Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Problems with Lincare authorization to continue receiving supplies.
Problems with Lincare authorization to continue receiving supplies.
In November I called Lincare regarding the monthly BiPap supplies that I had not received and was told that there was a hold placed by my local Lincare out of Newburgh, NY.  I called that office and was informed that my insurance needed a reauthorization and Lincare needed the SD card from my machine.  I had been through this before and knew it would not go smoothly.  I sent the card via Priority Mail and never heard from the office.  I called two weeks later and was told there was no data on the card.  There was because I had put it through Sleepy Head before sending it.  They said they would try it again.  Meanwhile, I called Respironics about the software they were using and was assured that the software could read my data from my System One machine.  After several phone calls, they sent me a ResMed card, insisting the SD card I had was a problem.  The SD card was sent back with data and the story was the same. they could not generate a compliance report.  After a "discussion" I was told that putting in my computer was the problem, I tried to get the RRT on the other end to comprehend that was the card is in the locked position my computer cannot affect it.  She decided that the ResMed card was the problem and would send me another card, that was a week ago.  Today I receive an envelope that may have contained the card, but was empty due to being open on the right-hand side.  It looks like it may have jammed in the canceling machine.  I just sent a fax about this problem as getting someone to answer the phone is often difficult.  I have already had to pay for supplies on my own.

I went through this in 2015.  Here is the order of events then:  Card has incorrect data.  - New card sent to me and submitted again to Lincare.  - The RRT claims it was never received.  - I buy a new card and submit it again. - RRT states no data.  I then download Sleepy Head and using the original card I sent in which I had placed back in my System One, I resubmitted it and sent in the Sleepyhead report and miraculously they were able to generate their compliance report which my insurance company needed.  It took 4 mos. for me to get my supplies.  Of course, while this was going on I had to pay out of pocket for the supplies I needed.
The best part was that 3 months after this was settled I received an envelope from Lincare and the only thing inside was the SD card the RRT at the time claimed not to have received.  

Perturbed
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: Problems with Lincare authorization to continue receiving supplies.
Download Encore and print your own form, than send it to your insurance company in the future.
Download SleepyHead
Organize your Sleepyhead Charts
Posting Charts
Beginner's Guide to SleepyHead
Mask Primer
Advisory Members serve as an "Advisory Committee" to help shape Apnea Board's rules & policies.

Membership in the Advisory Members group does not imply medical expertise or qualification for advising Sleep Apnea patients concerning their treatment.

Post Reply Post Reply
Get away from lin-don't-care at the soonest possible time.
First Diagnosed July 1990

MSgt (E-7) USAF (Medic)
Retired 1968-1990
Post Reply Post Reply
(02-14-2018, 08:01 PM)Walla Walla Wrote: Download Encore and print your own form, than send it to your insurance company in the future.

Is there a version of Encore that works with Resmed?
-- Rich
Links to Download OSCAR here
OSCAR Installation and Setup

Using Attachments to Post Images on Apnea Board

INFORMATION ON FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.

Post Reply Post Reply
Encore is just for Respironics machines. For ResMed machines, you need ResScan.

how to get Encore for DreamStation: http://www.apneaboard.com/forums/Thread-...hines-only
Encore for other Respironics: http://www.apneaboard.com/forums/Thread-...hines-only

how to get ResScan: http://www.apneaboard.com/forums/Thread-...hines-only
PaulaO

Take a deep breath and count to zen.

Post Reply Post Reply
Sorry. I saw the Respironic's system one being talked about by the OP. That's why I mentioned Encore.
Download SleepyHead
Organize your Sleepyhead Charts
Posting Charts
Beginner's Guide to SleepyHead
Mask Primer
Advisory Members serve as an "Advisory Committee" to help shape Apnea Board's rules & policies.

Membership in the Advisory Members group does not imply medical expertise or qualification for advising Sleep Apnea patients concerning their treatment.

Post Reply Post Reply
Actually, in the OP's profile it does say: Machine: Res. System One 650

so Encore would be the proper software.
Post Reply Post Reply
Hi PastaKitty,
WELCOME! to the forum.! Hopefully, you will get the problem with getting your supplies resolved.
Good luck as you continue CPAP therapy.
trish6hundred
Post Reply Post Reply
Ahh... I was zoned on on the Resmed card
-- Rich
Links to Download OSCAR here
OSCAR Installation and Setup

Using Attachments to Post Images on Apnea Board

INFORMATION ON FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.

Post Reply Post Reply
The PRS1 650 is also compatible with Sleepyhead.
Sleeprider
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Organize your OSCAR Charts
Attaching Files
Mask Primer
How To Deal With Equipment Supplier

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  [CPAP] PRISMA SMART MAX PROBLEMS WITH SOFTPAP LEVEL 2 rretamalt 15 1,862 24 minutes ago
Last Post: Sleeprider
  Medicare Providers for Airmini Supplies knitsafghans 4 100 03-15-2024, 11:07 AM
Last Post: SarcasticDave94
  [Equipment] ResMed Airtouch F20 Cushion cleaning with drool problems. Funkmonkey 2 141 03-05-2024, 04:08 PM
Last Post: Funkmonkey
  Anything can be done for baby with breathing problems Ptee8899 3 212 02-11-2024, 11:30 PM
Last Post: eok361
  Changing CPAP Machine & DME/Insurance & Supplies StratCat48 3 253 02-10-2024, 06:19 PM
Last Post: Deborah K.
  Medicare & Re-Ordering Supplies oneeyeopen 12 833 02-07-2024, 08:10 PM
Last Post: Sleeprider
  [Equipment] Beginner Must Have Equipment/Supplies PoutinePrincess 7 362 02-07-2024, 03:10 PM
Last Post: HalfAsleep

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.