Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

[Product Review] Somnetics Transcend CPAP
RE: Somnetics Transcend CPAP
I've used the Transcend with and without the heat moisture exchange. ..aka waterless humidification. But..I'm using it in a sleeper berth equipped semi truck. The ambient air is bone dry so I need humidification.

You can preload the hme filter with a little bit of clean water. It helps.

How long the battery lasts depends on your pressure. If you read the fine print pressure above 16 you'll need the bigger 16 hr
battery for 8 hrs of sleep. I started with the 8hr battery but had to upgrade to the big battery.

Would like to hear if anyone has any experience with the solar charger?
(Just a truck driver with sleep apnea )
Post Reply Post Reply
Hi all. Been using a ResMed S9 for years, and decided that with all my travelling around for work, the Trancend mini would be the go. 
Didn't bother with the Auto, but probably would if I could do it again. 

Very impressed. 

Price. Was comparatively cheap, until I started adding extras.

Noise. The machine is quiet, but the air is noisy-ish through the ResMed nasal pillows. Apparently this is normal for travel cpaps and is reduced with the humidifier station.

Size. Everything fits in the bag including the battery and the bag is small. It's great for traveling. 

Settings. I have it set on the same settings as my S9 and really don't see much difference. 

Great for camping. I spent 2 weeks in a truck camping and fishing, and just the solar kept the P8 battery charged just fine. Easily get 2 nights out of it. 

It does have a smell, but it fades. 

Love it. 
Perfectly effective and awesome for camping.
Post Reply Post Reply
I have the transcend auto and did not care for it. I do not use it any more for travel.
The size was great, easy enough to set up but it always smelled like burning plastic  to me and I had one replaced,  same issue.

Also the mask that I use with my S9 was very noisy on the transcend; I assume maybe due to smaller diameter hose?

I bought a dreamstation GO instead and while a bit larger does not have the isseus that the Trasnsend had for me.

I should list in on Craigs list I hardly ever used it.

[Image: oh-jeez.gif]
Post Reply Post Reply
I was thinking of getting a Transcend for travel... is that what you use it for?
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  [Product Review] Transcend EZEX CPAP Eleong2 11 18,852 07-04-2015, 04:46 PM
Last Post: Eleong2
  [Product Review] Transcend travel Apap review Sinkiller 4 15,525 09-19-2014, 01:46 PM
Last Post: Eleong2
  [Product Review] [split] Transcend Auto Travel CPAP Machine with EZEX sjssf 1 8,719 05-08-2014, 03:41 PM
Last Post: SuperSleeper

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.