Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

[Product Review] AirFit™ N20 Nasal CPAP Mask with Headgear
RE: AirFit™ N20 Nasal CPAP Mask with Headgear
As a PSA, I just learned on another thread that the suggested machine mask setting for the N10 is "Pillows."

So I just checked the official ResMed user guide and it's the same: Pillows.

I'm stunned, as I've been using my N20 in the wrong mode for months. Who knew?

Mask setting options For AirSense, AirCurve and S9: Select 'Pillows'. 

For other devices: Select 'SWIFT' (if available), otherwise select 'MIRAGE' as the mask option.

https://www.resmed.com/us/dam/documents/...er_eng.pdf

Bill
Post Reply Post Reply
Interesting. I never knew this. I'll change mine now.
Post Reply Post Reply
I have an N20 on trial with the large headgear. I've used a Dreamwear and have had 5 of them.
The N20 is much better for me than DreamWear.
There is less leakage.

I had tried an F20 but had massive leaks.
DaveL
compliant for 35 years /// Still trying!

I'm just a cpap user like you. I don't give medical advice. Seek the advice of a physician before seeking treatment for medical conditions including sleep apnea. Sleep-well

http://www.apneaboard.com/wiki/index.php..._The_Guide

Post Reply Post Reply
Mogulman, I moved your post to its own thread in the Main Forum where you will get more assistance. This section of the forum is for Reviews.

http://www.apneaboard.com/forums/Thread-...20-fitting
PaulaO

Take a deep breath and count to zen.

Post Reply Post Reply
(10-05-2017, 09:39 PM)DaveL Wrote: I have an N20 on trial with the large headgear.  I've used a Dreamwear and have had 5 of them.  
The N20 is much better for me than DreamWear.  
There is less leakage.  

I had tried an F20 but had massive leaks.

I've used this mask for about 10 days, with my chinstrap which I put on first. 

I'm getting the best sleep I've had in years

I am surprised the N10 is rated as a Pillows mask, and this is too

I'll change the settings on my ResMed S9 tonight before I sleep.

The setting suggestions that came with my N20 appear to be for a newer machine than mine.

I've had a growth under my nostril since I had a Wisp. I've had 4 DreamWear masks since then. Near the end of the last DreamWears use this swelling started to bleed daily.  I'm happy to say the N20 is more comfortable, and the sore is shrinking.  I'm so happy!
DaveL

I'm just a cpap user like you. I don't give medical advice. Seek the advice of a physician before seeking treatment for medical conditions including sleep apnea. Sleep-well

Post Reply Post Reply
Headgear is comfortable and easy to use
Mask disconnects quickly for those needed trips to the loo

Bleed off port could be quieter.  This affects my wife.

This is one of the most comfortable and stable masks I've had, and I move around a lot when sleeping.  Others move all over my face!

I use a chinstrap.  Surely there is a better way to keep my mouth closed.  

I've been compliant for 25 years.  This is my favourite mask yet
DaveL

Post Reply Post Reply
I have had this for 9 months and love it most of the time. I suffer from pollen allergies and several times a year I have to switch to a F&P Simplus FFM. I
         I totally hate the strap I have to have to keep my mouth closed but this mask is extremely comfortable and doesn't shift when I flop like a fish. 

fyi....I have used the mask, I think, too long a couple of times where it gets super soft and leaks a bit more than normal. Seems it will last around 3 months before that happens. (just my testing, supplier recommends monthly replacement). Still on the original strap and frame but I have a spare, the way it looks I should get a years use out of it at least.
Post Reply Post Reply
I had been using the Wisp mask for several years and found it to be comfortable and almost always came in under 1.0 with my sleep events . Liked the look of the new N 20 Mask with the quick release similar to the Wisp and the magnetic clips, used it for the 1st time last night and really liked the feel and the so minimal leaks...............however the bloody thing is far noisier than the Wisp mask where the air vents from, surely an improvement Resmed could make would be the use of a diffuser set up similar to the F & P Pilairo Mask which I found to be a good mask but unfortunately with prolonged use the pillows irritated the skin inside my nostrils .
Post Reply Post Reply
(11-20-2017, 09:14 PM)Mutineer Wrote: I had been using the Wisp mask for several years and found it to be comfortable and almost always came in under 1.0 with my sleep events . Liked the look of the new N 20 Mask with the quick release similar to the Wisp and the magnetic clips, used it for the 1st time last night and really liked the feel and the so minimal leaks...............however the bloody thing is far noisier than the Wisp mask where the air vents from, surely an improvement Resmed could make would be the use of a diffuser  set up similar to the F & P Pilairo Mask which I found to be a good mask but unfortunately with prolonged use the pillows irritated the skin  inside my nostrils .
Interesting!  I had several Wisp masks.  I developed a sore under my nostril that sometimes bleeds.  It is still with me after 4 Dreamwear masks.  The N20 is noisier.  I'm grateful it fits me better than those other masks.  My nose is finally healing.
I tried the F20. It leaked like crazy
DaveL

Post Reply Post Reply
I have been using the AirFit N20 for about 6 weeks.  When moving to my sides, it doesn’t leak, a big improvement over others tried.  Smile   

One concern though.  The AirFit N20 leaves dents in my cheeks from the headgear.  I have adjusted/loosened the straps of the headgear, but still get these dents in my face, which last for many hours, and am a little concerned this may become permanent.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  [Product Review] Resmed Airfit P30i Nasal Pillows Mask lab rat 45 25,216 03-21-2024, 07:11 AM
Last Post: jdavis
  [Product Review] ResMed AirFit F30i Full Face Mask plakky 6 6,462 12-23-2023, 08:31 PM
Last Post: DancesWithCats
  [Product Review] AirFit P10 versus DreamWear cmk17 22 35,437 11-28-2023, 06:01 PM
Last Post: Kathy14225
  [Product Review] ResMed N30 Nasal Mask Review (not the N30i) AndyB 17 10,451 02-20-2023, 06:22 PM
Last Post: getzall
  [Product Review] Resmed AirFit P10 eviltim 190 124,860 11-30-2022, 12:40 AM
Last Post: WakeUpTime
  [Product Review] ResMed AirFit F30 Full Face Mask Coffee Man 39 23,290 05-08-2022, 01:55 PM
Last Post: drmaestro
  [Product Review] ResMed AirFit N30i Coffee Man 39 25,617 02-27-2022, 09:46 PM
Last Post: DaveL

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.