Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Problems with Flashair
Problems with Flashair
I am having problems with my flashair again.  This seems to be a new one, I get some intermittent transmissions here and there.  Most of time flashpap does not seem to be able to find the card. I have scanned the devices in the house and most of the time I can not find the flashair card.  I have pinged the address with no result   Here is my config file:

#Sun Oct 22 09:56:28 EDT 2017
DNSMODE=0
APPMODE=5
CID=02544d535731364740d5021579010c01
NOISE_CANCEL=0
APPNETWORKKEY=**********
PRODUCT=FlashAir
APPNAME=flashair
APPSSID=MBA
LOCK=1
APPAUTOTIME=0
VENDOR=TOSHIBA
CIPATH=/DCIM/100__TSB/FA000001.JPG
VERSION=FA9CAW3AW3.00.01

I had my computer worked on and replaced the mother board, the old wireless card was not compatible.  I currently use an USB device for wireless, the computer is hooked straight into the router as well.  Occasionally the card will transmit to the wireless usb and sometimes when I take the usb device out, I can access over the router, any one have any ideas?  I have had the card about 9 months.

Thanks
Mark
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: Problems with Flashair
I would suggest setting the FlashAir to a static IP address.  Here is a static configuration that works.

DHCP_Enabled=NO
IP_Address= Your IP Address
Subnet_Mask=255.255.255.0
APPMODE=5
APPNAME=FlashAIr
PRODUCT=FlashAir
VENDOR=TOSHIBA
APPSSID=Your Wireless AP's SSID (name) (Note: This value is case sensitive (e.g.: "Phrase" and "phrase" are are regarded as two different values)
LOCK=1
DNSMODE=1
APPAUTOTIME=0
COMMAND=fat cp /SD_WLAN/BCONFIG 1:/BCONFIG
MASTERCODE=Your Master Code 12 Hexadecimal Characters
UPLOAD=1
APPNETWORKKEY= Your Wireless AP's password Note: This is case sensitive too!
STA_RETRY_CT=0

Finally, you will have to replace the asterisks with the correct password in the APPNETWORKKEY parameter anytime you edit the CONFIG file. If you don't the SD card will try using the asterisks as the password and fail connecting.

I hope this may help.
Crimson Nape
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com
Attaching Images and Files on Apnea Board
Apnea Helpful Tips

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
Thanks Red,

Where would I find the mastercode?

Mark
Post Reply Post Reply
You can make it up.  Mine is 00223f032dca.   I can't remember if it was the card's default value or it was assigned by FlashPAP or Sleep Master.  Someone else here used 123456789abc.  

-Red
Crimson Nape
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com
Apnea Helpful Tips

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
thanks for all of your help Red
Post Reply Post Reply
still having problems, entered new config file

DHCP_Enabled=NO
IP_Address= 10.200.14.120
APPMODE=5
APPNAME=FlashAIr
PRODUCT=FlashAir
VENDOR=TOSHIBA
APPSSID=MBA
LOCK=1
DNSMODE=1
APPAUTOTIME=0
MASTERCODE=00223f032dca
UPLOAD=1
APPNETWORKKEY=12345aaaaa
STA_RETRY_CT=0
Same problems as before, however now I cant scan my network and find the flashair broadcasting at all, wondering if I need a new card?
Post Reply Post Reply
Can you connect to your FlashAir via your web browser?  Just type in the IP address 10.200.14.120 in the URL box.

Edit: I re-read your last post and see that I was reading "cant" as "can". What are your addresses for your gateway and the DHCP range?
Crimson Nape
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com
Apnea Helpful Tips

Post Reply Post Reply
I came up with some other questions while thinking about your problem.
  1. What Operating System are you using?
  2. Are you testing the card’s connectivity from the CPAP or your computer’s SD slot?
  3. What is the approximate distance between your CPAP and the access point?
  4. Are there any 2.4Ghz devices in between your CPAP and the access point (e.g.: microwave, 2.4Ghz wireless telephone base unit,  or 2.4Ghz home automation)?
  5. What data download program are you using, Sleep Master or FlashPAP?
Crimson Nape
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com
Apnea Helpful Tips

Post Reply Post Reply
(03-06-2018, 08:24 AM)silversnore Wrote: still having problems, entered new config file

DHCP_Enabled=NO
IP_Address= 10.200.14.120
APPMODE=5
APPNAME=FlashAIr
PRODUCT=FlashAir
VENDOR=TOSHIBA
APPSSID=MBA
LOCK=1
DNSMODE=1
APPAUTOTIME=0
MASTERCODE=00223f032dca
UPLOAD=1
APPNETWORKKEY=12345aaaaa
STA_RETRY_CT=0
Same problems as before, however now I cant scan my network and find the flashair broadcasting at all, wondering if I need a new card?

That is a weird IP address to assign to the card, did you get that from an IP search?  If you're on a router, the IP should be 192.168.X.Y, where X is 0, 1, or 2 depending on the router, and Y is within the range of 2-256 (anything other than 1, since the router will be 1).
Post Reply Post Reply
Not really. 10.0.0.0 – 10.255.255.255 is private along with 172.16.0.0 – 172.31.255.255 and 192.168.0.0 – 192.168.255.255. None of those are routable to WAN.
Using FlashAir W-03 SD card in machine. You can download your data through wifi with FlashPAP or Sleep Master utilities.

I wanted to learn Binary so I enrolled in Binary 101. I seemed to have missed the first four courses. Big Grinnie

Stick it to the man, Download OSCAR and take back control of your data!

Thanks Ian. Like I didn't have enough Honey-Do projects to tackle. Mornincoffee
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Version 1.5.2 Problems flipmike 10 360 04-02-2024, 06:48 PM
Last Post: flipmike
  [split] OSCAR v1.5.2 is Install Problems millerdq 1 157 03-27-2024, 03:29 PM
Last Post: LoudSnorer
  Flashair - Dreamstation -> Airsense 11 Autoset todivefor 14 740 02-28-2024, 07:22 PM
Last Post: Crimson Nape
  [split] FYSETC SD Wifi - Possible FlashAir Replacement Psikic 131 21,677 01-12-2024, 11:59 AM
Last Post: scowell
  Problems displaying graphs on Daily page SueB 4 599 11-14-2023, 08:05 PM
Last Post: SueB
  OSCAR Problems on Mac Sonoma 14.0 kenhh 6 1,115 11-05-2023, 01:40 AM
Last Post: WW4B
  FlashPAP - FlashAir WiFi SD card utility TiredToo 296 95,528 10-05-2023, 06:54 AM
Last Post: olddog27

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.