Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Problems installing Encore Pro
RE: Problems installing Encore Pro
To All,

Thank you for your help. I finally got it working. The following is my journey.

Cheers, Jim.

Getting Encore Pro 2.3 to Install and Work.
Background:
Have installed and had Encore Pro 2.00.6.0 working on my old laptop since 2017.

Got a new laptop and needed to move programs and my data over to it. I pulled down the Encore Pro 2.4 software and have tried may times to install it and get it working on my new Laptop without any success. The package starts up, I change the password and it fails with a message from EncorePro indicating “MaxWidth must be larger than MinWidth” or something like that. Searched the web for any information on the error. One source indicated screen resolution and SQL may be part of the problem, but nothing specific.
My laptops:
New Laptop
1) Dell XPS 150 with 64 gbytes memory, 2T SSD disk with Windows 10 Pro (64) with Intel i9 11th Gen Intel® Core™ i9-11900H @ 2.50GHz 64 Family 6 Model 141 Stepping 1 Genuine Intel processor.
2) Primary screen - Dell XPS 150 Laptop UHD Display at 3456 x 2160 resolution. Drivers up to date.
3) Secondary screen - BENQ SW2700PT 27" LCD at 2560 x 1440 resolution. Drivers up to date.
4) Windows 10 up to date at 20H2.
Old Laptop
1) Toshbia P-50A with 16 gbytes memory, 1T Hard Drive with windows 10 Pro (64) with Intel® Core™ i7-4700MQ CPU @ 2.4 GHz in 64 bit mode.
2) Primary screen - Toshbia LCD laptop display at 1920 x 1080. Drivers up to date.
3) Secondary screen - BENQ SW2700PT 27" LCD at 2560 x 1440 resolution. Drivers up to date.
4) Windows 10 up to date at 21H2.
For safety, I left Encore Pro 2.0 on old machine as backup until I got the new installation working.
The BENQ photography editing monitor was added about 18 months ago and I have had no problems with the monitor or any programs (including Encore Pro 2.20).
The Encore Pro 2.4 and 2.3 installations were on the new laptop with both the UHD laptop display and the BENQ display.
I started with the Encore Pro 2.4 package which an integrated version of the SQL 2008 Express software. Later I learned about all of the special options Encore Pro 2 required in the interface with SQL.
After about a week of installing and uninstalling the package, deleting files, deleting registry records and Googling everything I could find on the error message EncorePro 2 was throwing (“MaxWidth…MInWidth”), I could never get it to work. I could always install the package and change the password, then it failed. If I restarted Encore Pro, it would generate the error message and terminate.
After a few more days of installing and uninstalling, deleting files and registry entries trying to get Encore Pro 2.4, I was able with help from Apnea Board to get a copy of Encore Pro 2.3. It’s not Encore Pro 2.0 that was running without a problem, but it was closer. If it was something in Encore Pro 2.4, I was hoping this would help.
I had an interesting learning experience installing Encore Pro 2.3. But finally got it up and running. I can provided the details if you would like to see the list, but I have the feeling you already know of most of them. I’m up and ready to run, I have two instances in the SQL Server “MSQLSERVER” and “ENCOREPRO2” and discovered the required user IDs and passwords.. I’m using MSSQL 2008 R2 service pack 3 for the SQL software base. Had to install SSMS to make one option change. Had to change the service status on the ENCOREPRO2 instances from “disabled” to “automatic” and “start’ the server.
Now I’m ready to try using Encore Pro 2.3. Started it up. It looked normal on my main screen. Change the password, no problems, but could not read anything in the Encore Pro 2.3 window. The font sizes were really messed up and not consistent and the window space was way too small. I’ve see this is other applications that weren’t dealing with Windows 10 High DPI and High Resolution features.
I have been playing with the compatibilty options in the short-cuts under the "Change high DPI settings" button to modify the high DPI handling. There are two boxes “Program DPI” and “High DPI scaling override”. The “Program DPI” box didn’t seem to have any effect on the bad window image. The “High DPI scaling override” turned out to be the cause of the “MaxWidth…MinWidth” error message.
You have to set this option to get window image and scaling usable if the problem does not know what to work with Windows 10. However, I was still no closer to a solution, have the packet fail with the “MaxWidth….” Error or I could not read anything in the badly formatted window.
After more reading and experimentation – I finally determined the correct settings to get Encore Pro to work on a Windows 10 which has high resolution displays is to check the box for the “High DPI scaling override” and set the “Scaling performed by:” option to “System”, not the default of “Application”. Either “System” or “System (Enhanced)” seem to work fine.
I have a working solutions. Thank you for the support and I thought you would like to hear resolution.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Version 1.5.2 Problems flipmike 10 351 04-02-2024, 06:48 PM
Last Post: flipmike
  [split] OSCAR v1.5.2 is Install Problems millerdq 1 153 03-27-2024, 03:29 PM
Last Post: LoudSnorer
  Problems displaying graphs on Daily page SueB 4 594 11-14-2023, 08:05 PM
Last Post: SueB
  OSCAR Problems on Mac Sonoma 14.0 kenhh 6 1,114 11-05-2023, 01:40 AM
Last Post: WW4B
  Error while installing OSCAR on Lenovo Chromebook Bodie 15 1,308 10-29-2023, 12:41 PM
Last Post: Bodie
  where can I get the download for Encore Basic leshep66 13 852 08-09-2023, 03:00 PM
Last Post: Gideon
  Encore Basic - How to download it? chipbutty 6 2,428 04-09-2023, 10:27 AM
Last Post: Crimson Nape

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.