Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Problems with first hour
Problems with first hour
I have very few events except for first hour of sleep and somewhat with the hour before waking. This happens most nights but sometimes not? What could be causing this? I concerns me because sometimes this gives me sub 88% O2 sat for over five minutes. Last  I had 7 minutes sub 88.

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Post Reply Post Reply
RE: Problems with first hour
RLSdss,
May I suggest using the key combination of Alt+PrintScreen for a screen capture.  This will only capture the active program window. . . Any window that is not grayed out.

I hope this may help.
Crimson Nape
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com
Attaching Images and Files on Apnea Board
Apnea Helpful Tips

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
Those events are frequently when you are awake, either falling asleep or waking up.
Post Reply Post Reply
I understand that but my O2 sat. being below 88% for more than 5min is not healthy. Medicare will pay  Oxygen generator if O2 sat is below this level for only five minutes the whole night,
Post Reply Post Reply
I would take those results to your doctor and discuss. There are several here that use O2 with their CPAP.
Post Reply Post Reply
You have an ASV, I suspect it is in the settings, going by the flow rate charts. The machine is trying to get the pressure up and treat them, but is being restricted.

does sleepyhead work with the respironics asv?
mask fit http://www.apneaboard.com/wiki/index.php...ask_Primer
For auto-cpap, from machine data or software. You can set the min pressure 1 or 2cm below 95%. Or clinicians commonly use the maximum or 95% pressure for fixed pressure CPAP, this can also be used for min pressure.
https://aasm.org/resources/practiceparam...rating.pdf
Post Reply Post Reply
I agree with ajack on this one. If your settings are EPAP 9-11 cm with PS 2-11 and IPAP max 19, you will run out of pressure support too soon. Your 90% EPAP is 9.9 which leaves only 9-cm of potential pressure support to resolve hypopnea and centrals. Given the fact you still have obstructive apnea, you probably need higher EPAP and certainly need more PS to resolve the apnea and hypopnea, A collar may help with obstruction, but if not, then EPAP is the tool for that, and you still need up to PS 12 when a central of hypopnea occurs. By my calculations, you need at least IPAP max 23, even if you don't increase EPAP.
Sleeprider
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Organize your OSCAR Charts
Attaching Files
Mask Primer
How To Deal With Equipment Supplier

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
Sleepyhead does not work with ASV. If you look at the detail chart their is room for the pressure to go higher.
Post Reply Post Reply
Will try new settings tonight and let you know what happens.
Post Reply Post Reply
Your detail chart shows the maximum PS (blue shading) is flattened out against the 19 cm pressure limit throughout the event clusters. You need a higher Pmax.
Sleeprider
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Organize your OSCAR Charts
Attaching Files
Mask Primer
How To Deal With Equipment Supplier

Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Acid problems and pressure build up in mouth Hurdsy 1 58 Yesterday, 10:07 AM
Last Post: HalfAsleep
  Anything can be done for baby with breathing problems Ptee8899 2 347 04-09-2024, 05:57 AM
Last Post: OpalRose
  Help to interpret "Events per Hour" data Fritz1255 1 148 03-30-2024, 12:23 PM
Last Post: Deborah K.
  [CPAP] PRISMA SMART MAX PROBLEMS WITH SOFTPAP LEVEL 2 rretamalt 18 2,172 03-19-2024, 06:17 PM
Last Post: motivationalGust
  [Equipment] ResMed Airtouch F20 Cushion cleaning with drool problems. Funkmonkey 2 227 03-05-2024, 04:08 PM
Last Post: Funkmonkey
  Events per hour Trouthead 3 284 02-02-2024, 05:55 PM
Last Post: PeaceLoveAndPizza
  Dreamstation 2 shuts off every hour. ekirtz 49 4,166 01-07-2024, 03:49 AM
Last Post: AussieBobJ

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.