Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Problems with Lincare authorization to continue receiving supplies.
RE: Problems with Lincare authorization to continue receiving supplies.
As I have Empire BlueCross the only acceptable compliance report would be the one sent by Lincare.  I called Empire BlueCross today and spoke to an extremely helpful individual who intervened.  Lincare is sending a new SD card today vis UPS and my instructions are to put it in the machine and send it back.  I have been instructed not to check it on my computer.  I am going to comply and hopefully, they are able to generate the report.  The  Empire BlueCross representative said she would leave the case open and call me in two weeks to check that I have received my supplies.  

Other insurance companies may accept other forms, mine will not. Grrr.

If only I could.  They are the only paid provider my insurance company offers.
Post Reply Post Reply
(02-15-2018, 12:15 PM)PastaKitty Wrote: As I have Empire BlueCross the only acceptable compliance report would be the one sent by Lincare.  I called Empire BlueCross today and spoke to an extremely helpful individual who intervened.  Lincare is sending a new SD card today vis UPS and my instructions are to put it in the machine and send it back.  I have been instructed not to check it on my computer.  I am going to comply and hopefully, they are able to generate the report.  The  Empire BlueCross representative said she would leave the case open and call me in two weeks to check that I have received my supplies.  

Other insurance companies may accept other forms, mine will not. Grrr.

If only I could.  They are the only paid provider my insurance company offers.
Something is strange when they tell you specifically not to look at your card. when you take your card out of the machine, lock it so your computer can't write anything n it. then get the info into sleepyhead, take the card out and mail it in. lock the card by moving the slider to the opposite end of where it was when it came out of the machine. they can't tell if you looked at it. Trust, but verify. For future reference, know what was on the card.
First Diagnosed July 1990

MSgt (E-7) USAF (Medic)
Retired 1968-1990
Post Reply Post Reply
This type of DME dance gets trying on one's patience. Something smells a bit like incompetence somewhere in this process. I'd still be checking my SD card, recording it's data before sending it in. Guess I'm fortunate, my DME recovered data wirelessly. Hope this flawed process works better this time.

And welcome to Sanity Island otherwise called Apnea Board. We are a safety zone for patients that opposes the insanity involving apnea treatment. Coffee
INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEBSITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
They had no problem getting data from my card. However, I didn't mail it, I brought it in.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  [CPAP] PRISMA SMART MAX PROBLEMS WITH SOFTPAP LEVEL 2 rretamalt 16 1,872 2 hours ago
Last Post: motivationalGust
  Medicare Providers for Airmini Supplies knitsafghans 4 100 03-15-2024, 11:07 AM
Last Post: SarcasticDave94
  [Equipment] ResMed Airtouch F20 Cushion cleaning with drool problems. Funkmonkey 2 141 03-05-2024, 04:08 PM
Last Post: Funkmonkey
  Anything can be done for baby with breathing problems Ptee8899 3 212 02-11-2024, 11:30 PM
Last Post: eok361
  Changing CPAP Machine & DME/Insurance & Supplies StratCat48 3 253 02-10-2024, 06:19 PM
Last Post: Deborah K.
  Medicare & Re-Ordering Supplies oneeyeopen 12 835 02-07-2024, 08:10 PM
Last Post: Sleeprider
  [Equipment] Beginner Must Have Equipment/Supplies PoutinePrincess 7 362 02-07-2024, 03:10 PM
Last Post: HalfAsleep

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.