Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

[Product Review] AirFit™ N20 Nasal CPAP Mask with Headgear
RE: AirFit™ N20 Nasal CPAP Mask with Headgear
I have used the N20 for about 9 months and was always happy with it.  Hope you will find it comfortable as well

I just bought the N30i and find that I like it even better than the N20.  Only used it for a week and get great seal and low AHI.  Very comfortable to wear and rather minimalist on the front so viewing tv is much better.  Also I like that the air hose sits on top or you head—no more occasional   Hose around the neck syndrome—LOL

Good luck to you
Post Reply Post Reply
I have recently changed from the F20 to the N20 after I had a test N10 unit for a week. Honestly I should have asked for the N10 but rather though the newer version would be a smarter device . Although the N20 quite comfortable for any sleep position the wind blowing out from it puts a damper on my nights. I almost never turn around at night to face my husband as the wind will surely keep him awake. I dont know. I am considering the N30 but it's not available in South Africa and I already spend so much money in the last 6 months that I'm kinda stuck with the 1st 2 masks I have now.
Post Reply Post Reply
Been on APNEA therapy for over 10 years. Got a new DremStation S/T BIPAP and N20 mask about 6 weeks ago.  Have really tried to like the new mask - it's light, it's easy to remove and install in the dark and it's comfortable.  Have used both small and medium cushions, tried readjusting the headgear, but can't get it to stop leaking (and making crude sounds) when I try to lay on my side to sleep.  The only time it stops leaking (most of the time) is when I lay on my back.  I've even trimmed my mustache down away from my nose hoping that would help.  All I got for that was my wife asking, "What happened to your mustache?"  For the time being, I've put the N20 aside and gone back to my old faithful, ResMed Mirage SoftGel that I've used for years.  Would really like to make the N20 work.  Anybody got any suggestions please let me know. Dont-know
Post Reply Post Reply
Anybody know why the N20 has small holes at the elbow and continually vents? What is the purpose of that?
Post Reply Post Reply
So you won't rebreathe your CO2.
Crimson Nape
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com
Attaching Images and Files on Apnea Board
Apnea Helpful Tips

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
Every cushion has vent holes of some design, for exhalation to escape.
The jet of air can be annoying and disturb your sleep.  I wear long sleeves and soft fabric gloves to keep it off of my skin.
Post Reply Post Reply
Okay, I never knew that. My first mask was the P10 and never noticed any air coming out of that one.
Post Reply Post Reply
They all have different arrangements and sizes of escape holes.  Some diffuse the air better than others.
Post Reply Post Reply
I've experienced two broken Airfit N20 masks in under three months. I'm going to try something else, but thought I'd check here to see if anybody else has experience this or can suggest if I've done something wrong. The issue is the little plastic piece to which the mask cushion attaches breaks off. I don't think I've been rough with it, although I have had difficulty detaching the cushion for cleaning. As I have found no instances of this issue here or all kinds of Google searches, I'm wondering what I might be doing. Any thoughts?
Post Reply Post Reply
I like the N20 cushion but not the frame or headgear, so I glued together an N20 cushion and short hose and put it through the frame hole in a Wisp frame and headgear.  It's comfortable, secure and works well.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  [Product Review] Resmed Airfit P30i Nasal Pillows Mask lab rat 45 24,684 03-21-2024, 07:11 AM
Last Post: jdavis
  [Product Review] ResMed AirFit F30i Full Face Mask plakky 6 6,300 12-23-2023, 08:31 PM
Last Post: DancesWithCats
  [Product Review] AirFit P10 versus DreamWear cmk17 22 35,153 11-28-2023, 06:01 PM
Last Post: Kathy14225
  [Product Review] ResMed N30 Nasal Mask Review (not the N30i) AndyB 17 10,224 02-20-2023, 06:22 PM
Last Post: getzall
  [Product Review] Resmed AirFit P10 eviltim 190 124,145 11-30-2022, 12:40 AM
Last Post: WakeUpTime
  [Product Review] ResMed AirFit F30 Full Face Mask Coffee Man 39 22,816 05-08-2022, 01:55 PM
Last Post: drmaestro
  [Product Review] ResMed AirFit N30i Coffee Man 39 25,069 02-27-2022, 09:46 PM
Last Post: DaveL

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.