Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

[Product Review] AirFit™ N20 Nasal CPAP Mask with Headgear
RE: AirFit™ N20 Nasal CPAP Mask with Headgear
I picked an N20 Monday and have used it for the last 4 nights. My initial impression is that I like it a lot better than the Pico. It's much much quieter and it seals a lot better for me.
Post Reply Post Reply
Dreaming of Sleeping, 

Consider looking at the Pad A Cheek site.  They offer solutions to prevent marks. mask liners.  strap pads

I get marks too.  They are almost gone in two hours. 

My marks are worse because I use a chin strap. I wish I didn't have to.  Mouth breathing.
DaveL
compliant for 35 years /// Still trying!

I'm just a cpap user like you. I don't give medical advice. Seek the advice of a physician before seeking treatment for medical conditions including sleep apnea. Sleep-well

http://www.apneaboard.com/wiki/index.php..._The_Guide

Post Reply Post Reply
DaveL,  Thanks, I actually ordered from the Pad A Cheek website and tried this last night.  No more dents in my cheeks and soft and comfortable.  Glad I didn't give up on the N20 nasal mask.
Post Reply Post Reply
Re: the vent noise - it's possible to have the short hose attached but only partially.  Pinch both sides, wiggle it and make sure it's clipped in completely.

I tried a soft cervical collar a few nights ago instead of my chinstrap, and it seemed to work fine.  No puffing.
Post Reply Post Reply
Are you sure the short hose is completely clipped into the nose piece? It's possible to clip it partially in at a slight angle, and if you do it will make noise. If the hose is clipped in correctly the diffuser isn't noisy.
Post Reply Post Reply
I've been using the Wisp, and like it.  Today I received the Airfit N20 I ordered, and think I may like it even better than the Wisp.

The N20 cushion has wider edges than the Wisp's - the inside opening is smaller for a M N20 versus a L Wisp cushion (which is the normal size Wisp cushion).   The inside floor of the Wisp cushion is about level with the bottom of the cushion opening, whereas the floor of the N20 cushion interior is lower than the bottom of the cushion opening.  So the N20 cushion can fit up against the bottom of the nose and still leave interior room below the nose for airflow up into the nostrils.

The non-adjustable, head encircling portion of the medium N20 headgear is larger than that on the medium Wisp headgear.  I needed to buy a large size headgear for the Wisp but not for the N20.

The diffuser of the N20 is quiet, and basically the same multiple hole design as the Wisp's.  But the N20 diffuser blows directly away from the face while the Wisp's exhaust is angled slightly upward.  

The N20's short hose is lighter and shorter than that of the Wisp.  Both hoses can rotate in the mask nosepiece and can be quick released from it.  The N20's release and re-insertion is a bit fussier than the Wisp's - if the mask is noisy, the hose is probably not clipped in completely.

The N20 has secure lower strap clips that are guided into position by magnets - very nice.  The Wisp has good, but fussier, clips that can seem counterintuitive to attach while the mask is on the face, and it can take a bit more juggling of the entire mask to get things on and centered.

I'm a mostly side sleeper and think both are good masks.  I keep my Dreamwear mask just for an extra. Although the minimal contact surface, top connection and extra top exhaust vent of the Dreamwear are excellent features, the occasional shifting and leaking, and the air noise being transmitted through the side tubes and then through my head, are tradeoffs that I don't like.
Post Reply Post Reply
Sorry, I need to make a correction. I was comparing a large Wisp cushion to a medium N20, When comparing with the S/M Wisp cushion, it's apparent that the Wisp cushion has thinner and stiffer cushion sides - although the opening looks slightly larger than the N20, it gives less when you put it on and feels a bit more constricting on the sides of the nostrils. The N20 cushion area flexes more and allows the nose to feel less pinched by the sides. Thus the Wisp cushion is a bit harder to fit - for me, the S/M feels a bit constricting while the L is a bit sloppy. The M of the N20 is more conforming because of the way the cushion is designed and fits itself to the nose more easily and comfortably.
Also, I should have said that the diffuser of the Wisp blows upward, not at an angle.
Sorry for the errors in my post above.
Post Reply Post Reply
After first night with the N20 - good results. Slept through the night without bathroom break, vivid dreaming, feel more rested, and with a modest although not outstanding AHI (3.0) but VERY low 90% pressure (7.0 cm). No leaks, and no shifting of nose cushion position.

Another positive about this mask: the footprint of the back of the headgear is smaller than the Wisp's. No pressure on the neck vertebrae.
Post Reply Post Reply
I found that I was having a problem with the Airfit N20.  I like the nose cushion, but the headgear straps are not very stretchy, and this causes them to shift as you move around on the pillow, unless you tighten them to an uncomfortable level, which isn't a solution.  And, like with the Wisp, the standard headgear seems to run small - on both of these masks the top straps have no extra to play with when I position the cushion correctly over my nose.  But at least the Wisp headgear is stretchier than the N20's.  I had purchased a large headgear for the Wisp, so I put together a hybrid.....the large, and more elastic, Wisp headgear with, instead, the magnetic N20 clips attached, and then combined with the N20 front piece and cushion.  Presto.  This combines the best features of both masks - the nicely fitting N20 cushion, it's handy magnetic-assist clips, it's lightweight hose with forward-directed diffuser, and the Wisp's stretchy and comfortable, large size headgear with the top loop for holding the hose in a top of head connection position to the main hose.  The top of head connection, used with a hose hanger, is no more difficult to disconnect for a bathroom break than the N20's fussy hose to mask connection anyway, so this is a good trade-off.  You get the benefit of eliminating hose issues without the side tube noise and leakage issues of, say, a dreamwear mask.
Post Reply Post Reply
I moved the "compare to Mirage FX" posts to a new thread in the Main Forum. This is the Review Forum and we try to keep as much discussion out of here and on the Main Forum where everyone will benefit.

You will find the new thread here:
http://www.apneaboard.com/forums/Thread-...-Mirage-FX
PaulaO

Take a deep breath and count to zen.

Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  [Product Review] Resmed Airfit P30i Nasal Pillows Mask lab rat 45 24,691 03-21-2024, 07:11 AM
Last Post: jdavis
  [Product Review] ResMed AirFit F30i Full Face Mask plakky 6 6,301 12-23-2023, 08:31 PM
Last Post: DancesWithCats
  [Product Review] AirFit P10 versus DreamWear cmk17 22 35,153 11-28-2023, 06:01 PM
Last Post: Kathy14225
  [Product Review] ResMed N30 Nasal Mask Review (not the N30i) AndyB 17 10,224 02-20-2023, 06:22 PM
Last Post: getzall
  [Product Review] Resmed AirFit P10 eviltim 190 124,148 11-30-2022, 12:40 AM
Last Post: WakeUpTime
  [Product Review] ResMed AirFit F30 Full Face Mask Coffee Man 39 22,817 05-08-2022, 01:55 PM
Last Post: drmaestro
  [Product Review] ResMed AirFit N30i Coffee Man 39 25,069 02-27-2022, 09:46 PM
Last Post: DaveL

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.