Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

[Product Review] Adjustable bed frame(s)
Adjustable bed frame(s)
Spring of 2019 we purchased a double adjustable bed base frame primarily to help my degenerative disk diseased spine..

It/they fit inside the king size bed we had been using so it was a quick and easy conversion.
I'm using a Purple 3 mattress and I love it. Wife has a more conventional pillow-top.

This has made an amazing improvement in my/our comfort level. I started with the preprogrammed "zero gravity" position and then increased the angle of the back (to about 40 degrees) and then saved that position to a programmable button in the wireless remote. Wife uses a much less aggressive position.

I now sleep 100% on my back. Prior, due to long term OSA, I would roll over onto my stomach wreaking all manner of havoc with my lower spine, neck, and GERD.. (turning the head tightens the tissues reducing OAS)
Due to the angle of the back I now have a very low AHI (0.4) and GERD is much reduced. My lower spine is much happier also.

It has an under bed lighting system which is only used when vacuuming but it does make a nice nightlight should the need arise.
Has vibrator motors which I originally saw as a gimmick but now we use them almost every night. The vibrators really do sooth on difficult nights.
Has USB charging ports but IMHO bed is for two things and electronics is not one of them.

IF I had it to do over I would have spent the  extra money for a version with the adjustable head tilt section AND the wall hugger feature. We don't have the head tilt so I must find a pillow that supports my neck against my Hashimoto's and without the wall hugger and with the back tilted up it is difficult to reach my side table.

We love our adjustable beds and we are both using CPAP. The models with all the toys and whistles is double what we paid but in retrospect I wish I had gone ahead and spent the money. Should finance ever permit I will replace with the upgraded model and move our current bed to a guest room.
Of course any guests may never leave Laugh-a-lot
I use my PAP machine nightly and I feel great!
Updated: Philips Respironics System One (60 Series)
RemStar BiPAP Auto with Bi-FlexModel 760P -
Rise Time x3 Fixed Bi-Level EPAP 9.0 IPAP 11.5 (cmH2O)
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: Adjustable bed frame(s)
Sounds nice, Mark. I hope it helps you get the sleep needed. Back issues are real pains, with mine being so bad I had to get a scripted hospital bed from a DME. Mine is a Drive Medical brand semi-electric which means the head and foot adjust via a wired remote. Bed height is via Model T starter crank. I also get Level 2 style Drive Medical air mattress with Alternating Pressure, Low Air Loss, and a Defined Perimeter. Not too ironic, the bed and mattress are rented from the DME. If medical necessity demands I have it long enough, it's mine at probably a year.
INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEBSITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.