize your OSCAR Charts
Attaching Files
Mask Primer
How To Deal With Equipment Supplier

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
Yes, User ID was the "EncoreAdmin".   I also know about the password unlock, but the error message about MaxWidth and MinWidth block me from getting on.   Are you suggesting I do the password unlock after I get the error message, I have not tried that solution.
Post Reply Post Reply
I don't know a thing about Encore Pro. I was looking at previous posts and their problems, hoping one may help you. Is your declared "DreamMachine" a DreamStation? If so, which model, DS1 or DS2?
Crimson Nape
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com
Apnea Helpful Tips

Post Reply Post Reply
I thought that would be the case, but I'm still on DreamStation 1.  Thanks for the note.   I'm hoping someone can break open the code SOON.   I believe Philips is putting their effort behind EncoreAnywhere instead of PRO. Jim
Post Reply Post Reply
I did try the password reset program after I got into trouble with the "MaxWidth" message, hoping it may provide a workaround.  Regretfully, it didn't.  I'm still locked out by the error message.  In my testing, I get the sense that it's not a password validation issue.  The package seems to run the same and responses to bad passwords and good passwords like it should.  My conclusion is it gets pass the password check and them hits the problem.   OUCH!

Since I was running fine on V2.20, but not on V2.24, I still looking for what the differences are and where can I find a V2.20 to try that again.  I mad at myself for not saving the original V2.20 in my archive. 

Jim.
Post Reply Post Reply
You might try uninstalling the current MSSQL package and do a full installation of 2.4, with its version of MSSQL. If you do try this idea, reboot after removing the current package. This should clear out any services that may linger around.
Crimson Nape
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com
Apnea Helpful Tips

Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  [split] OSCAR v1.5.2 is Install Problems millerdq 1 49 Yesterday, 03:29 PM
Last Post: LoudSnorer
  Problems displaying graphs on Daily page SueB 4 564 11-14-2023, 08:05 PM
Last Post: SueB
  OSCAR Problems on Mac Sonoma 14.0 kenhh 6 1,060 11-05-2023, 01:40 AM
Last Post: WW4B
  Error while installing OSCAR on Lenovo Chromebook Bodie 15 1,234 10-29-2023, 12:41 PM
Last Post: Bodie
  where can I get the download for Encore Basic leshep66 13 809 08-09-2023, 03:00 PM
Last Post: Gideon
  Encore Basic - How to download it? chipbutty 6 2,357 04-09-2023, 10:27 AM
Last Post: Crimson Nape
  DreamStation 2 - Will we ever have Access similar to Encore? Wizard99 11 1,088 02-10-2023, 03:48 PM
Last Post: Wizard99

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.