Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Problems with Resmed Autosense 10
RE: Problems with Resmed Autosense 10
On the Autoset machine the Therapy mode options are CPAP and Autoset. My best guess is that pholynyk is correct. You have the Elite CPAP, or possibly the CPAP model. You are are using Sleepyhead and seeing your data, then it is most likely the Elite. This is on the front of the machine, and if you posted data would be included in the summary data below the date.
Sleeprider
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Organize your OSCAR Charts
Attaching Files
Mask Primer
How To Deal With Equipment Supplier

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: Problems with Resmed AirSense 10
(04-11-2017, 08:59 AM)pholynyk Wrote: There seems to be some confusion created by the machine name in your profile. You describe it as a ResMed Autosense 10 --- but there is no such exact machine model. The The current Resmed line has two parts, the AirSense 10 and the AirCurve 10. The AirSense 10 machines are divided (currently, I think) into the 'CPAP', the 'Elite' and the 'Autoset'.

You can see which yours is by looking at the bottom right corner beside the humidifier tank --- what is the label underneath AirSense 10?

You are correct pholynyk,  the label in lower right corner next to the humidifier has AirSense 10, with CPAP under that.  I'll correct my profile to avoid confusion.
Since it's listed as CPAP, does that mean I can't change the mode from CPAP to AUTO.

Thanks for the reply,
Post Reply Post Reply
Your CPAP model, not only will not automatically change pressure, it is what we refer to as a "brick" in terms of data. It is a CPAP machine. It does not provide therapy feedback or any capability to self-adjust to your needs....sorry.
Sleeprider
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Attaching Files
Mask Primer

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
Well, I guess that settled that.  When I'm due for my next CPAP, I'll get the AUTOSET model or whatever the hot ticket is at the time. I'll come here to the forum for recommendations.
In the mean time, I've learned how to turn SmartStart off so the machine isn't as likely to shut off on me; and to set and adjust the EPR, which I found very beneficial to my sleep comfort.
I also found a good forum that I can look to for good information on using a CPAP and some good software to keep up with my machine,
So, I just want to say Thank You to all that have replied to my questions and that I appreciate your suggestions.
Thanks,
Lawrence Perry
Post Reply Post Reply
lbperry,
How long have you had this Cpap?  If you haven't used it for very long, you might be able to swap it out for a data capable machine, preferably an auto set.  He could write you a new script stating the exact machine type.

Here is a link that will show you some of the machines available and which to avoid.

http://www.apneaboard.com/wiki/index.php...ne_Choices
OpalRose
Apnea Board Administrator
www.apneaboard.com

Soft Cervical Collar
Optimizing therapy
OSCAR supported machines
Mask Primer

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE.  ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA.  INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
Thanks for the reply, OpalRose.  I've had this one for a couple of years so I'm well beyond the swap it for another one stage, I'm afraid.
But I will keep up with this forum and use the excellent good/bad link that you posted when I get the opportunity for a new one.  The doctor would wite me a prescription for about anything I ask for I believe;  it's just the Medicare restriction that holds up an earlier change-over.
Thanks for the info.
Lawrence
Post Reply Post Reply
LP it's not the end of the world not to have full data. You seem to get decent treatment and rest. For new users, data can provide a lot of reinforcement to keep them working to improve, and understand the benefits of the therapy. For those of us that have been around the block, it makes us aware of any changes that might otherwise go unnoticed. I think you'd enjoy an upgrade just because it puts you in control of your own therapy. Lack of data is like being sick and not having a thermometer; you just don't quite know where you stand, or if you're as good as you can be. Once you've had a machine with data you may not look at it for weeks or longer, but it's there if you ever want or need to know. For new users, it can make the difference of being a participant in the therapy or a bystander. The biggest problem with lack of data, is if there is a problem, it can take a sleep study worth $$Thousand$$ rather than the data that costs $200 more to get in the first place.
Sleeprider
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Attaching Files
Mask Primer

Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  [CPAP] PRISMA SMART MAX PROBLEMS WITH SOFTPAP LEVEL 2 rretamalt 18 2,010 03-19-2024, 06:17 PM
Last Post: motivationalGust
  [Equipment] ResMed Airtouch F20 Cushion cleaning with drool problems. Funkmonkey 2 169 03-05-2024, 04:08 PM
Last Post: Funkmonkey
  Anything can be done for baby with breathing problems Ptee8899 3 222 02-11-2024, 11:30 PM
Last Post: eok361
  Resmed 37028 Autosense Whines SleepHungry 18 933 11-24-2023, 01:54 PM
Last Post: UnicornRider
  Positional Apnea Problems ggibson 13 1,842 11-20-2023, 07:28 AM
Last Post: Jarlo
  CPAP since March 22, still dealing with aerophagia, wakings, and heart rate problems manacles 16 2,568 10-01-2023, 11:16 PM
Last Post: manacles
  CPAP Problems for People with Large Lung Capacity? AquaMan 7 999 09-17-2023, 03:32 PM
Last Post: quiescence at last

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.