Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Problems with AirFit P10 Nasal Pillows (+ResMed AirSense 10)
I use smart start all the time, but I do use a nasal mask so I'm guessing like others have said with your low pressures it may not respond with the small openings of the pillows. Works great with the nasal mask I've only had It not want to shut off twice, but it's not that hard to push the button off.
Sleep-well
Post Reply Post Reply
My computer does "smartstart" and "smartstop" too. It works great except for when it doesn't. Like starting up in the middle of the night, or smartstopping and going catatonic. I discovered this really cute little button I could simply push when I want my computer to start, and push again when I want it to stop. It works great. I think it's a great invention. I wish they had a really cute little button like that on the cpap machines......... Wouldn't that be smart?
Post Reply Post Reply
Maybe we should suggest that to Resmed. Big Grin
Post Reply Post Reply

Agree. I used a medium pillow with the Swift FX but have had the best results with the large P10 pillow. I started with the medium but it didn't feel like I was getting enough air so I switched and my data improved greatly.

(02-07-2015, 11:47 AM)PaulaO2 Wrote: The general rule of thumb with the P10 mask size is to use one up from the one that feels best in order to get the best seal.

I'm wondering if the diffuser of the P10 is confusing the machine which is why it is not until you remove it from the frame that it finally turns off. Regardless, I prefer to turn the machine off. It is quieter and immediate.

"Sometimes the magic works . . . and sometimes it doesn't" -- Chief Dan George in the movie Little Big Man
Post Reply Post Reply
I am also using Resmed S10 AutoSet, I had been using the full mask Quattro Air and I noticed fluctuation in my AHI from 4 to 0.8 while I used it for over a month. I decided to us the N10 Nasal Pillows and my AHI has dropped between 2.5 to 1 while I have been using it (One week now). However, since I changed from the Full Face mask to the Nasal pillows I also noticed that now the S10 does not shut-off automatically when I remove the Nasal Pillows. I did not have this problem while using the Full Face. Using the Full Face my pressure setting was 4 to 20 and EPR 3 and the ramp time 10. When I changed to the Nasal Pillows I had to change Start Pressure to 5 as using 4 did not get me enough air as I have a medium deviated septum. I use the N10 medium and it barely fits well, later I would like to try the large size. I lowered the ramp time to 5 and while using 5 to 20 pressure, I notice that pressure throughout the night goes between 6 to 9.5 but I feel better than while using full mask and lesser dry mouth problems, so far no major leak issues.

Nonetheless, I am also frustrated I have to manually shut off S10 when I remove the mask, even when I disconnect the N10 hose from the main hose, the unit stays on.

Post Reply Post Reply
If I remember correctly, somewhere in the documentation Resmed says that the auto on and off does not work with the nasal pillows. I also think that I remember that it works for some members and hopefully they will weigh in.

Best Regards,

PaytonA
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Dreamstation vs ResMed Airsense 10 AutoSet, I got to try both here's my thoughts Moonlight Graham 5 206 Today, 02:26 AM
Last Post: Hydrangea
  Noise level of Respironics Dreamstation vs Resmed Airsense 10 scottlink96 36 6,081 02-23-2017, 07:29 AM
Last Post: Newbee2016
  Bipap AVAPS problems samianwardcummings 2 74 02-22-2017, 11:22 AM
Last Post: Sleeprider
Gross [Equipment] Resmed N20 Nasal mask 217manor 10 504 02-21-2017, 02:13 AM
Last Post: 217manor
  ResMed AirFit N10 Soreness Help Effers 4 176 02-16-2017, 07:25 AM
Last Post: Effers
  nuance to Swift FX for her setting problems akdog30 11 269 02-11-2017, 11:18 AM
Last Post: Ghost1958
  How often to change P10 pillows Cranberry Ray 13 673 02-10-2017, 03:07 PM
Last Post: dogmuck