Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Problems with SP02 Assistant v 3.0.4 not recognising Oximeter Contect CMS50E
Problems with SP02 Assistant v 3.0.4 not recognising Oximeter Contect CMS50E
Good evening 

I have been trying to transfer data from a new Contec CMS 50E recording oximeter.  

The unit came with a disc of what appears to be an older version of SP02 Assistant  - in fact two programs -> 
- SP02 Review V 1.5 
- and SP02 manager v 1.5  

My device connects to these and the recorded data WILL download into SP02 Review v 1.5

However my understanding is that the latest version of Contec SP02 Assistant is V 3.0.4 (if you go to the Contec site it offers to download v 3.0.4). So I assume i should be able to connect to my device. That version offers more features - looks like the data can be viewed in different ways.

No matter what I do the SP02 Assistant v 3.0.4 will not see my device. Even when used on the same machine where SP02 Review V 1.5 does see it. 

PC is windows 10. Firmware on the CMS 50E is ver 6.6R

Does anyone have any experience of this software and can advise? Advice would be much appreciated.
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: Problems with SP02 Assistant v 3.0.4 not recognising Oximeter Contect CMS50E
I had the same issue with my CMS 50-F and resolved it by uninstalling both versions completely and then reinstalling the latest version again.  Do you have the Bluetooth model and is the feature switched on?

You might find this information helpful ... Commercial Link Removed. Instead, google search healthcare4home.  Search Knowledge Base...Product Support...
for article "Connection Issues with Silicon Labs CP201X."

-----
Moderator Action: Link Removed

To maintain our status as an educational organization, the only commercial links allowed in this forum are to CPAP-related manufacturer websites.  This is stated in the Apnea Board Rules with details given in the Commercial Links Policy section.

-----
"The object in life is not to be on the side of the majority, but to escape finding oneself in the ranks of the insane." -- Marcus Aurelius
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: Problems with SP02 Assistant v 3.0.4 not recognising Oximeter Contect CMS50E
Thanks for your suggestion - I had already uninstalled completely and re-installed (including drivers) and on two windows machines. Behaviour is the same on both. Just no visibility of the device in SP02 Assistant v 3.0.4 when plugged in.

I have CMS50E set to USB "on".

Sadly I don't have the bluetooth version which I understand is easier to use.
Post Reply Post Reply
I think you need version 2 of spo2 assistant for that device ?
Post Reply Post Reply
Thanks - I am inclined to agree that the latest version of SP02 Assistant is not meant to work with this device - I can get what I want from an older version. I did want to explore a better version.

So I think my question is answered, thanks for your replies,
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  OSCAR not recognising SD card data from BMC alid 4 39 8 hours ago
Last Post: alid
  [split] OSCAR v1.5.2 is Install Problems millerdq 1 62 03-27-2024, 03:29 PM
Last Post: LoudSnorer
  Is there a solution to read out the newer versions of the Contect CMS50F under Linux? Mast04 10 815 03-25-2024, 08:46 PM
Last Post: Pierelly
  csv-converter for like nx-8462 oximeter capman 1 151 03-15-2024, 04:45 AM
Last Post: capman
  thumbdrive-oximeter-format-analysis capman 6 200 03-15-2024, 04:29 AM
  CMS50F Oximeter Device not Recognized. ThinMountainAir 20 2,419 03-07-2024, 05:13 PM
  csv-format for generic oximeter imports into oscar capman 2 160 03-07-2024, 07:06 AM

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.