Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Anderson5420's OSCAR Data
RE: Anderson5420's OSCAR Data
I am really slipping. I had no idea the P10 was being sold with an adjustable head gear. Looking forward to the improvement. They finally did what I have been doing for 2-years, using the N30 headgear.
Sleeprider
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Organize your OSCAR Charts
Attaching Files
Mask Primer
How To Deal With Equipment Supplier

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
(09-11-2021, 06:51 PM)SarcasticDave94 Wrote: OK, if mask comfort is acceptable, I can't see any needs that require attention. This adjustable mask headgear seems to have improved leak rates substantially.

Yes, and I bumped the EPAP from 5 to 6, and look at the results - AHI 0, no hypopneas, as predicted! 95% leak rate 21.6, over eight and a half hours of sleep.  Probably no screenshot for tonight, it is bowel prep for tomorrow's colonoscopy - I know, TMI, but it has to be done. Thanks, all! I will keep posting screenshots for a while, but I sure think I am on the right course now!

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Pat Anderson
Happily retired in Birch Bay, WA
Blog: http://daydreamsloop.blogspot.com
Post Reply Post Reply
Excellent results, and hopefully feels better. I think we have been looking at this bump in EPAP for a while. Glad it appears to work.
Sleeprider
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Organize your OSCAR Charts
Attaching Files
Mask Primer
How To Deal With Equipment Supplier

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
Just curious, what could those spikes in flow limitation be caused by? They seem to go away immediately. Is that just how the ASV works? I'm just curious and not trying to say anything.
Post Reply Post Reply
I'm thinking it's likely typical flow limits but ASV isn't going after flow limits so they're probably going to be present.
INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEBSITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
Just cruising along. Now I am disappointed if my OA and UA are not both zero! 95% leak rate (16.8 last night) is consistently below the Resmed leak readline. One change, I have stopped putting water in the water reservoir and been using the regular tubing instead of the Climateline. I really don't notice any difference. I should probably change those settings to turn climate control off.

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Pat Anderson
Post Reply Post Reply
Not bad at all there, Pat. Leaks are there, but no suggestion to act on it. 95% was 16.x Big improvement.

How do you feel with this?

Don't follow the rabbit trail of zero means best. I had very high CA during the diagnosic that got me to ASV, and yet when using it if I had an OSCAR chart with 3 AHI or less I was OK. I just don't want you fixated on zero. Really all looks very good now. Congrats.
INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEBSITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
(09-13-2021, 04:02 PM)blancobonzo Wrote: Just curious, what could those spikes in flow limitation be caused by? They seem to go away immediately. Is that just how the ASV works? I'm just curious and not trying to say anything.

I don't have a clue, maybe somebody else can explain that.
Pat Anderson
Post Reply Post Reply
(09-26-2021, 12:11 PM)SarcasticDave94 Wrote: Not bad at all there, Pat. Leaks are there, but no suggestion to act on it. 95% was 16.x Big improvement.

How do you feel with this?

Don't follow the rabbit trail of zero means best. I had very high CA during the diagnosic that got me to ASV, and yet when using it if I had an OSCAR chart with 3 AHI or less I was OK. I just don't want you fixated on zero. Really all looks very good now. Congrats.

Thanks, Dave. I am really happy with my results. The AirCurve 10 and the P10 nasal pillow mask with the adjustable straps really seem to be doing it for me!
Pat Anderson
Post Reply Post Reply
Ok that great.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  First night CPAP + OSCAR data Ostrich 1 40 1 hour ago
Last Post: Ostrich
  oscar data sleeper2460 0 57 Yesterday, 09:13 AM
Last Post: sleeper2460
  New user OSCAR data after one week Everlong 2 108 03-26-2024, 09:04 AM
Last Post: Everlong
  Current OSCAR Data Tylermdugan 0 72 03-26-2024, 07:06 AM
Last Post: Tylermdugan
  Need help with OSCAR data Abhi 5 406 03-26-2024, 05:31 AM
Last Post: BigWing
  First night done, now what? (OSCAR data attached) Stephaniea0213 5 150 03-20-2024, 02:35 PM
Last Post: Sleeprider
  New to CPAP Titration Study and OSCAR Data Help Needed slowmoto 2 149 03-20-2024, 01:24 PM
Last Post: slowmoto

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.